PDA

View Full Version : Homer Question

CenTexSports
07-10-2006, 10:37 AM
If you were not allowed to post ANY homer comments during football season, would you still frequent the 3A Downlow?

tigerpride_08
07-10-2006, 10:39 AM
probably not...thats what makes this a interesting site:)

Adidas410s
07-10-2006, 10:44 AM
yes...it's like crack!!! ;)

Plus...I try to stay away from making truly homer posts! ;)

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 10:46 AM
Yeah, me too...:D :devil: :D

Bullaholic
07-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Probably would CenTex, but I don't think there is any "shame" in being a "homer", sometimes. The trick is to know when to stop being a "homer" and become an impartial and honest HS football fan. The passion and dedication of the "homers" is a vital ingredient which sparks many comments, pro and con, in almost every HS football discussion.

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Probably would CenTex, but I don't think there is any "shame" in being a "homer", sometimes. The trick is to know when to stop being a "homer" and become an impartial and honest HS football fan. The passion and dedication of the "homers" is a vital ingredient which sparks many comments, pro and con, in almost every HS football discussion.

Well said...:clap: :D

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 10:54 AM
I'd be here. I'd just start talking trash about some other teams. ;)

CenTexSports
07-10-2006, 11:03 AM
I was just wondering. I go to between 2 and 5 games a week once scrimmages start and they are 7th through varsity and 6 man through 5a. Most of the folks here are avid, hardcore fans but they deal mostly with their school and district, so I was curious if they would still post if they could not post about their team.

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I'd be here. I'd just start talking trash about some other teams. ;)

Starting with Sweetwater ???:D

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 11:04 AM
I'd be here. I'd just start talking trash about some other teams. ;) :eek: :eek: Don't you know? Talking trash is a big "NO-NO"!!! For shame!!! :D

Ranger Mom
07-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by CenTexSports
I was just wondering. I go to between 2 and 5 games a week once scrimmages start and they are 7th through varsity and 6 man through 5a. Most of the folks here are avid, hardcore fans but they deal mostly with their school and district, so I was curious if they would still post if they could not post about their team.

Well...seeing as how my team hasn't got past the first round in the playoffs for the past 3 years......the fact that I went to at least one game...sometimes 2 and one time even 3 game, EVERY weekend up to the State Championship.........I think it's safe to say that I would stick around!!

Oh yeah....that and the fact that I rarely talk about football!!!:D :D :D :D

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Starting with Sweetwater ???:D
I thought I started that 3 years ago. :doh: :D j/k

Cameron Crazy
07-10-2006, 11:24 AM
To tell you the truth i dont think i have made over 10 homer posts because there is nothing to brag about our program maybe this year if we can pull off a district championship...we'll see:D

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: :eek: Don't you know? Talking trash is a big "NO-NO"!!! For shame!!! :D
:tongue: :tongue: Thanks for helping me pick my first target....Sinton. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh

pirate4state
07-10-2006, 11:30 AM
:tongue: :tongue: Thanks for helping me pick my first target....Sinton. :evillaugh :evillaugh :evillaugh I'm sure you won't be the only one. :rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
07-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I'm sure you won't be the only one. :rolleyes:
:kiss: :kiss: :p