PDA

View Full Version : Why I won't be seeing ""Super"Man Returns" in the theaters...

SintonFan
07-10-2006, 02:03 AM
Dan Harris, a writer for the new movies' script changed Superman's trademark saying, "Truth, Justice and the American Way" to "Truth, Justice and all that stuff"...:o :o :o
I think we as a nation need to stop hating "ourselves" as a nation.:mad: This was not started as a political thread.:o

Aesculus gilmus
07-10-2006, 06:58 AM
Haven't you heard the economy is "global"? I've been hearing that for about 15 years. It's finally beginning to hit home to the middle class that they may not be middle class much longer because of that.

But that's why they did that. That movie is marketed worldwide and not just to Americans. Like it or not, the USA is just not that good a "brand name" anymore to most of the rest of the world. It's always about the money. Remember that.

Blastoderm55
07-10-2006, 10:05 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Dan Harris, a writer for the new movies' script changed Superman's trademark saying, "Truth, Justice and the American Way" to "Truth, Justice and all that stuff"...:o :o :o
I think we as a nation need to stop hating "ourselves" as a nation.:mad: This was not started as a political thread.:o

Keep in mind, that quote came from the mouth of a supporting character, Perry White if I believe. It did not come from the mouth of Superman so its not as if the character has changed what he stands for.