PDA

View Full Version : Freaking fish...

Gobbla2001
07-09-2006, 04:00 PM
Got out on the water at about 6... got to the hole at about 6:30, saw a few reds makin' wake so set up in that spot... about 5 minutes after setting up at that spot I see a redfish's back out of the water, the dude was just sliding along the bottom with his back and his tale out (really shallow lake area in the backwaters, tide was coming in slowly)... then we look further and I crap you not there are about 20 all around us with their backs out (to be more specicif, about 65% of their body was out of water)... we caught one, lost two (I didn't set the hook very well and I'm still kickin' myself because that was moby) and the others just wouldn't freaking bite... I figured with all of the cloud coverage this area got last night that the moon wouldn't have been 'as' big of a factor as it could have been, but I guess I was wrong, they had enough moon last night and they just ate too damned much... these were all keepers from what we could tell...

Next time I'm taking my 22 and .270 out there...

Gp83
07-09-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Got out on the water at about 6... got to the hole at about 6:30, saw a few reds makin' wake so set up in that spot... about 5 minutes after setting up at that spot I see a redfish's back out of the water, the dude was just sliding along the bottom with his back and his tale out (really shallow lake area in the backwaters, tide was coming in slowly)... then we look further and I crap you not there are about 20 all around us with their backs out (to be more specicif, about 65% of their body was out of water)... we caught one, lost two (I didn't set the hook very well and I'm still kickin' myself because that was moby) and the others just wouldn't freaking bite... I figured with all of the cloud coverage this area got last night that the moon wouldn't have been 'as' big of a factor as it could have been, but I guess I was wrong, they had enough moon last night and they just ate too damned much... these were all keepers from what we could tell...

Next time I'm taking my 22 and .270 out there...

I was in California Hole (Aransas Bay) a few years ago in 2 feet of water. It was so clear, I saw not hundrds of reds, but thousands of reds surrounding my boat. Crystal clear water and not one red would bite. You talk about fustration.:mad: You couldn't see the bottom because of all the reds.:eek:

bobcat1
07-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Did you have a net or dynamite?????

Gobbla2001
07-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Did you have a net or dynamite?????

Had a cast net and a landing net, but they won't let a landing net get close to 'em and they'd see me throwing the cast net and run off... or swim off:D

Gobbla2001
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Gp83
I was in California Hole (Aransas Bay) a few years ago in 2 feet of water. It was so clear, I saw not hundrds of reds, but thousands of reds surrounding my boat. Crystal clear water and not one red would bite. You talk about fustration.:mad: You couldn't see the bottom because of all the reds.:eek:

We ran into a mess of them out of Rockport one day... We had live shrimp, live finger mullet, croker and I was also chunkin' a silver spoon and we only caught about 3, we were there for a long time... I'd say on that bank there were well over 200... on the other bank it was about the same...

Cameron Crazy
07-09-2006, 08:11 PM
Im going to Florida for vacation and im going deep sea fishing ive been before but this time we are taking a private boat out instead of one with like 200+ on the boat it was terrible.