PDA

View Full Version : ortiz vs. shamrock

PlayaJBiehl20
07-09-2006, 01:55 AM
did any one else watch this fight, i had five on shamrock(was totally out of my mind), will there be a rematch?

sinton3055
07-09-2006, 05:27 AM
Nope Ortiz just proved Ken can't hang, not because he isn't good but the age has caught up. Don't take anything away from Ortiz, he's a good fighter and one of my favorite fighters.

Blastoderm55
07-09-2006, 08:48 AM
Once again Ortiz schooled Shamrock, and upon waking up, Shamrock has the audacity to complain as to why the fight was stopped. Uh, hello, you got knocked the hell out with elbow after elbow and your entire body went limp. Idiot. Hopefully Tito will stay in good enough shape to compete with Liddell.

PlayaJBiehl20
07-09-2006, 12:23 PM
i like ortiz, he backs his trash talking up unlike some of the posters on this board

bobcat1
07-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Ken was great at one time but then so was Nolan Ryan. The difference in the 2 is one knows when to bow out gracefully and not get kicked to the curb.

thewyliefan
07-09-2006, 12:47 PM
personaly i dont think the fight should have been stopped
the first fight the guy was getting pounded and blood was just pouring from his head and they let that go on. IMO that guy couldnt defend himself, not shamrock

Gobbla2001
07-09-2006, 04:12 PM
I love Liddell... him and Ortiz going at it at this point in both of their careers would worry me though... Liddell is good and can take you out with one swing, but Ortiz is very quick... we'd have to see...

Is Frank Mir back yet? When is he coming back? I don't believe he's faught since his motorcycle accident but I heard he'd return... I really like him as well I think he can be unstoppable...

Gobbler Fan
07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GojZtWxw2-4&search=tito%20ortiz%20

Not much of a fight Ortiz has Shamrock's number

Gp83
07-09-2006, 04:44 PM
I still can't believe no press coverage on UFC. It is the worlds fastest growing sport, yet not one beat reporter. They sell out every event and has way surpassed boxing. I just wish it wasn't pay per view so I can see every fight.

Fal44
07-09-2006, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I love Liddell... him and Ortiz going at it at this point in both of their careers would worry me though... Liddell is good and can take you out with one swing, but Ortiz is very quick... we'd have to see...

Is Frank Mir back yet? When is he coming back? I don't believe he's faught since his motorcycle accident but I heard he'd return... I really like him as well I think he can be unstoppable...

Yea Mir is back, he had a fight last night against Dan christienson (SP) they went 3 rounds and Mir Won. I was pissed that the ortiz and shamrock only went a Min summ but shamrock couldnt defend his self. The lightweight fights were the best all Night

Phantom Stang
07-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Gobbler Fan
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GojZtWxw2-4&search=tito%20ortiz%20

Not much of a fight Ortiz has Shamrock's number
That's a cool page.

bobcat1
07-09-2006, 06:51 PM
They should have let it go until Ken was beat completely down. Now he will want another fight and think if I can just stay up. He will not realize the ref did him a huge favor. I want to see Liddell knock Ortiz out. I don't like Ortiz. He's good just mouths too much.

Blastoderm55
07-09-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by thewyliefan
personaly i dont think the fight should have been stopped
the first fight the guy was getting pounded and blood was just pouring from his head and they let that go on. IMO that guy couldnt defend himself, not shamrock

Yves was intelligently defending himself. His cut looked worse than it was. That's the area of the head where wrestlers blade themselves because of the fact that it bleeds profusely with just a little nic. Shamrock however buckled after the first elbow and did nothing to fight off the fury of Ortiz. I would have liked to see the fight go further, just to see Shamrock swollen like a blowfish again. :D

Cameron Crazy
07-09-2006, 08:09 PM
How about them Rangers (off topic):D

Blastoderm55
07-09-2006, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

Mir was mediocre at best. He was carrying too much weight and got winded early. He really shouldn't have won as the fight warranted being a draw on account of it being a suckfest.

thewyliefan
07-09-2006, 09:22 PM
hahaha yea the first time shamrock met ortiz's fist made him look like a dang baloon, he didnt even look like shamrock any more