PDA

View Full Version : Hooks game tonight.

pirate44
07-07-2006, 04:22 PM
if anyone is gonna be there tonight, stop by section 117 row 9 seats 14 & 15 and row 10 seats 12, 13, 14, 15 and say hello. maybe ill see AggieJohn there, this time ill actually recognize him

AggieJohn
07-07-2006, 04:32 PM
nope, i'm going to the circus tonight, to watch, not to be in it

Phil C
07-07-2006, 04:36 PM
I'm going to watch the Tour de France tonight.

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 04:37 PM
I'm going to play NFL Head Coach tonight

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Gotta go home. Leaving in a few...
Enjoy the game FoFo.

AggieJohn
07-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I'm going to watch the Tour de France tonight. that's not corpus christi-ish at all phil

SHOW SOME "south texas" Compassion

pirate44
07-07-2006, 04:59 PM
I'm going to watch the Tour de France tonight.
Phil_C, show some compassion towards affiliated minor league baseball:mad:

AggieJohn
07-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Phil_C, show some compassion towards affiliated minor league baseball:mad: haha

Phil C
07-07-2006, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
that's not corpus christi-ish at all phil

SHOW SOME "south texas" Compassion

GO HOOKS!! :clap:

AggieJohn
07-07-2006, 05:13 PM
GO HOOKS!! :clap: that's better

Cameron Crazy
07-07-2006, 05:45 PM
FoFo nice im going to start calling him that.

piratebg
07-07-2006, 07:30 PM
I got tickets for the 19th but I'm thinking about going on Monday also for some $1 hot dogs and cokes.

pirate44
07-08-2006, 08:49 AM
what a game. of all to go to, this was the one. Hooks lost a nice lead. their pitching became stale in the 8th inning. after several walks, the Hooks pitching coach came on the field and got tossed pretty quick. he must have cussed at the ump. heres what the caller times wrote:

Corpus Christi then sweated out a bizarre top of the ninth inning. Estrada walked the bases loaded and after the third walk, Slusarski came out of the dugout to argue with home plate umpire David Rackley.

Slusarski was quickly ejected and got his money's worth. He gave Rackley quite the earful, with manager Dave Clark and the other umpires trying to separate the two. Slusarski didn't stop, kicking dirt at the umpires, tossing his hat to the ground. He then went back into the dugout and emptied a bucket of baseballs onto the field and then tossed the bucket himself. Slusarski then retired to the clubhouse to thunderous applause along the way.

Slusarski declined to comment on the ejection afterward, saying he would address it today.

i am so glad i stuck around past the 10th inning. not to mention we got a great fireworks show. oh yeah, and since we had 10+ strikeouts, everyone in the ballpark got free taco coupons from circle k. that was the most entertaining Hooks game...baseball game....ive ever been to:clap:

pirate44
07-08-2006, 08:57 AM
oh, by the way, the Hooks won it in the bottom of the 10th on a Sacamano base hit

3afan
07-08-2006, 08:57 AM
I havent been to a Hooks game .. been to minor league games in:

San Jose, CA
Lynn, MA
Knoxville, TN
Frederick, MD
Woodbride, VA
Frisco, TX
Round Rock, TX
San Antonio, TX

CC might be next - or maybe LaGrave Field in Fort Worth

One thing I hope they dont to in CC that they have done in other minor league parks, and that is cramming so much "extra" stuff into the ballpark it becomes a baseball game amid a circus

Maroon87
07-08-2006, 09:02 AM
oh yeah, and since we had 10+ strikeouts, everyone in the ballpark got free taco coupons from circle k. that was the most entertaining Hooks game...baseball game....ive ever been to:clap:

They had 10 K's when I was there last week. I took a pass on the free taco, however. I figure any meat product that comes from a convenience store should be avoided at all cost...;)

pirate44
07-08-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

San Jose, CA
Lynn, MA
Knoxville, TN
Frederick, MD
Woodbride, VA
Frisco, TX
Round Rock, TX
San Antonio, TX

One thing I hope they dont to in CC that they have done in other minor league parks, and that is cramming so much "extra" stuff into the ballpark it becomes a baseball game amid a circus
i was afraid that would happen, but they put all the kids stuff (playground, rock climb, basketball court, little league field, baseball throw) out behind center field. they really put a lot of thought in building this place. like a lot of minor league teams, they brought the game "closer" to the fans. you really feel apart of the game. the major league games ive been to havent been this entertaining.

pirate44
07-08-2006, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by Maroon87
They had 10 K's when I was there last week. I took a pass on the free taco, however. I figure any meat product that comes from a convenience store should be avoided at all cost...;)
haha:D ive had a few of those tacos, fresh made, and they arent all that bad;)

AggieJohn
07-08-2006, 09:25 AM
i wasn't as big a fan of dell diamond, however whataburger field is put together very well in my opinion

pirate44
07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
i wasn't as big a fan of dell diamond, however whataburger field is put together very well in my opinion
i agree. although my son loves the kid's stuff, he is more than happy to sit with me during the game. the excitement of it all keeps him occupied. my wife enjoys the games. and people we have taken with us with no interest in baseball, have enjoyed the games and the atmosphere. Corpus Christi finally got one right this time. but when Nolan Ryan is running the show, its hard not to.

by the way AggieJohn, how was the circus?

CalallenWildcat
07-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by 3afan

San Jose, CA
Lynn, MA
Knoxville, TN
Frederick, MD
Woodbride, VA
Frisco, TX
Round Rock, TX
San Antonio, TX

There's a stadium off I-40 about 6 or 7 miles north of Sevierville, TN - it's out in the middle of nowhere, I think the Tennessee Smokies play there. I'd like to see a game there.

AggieJohn
07-08-2006, 10:31 AM
by the way AggieJohn, how was the circus?

very loud, i liked it, i thought it was worth the 11 dollar tickets we had. A couple of suggestions i would have is to make it less advasive in their wanting you to buy stuff there. I kid you not, the popcorn and novelties guys were out in full force, they must of had more of them on staff then actuall performers. Those guys must of gotten a great commission or something because man, everytime i turned around their was one. If you wanted something you didn't have to get out of your seat at all.

The main song they had in their program this year also bothered me. They said, "Come have fun at the Circus", which sounded like "runaway to the circus." I listened to my wife read me the biographies of some of these circus people and they are like 7th and 8th generation circus members. One of the goofiest guys, Bello, is from the Nock family, which is so synonomous with circus since like the 1700's. The Nocks are like the Ripkens in baseball, or the griffeys. Theirs a ton of pedigree in the show.

was suprised however not too see peta lined up out there though

pirate44
07-08-2006, 10:56 AM
sounds fun. Jr. will love it. we went ahead and got the 16 dollar seats. 50 yard line seats but they are the 2nd level. 1st row though so there is nobody in front of us. i hope since they are the 2nd level that the seats arent too far away

AggieJohn
07-08-2006, 11:08 AM
sounds fun. Jr. will love it. we went ahead and got the 16 dollar seats. 50 yard line seats but they are the 2nd level. 1st row though so there is nobody in front of us. i hope since they are the 2nd level that the seats arent too far away nah, those are probably the best you can get

District303aPastPlayer
07-08-2006, 11:33 AM
there really isnt a bad seat in the entire place... except on the second level near the scoreboard, opposite the bandstage, all the way to the wall... i sat there for the OSU/A&M-CC Basketball game...

CalallenWildcat
07-08-2006, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
there really isnt a bad seat in the entire place... except on the second level near the scoreboard, opposite the bandstage, all the way to the wall... i sat there for the OSU/A&M-CC Basketball game...

For that game, I was on the 8th row at center court. Had OSU fans sitting next to me.

3afan
07-08-2006, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
There's a stadium off I-40 about 6 or 7 miles north of Sevierville, TN - it's out in the middle of nowhere, I think the Tennessee Smokies play there. I'd like to see a game there.

i remember seeing that - isnt it Pringles Park?