PDA

View Full Version : i have a feeling im gonna get it for this one

pirate44
07-07-2006, 03:34 PM
would you overzelous posters quit coming to the rescue of the liberal cause. get a sense of humor. these things are funny. lighten up.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
would you overzelous posters quit coming to the rescue of the liberal cause. get a sense of humor. these things are funny. lighten up.

HUH??

What did I miss??

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
HUH??

What did I miss??

http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46651

GreenMonster
07-07-2006, 03:38 PM
that was quite funny IMO

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 03:40 PM

it made me laugh...

Cameron Crazy
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
I dont understand but ill go on Green Monsters word.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2006, 03:42 PM
maybe we should revisit this thead......just cause!!

Old vs. New (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19026&highlight=old+downlow)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Nobody asks you to supress your opinions on politics. You might as well ask us to not vote. I for one enjoy my freedoms and will fight to maintain them. If you want to give yours up without a fight, go over to Cuba and see how you like not having freedom. Show some compassion.

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 03:53 PM
maybe we should revisit this thead......just cause!!

Old vs. New (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19026&highlight=old+downlow)

still one of my favorite threads...and it's scary how some of those things are the truth...and many people won't admit it!

STOP BEING POLITICALLY CORRECT!!!:mad:

GreenMonster
07-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
Nobody asks you to supress your opinions on politics. You might as well ask us to not vote. I for one enjoy my freedoms and will fight to maintain them. If you want to give yours up without a fight, go over to Cuba and see how you like not having freedom. Show some compassion.

Poster Child for the Overzealous Liberal Defenders League

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

:rolleyes:

pirate44
07-07-2006, 03:59 PM
make your own thread for it. dont start griping about someones thread that was obvious to level headed people it was meant for humor. Spiveyrat didnt do anything to have his humorous thread closed.

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 04:00 PM
make your own thread for it. dont start griping about someones thread that was obvious to level headed people it was meant for humor. Spiveyrat didnt do anything to have his humorous thread closed.

true...true...

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 04:10 PM
We all need to show spivey SOME COMPASIDERATION!!!:mad:

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
We all need to show spivey SOME COMPASIDERATION!!!:mad:

Indeed. How are the liberals supposed to display a sense of humor when their joke thread gets closed. :(

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Indeed. How are the liberals supposed to display a sense of humor when their joke thread gets closed. :(
I think once one was closed there was no denying the other. Hey! Let's start a topic on religion!:inlove: :(

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 04:16 PM
I think once one was closed there was no denying the other. Hey! Let's start a topic on religion!:inlove: :(

No. I'll get lynched for believing in The Flying Spaghetti Monster (www.venganza.org). :(

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 04:18 PM

Nobody is doubting the sense of humor...and actually that wouldn't be your humor. That would be the mis-speakings of a Republican President providing you with humor.

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Nobody is doubting the sense of humor...and actually that wouldn't be your humor. That would be the mis-speakings of a Republican President providing you with humor.

44 told me to find a sense of humor so I did. :mad: Not to mention, we were going to string up our favorite phrases and add "in bed" to the end. :D

Ah well, hopefully they won't ban my siggy. :D

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 04:20 PM
No. I'll get lynched for believing in The Flying Spaghetti Monster (www.venganza.org). :(
ROFL!
This was cool!
http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.jpg

pirate44
07-07-2006, 04:23 PM
ROFL!
This was cool!
http://www.venganza.org/piratesarecool4.jpg
ROFL:D

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
ROFL:D
This was the 2 paragraphs preceding that chart:

I’m sure you now realize how important it is that your students are taught this alternate theory. It is absolutely imperative that they realize that observable evidence is at the discretion of a Flying Spaghetti Monster. Furthermore, it is disrespectful to teach our beliefs without wearing His chosen outfit, which of course is full pirate regalia. I cannot stress the importance of this enough, and unfortunately cannot describe in detail why this must be done as I fear this letter is already becoming too long. The concise explanation is that He becomes angry if we don’t.

You may be interested to know that global warming, earthquakes, hurricanes, and other natural disasters are a direct effect of the shrinking numbers of Pirates since the 1800s. For your interest, I have included a graph of the approximate number of pirates versus the average global temperature over the last 200 years. As you can see, there is a statistically significant inverse relationship between pirates and global temperature.
Fun stuff!

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 04:28 PM
http://img301.imageshack.us/img301/4503/smart8gg.jpg

well not this post but the politics one

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 04:46 PM
I just realized that the two topics that were locked have now been erased. Good grief, Big Brother means business. I hope I don't get "disappeared." :eek:

Tiger Baseball
07-07-2006, 04:57 PM
I just realized that the two topics that were locked have now been erased. Good grief, Big Brother means business. I hope I don't get "disappeared." :eek:

Now I understand! This place is not AMERICAN!

bobcat1
07-07-2006, 06:12 PM
Hey y'all can bash me as long as get a turn bashin back! :D I'm a newbie, but you gotta know I love a dang good bashin match!:clap:

Ranger Mom
07-07-2006, 06:54 PM

They aren't erased...they are just invisible to the "general public" now!!;)

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 07:08 PM
They are in the super secret moderator forum now.

Ranger Mom
07-07-2006, 07:11 PM
44 told me to find a sense of humor so I did. :mad: Not to mention, we were going to string up our favorite phrases and add "in bed" to the end. :D

HAHAHAHA!! That sounds like fun!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-07-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster

Forgive me if I fail to laugh. I'm going to be outspoken on my beliefs as a person, and I'm not going to let you or any other person within this website try to chastise what I personally believe to be true. That being said, I find it funny how many of you think that it is okay to post something obviously political on here, and then think that nobody is going to say anything in reply. If you are going to take a stab at me, I will stab back, I have never been one to sit back and take it. I used to thoroughly enjoy coming to this website, and I made some friends on here too, but I'm tired of all of the personal attacks. This place has turned to filth and is nothing but a pool of Republican bias. Every time you try to voice your opinion it is shot down if it isn't within the Republican beliefs of the powers at hand. I'm not saying that every person should share my beliefs, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make someone out to be a jackass because they're a "liberal" and try to turn them into something that they are not.

bobcat1
07-07-2006, 09:09 PM
but I'm not going to go out of my way to make someone out to be a jackass because they're a "liberal" and try to turn them into something that they are not.

Hold up there mister! The republicans are Elephants and the Democrats are ....well you said it Jackasses.:p

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Hold up there mister! The republicans are Elephants and the Democrats are ....well you said it Jackasses.:p
Just leave my best friend injured alone... we'll all get along.;) :p :D

LH Panther Mom
07-07-2006, 09:33 PM

BBDE, you're my friend and we've had a few "talks" outside of here about the subject. And here is the reason that political discussions always get shut down on the board. None of us likes to be told we're idiotic for our beliefs. And none of us likes to have someone else's beliefs jammed down our throats, when it's different than our own. But, it seems that every time something even remotely smells political it turns into much waddage going on, people getting ticked off and http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif....from both sides.

Personally, I'd love nothing better than to NEVER have to read them and sometimes don't until it's pointed out to me it's getting ugly. Sorry..... :( For the record, I do respect anyone's right to their personal beliefs and their right to defend them.

GreenMonster
07-07-2006, 10:16 PM
Forgive me if I fail to laugh. I'm going to be outspoken on my beliefs as a person, and I'm not going to let you or any other person within this website try to chastise what I personally believe to be true. That being said, I find it funny how many of you think that it is okay to post something obviously political on here, and then think that nobody is going to say anything in reply. If you are going to take a stab at me, I will stab back, I have never been one to sit back and take it. I used to thoroughly enjoy coming to this website, and I made some friends on here too, but I'm tired of all of the personal attacks. This place has turned to filth and is nothing but a pool of Republican bias. Every time you try to voice your opinion it is shot down if it isn't within the Republican beliefs of the powers at hand. I'm not saying that every person should share my beliefs, but I'm not going to go out of my way to make someone out to be a jackass because they're a "liberal" and try to turn them into something that they are not.

It's all good Gary. You should know from our sessions in the chat that I'm not about to try to stiffle your beliefs or thoughts. You're a smart guy and you will do well in whatever you choose to do in this life. I'm very impressed with how well you are tuned in to the world around you. I was no where near your intelligence level at 18. By the way, I also vote Democrat. I feel this party gives us, the average everyday American public, a fighting chance to get ahead in life.

Tiger Baseball
07-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
BBDE, you're my friend and we've had a few "talks" outside of here about the subject. And here is the reason that political discussions always get shut down on the board. None of us likes to be told we're idiotic for our beliefs. And none of us likes to have someone else's beliefs jammed down our throats, when it's different than our own. But, it seems that every time something even remotely smells political it turns into much waddage going on, people getting ticked off and http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/images/smilies/yap2.gif....from both sides.

Personally, I'd love nothing better than to NEVER have to read them and sometimes don't until it's pointed out to me it's getting ugly. Sorry..... :( For the record, I do respect anyone's right to their personal beliefs and their right to defend them.

So does this mean the Snyder/Sweetwater threads are going to get shut down http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_12_1.gif

spiveyrat
07-08-2006, 06:20 AM
They aren't erased...they are just invisible to the "general public" now!!;)

Aw! C'mon! I want to see why it got shut down!!! :weeping:

DU_stud04
07-08-2006, 06:22 AM
me and piratebg are having fun on the everyone play! thread:D

pirate44
07-08-2006, 08:27 AM
HAHAHAHA!! That sounds like fun...in bed!

:D

3afan
07-08-2006, 08:51 AM
bottom line is - if ya dont like it, then just move on ......

rockdale80
07-08-2006, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
bottom line is - if ya dont like it, then just move on ......

Or we could all just follow the rules and respect each other enough to not take petty stabs a people. And if you want democrats to stop defending themselves on here then some of you republicans should stop giving them a reason to. The bottom line is we can sit on here all day and argue, and no matter what points are made, noone is going to change their mind. And since when is defending your beliefs such a bad thing? IF yours were attacked you would defend them too.....

Black_Magic
07-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by rockdale80
Or we could all just follow the rules and respect each other enough to not take petty stabs a people. And if you want democrats to stop defending themselves on here then some of you republicans should stop giving them a reason to. The bottom line is we can sit on here all day and argue, and no matter what points are made, noone is going to change their mind. And since when is defending your beliefs such a bad thing? IF yours were attacked you would defend them too..... You hit it right on the head. It seems to me that I have seen political points or stabs made by conservatives on here, then in response you have things being said that people dont like. Its simple. IF you cant or dont like to take an opposing view then dont take a political stab unless your ready to recieve one;)

pirate44
07-08-2006, 09:42 AM
i made this thread because i was ticked off that spiveyrat's thread containing a funny pic about a NY times spoof was closed. it didnt mention any political party or ideology. it poked fun at their choice of news stories. starting a gripe over that by turning it into a political argument is stupid.

AggieJohn
07-08-2006, 09:47 AM
i made this thread because i was ticked off that spiveyrat's thread containing a funny pic about a NY times spoof was closed. it didnt mention any political party or ideology. it poked fun at their choice of news stories. starting a gripe over that by turning it into a political argument is stupid. defend for life

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 02:19 PM
I hate politics nowadays...

I used to like arguing politics with folks on here and other boards, but I realized we were just taking up for republicans or democrats, not for our own beliefs... What sucks is you get in arguements and get on folks' bad sides for taking up for a political party... if you're going to get on someone's bad side you'd be better off doing it while taking up for yourself and not for a party that has opposing opinions etc... within itself...

Believe what you believe, and vote for who you believe will cater more to your beliefs...

I urge you all to be independent...

NEVER vote straight ticket (Example, Democrat Zel Miller is more conservative than about 90% of the Republican party)...

But on the note of this thread being deleted it REALLY bugs me... I've been known to be the Bush supporter though I do not agree on everything he has to offer at this point, but I laughed my ass off every time I saw Will Ferrel play his part on Saturday Night Live, it was FREAKING halarious, it is SOOOOOO funny to see him mocked etc... (I've even done it since he got elected)... Why can't everyone just laugh???

A since of humor is not common around here anymore, we need to get it back... and remember kids, wrap it up...

Ranger Mom
07-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Why can't everyone just laugh???

A since of humor is not common around here anymore, we need to get it back...

Amen brother!!:clap:

neck_06
07-08-2006, 02:42 PM
just wondering...............am i an OLD poster or a NEW poster?

:thinking: :thinking: :thinking:

Ranger Mom
07-08-2006, 02:44 PM
Profile For neck_06
Date Registered: 08-24-2004

I think you would be considered "new".

I believe the new board started up around the first of March 2004.

neck_06
07-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Profile For neck_06
Date Registered: 08-24-2004

I think you would be considered "new".

I believe the new board started up around the first of March 2004.

aww......so does that mean that i'm an overzelous poster who needs to get a sense of humor and quit coming to the rescue of the liberal cause?

:confused: :thinking: :confused: :thinking: ;)

Ranger Mom
07-08-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by neck_06
aww......so does that mean that i'm an overzelous poster who needs to get a sense of humor and quit coming to the rescue of the liberal cause?

:confused: :thinking: :confused: :thinking: ;)

I have no clue....I'm not a political person so I don't read those threads unless I absolutely HAVE to!! I really have no idea who said what....but from reading THIS thread, I have a sneaking suspicion that BBDE was involved in there somewhere!!:D

neck_06
07-08-2006, 02:59 PM
I have no clue....I'm not a political person so I don't read those threads unless I absolutely HAVE to!! I really have no idea who said what....but from reading THIS thread, I have a sneaking suspicion that BBDE was involved in there somewhere!!:D

LMAO!

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-08-2006, 05:52 PM
44, you try to make it out as though spiveyrat had no intentions of starting anything political. If you haven't noticed, it has been the Republican side who has been taking shots at newspapers such as the NYT. Spiveyrat posted the cartoon with the belief that the NYT was out of line in what they did, and he cannot even deny that due to his previous Republican rants. That on top of people attacking what they call the "liberal" media and calling for a supression of our individual rights caused me to reply to the thread. I'm not going to sit back and not say anything in worries that it might offend you or the thread might be closed. I'm going to say what I believe in until the day that I die. I simply do not like people taking cheap shots on my personal beliefs, I only ask that you respect mine as me being an American citizen and knowing that I respect yours as well. The thread was political from the very beginning, and you're blaming me and me alone for getting it closed, but it should have been closed before I even read it in the first place. I think that you are out of line to place the blame squarely on my shoulders, and I thoroughly resent that notion because what I said was in defense of what I truly believe in.

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 06:06 PM
I do not believe the thread was really political to begin with... anyone working at the NY Times would tell you they do slant stuff to show what they believe in, that's just a known deal... it's like green beans being green... everyone knows they're green, but showing them being green in a funny way is just, well, funny (okay, maybe that wasn't the best example)...

Fox News slants a tad toword the right and we all know it... NY Times, LA Times (is it the times) and just about every newspaper in America slants towords the left...

Everyone knows these things, none of them can hide it so we'll just keep on makin' fun of it and laughing while we can...

Phantom Stang
07-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Would someone PM me a link to the cartoon in question, so maybe I'll have some idea what y'all are talking about?:confused:

Thanks in advance.:)

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Would someone PM me a link to the cartoon in question, so maybe I'll have some idea what y'all are talking about?:confused:

ditto, I was on my lunch break and wasn't paying attention really...

pirate4state
07-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Maybe I need to bust out the monkeys again! :thinking: :evillaugh

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
bust of the monkeys

Never seen a busty monkey... please share :p :D

pirate4state
07-08-2006, 06:28 PM
Never seen a busty monkey... please share :p :D :o my bad...I meant "bust out the monkeys...

pirate44
07-08-2006, 07:39 PM
bbde, please quote the post where i placed the blame on you? i believe a previous post about you being smart. i really do. youre a smart guy. but when it comes to being wise, you have a lot of growing to do. if you assume the NYT is synonymous with Democrats, then you have an argument. but if you believe they are middle road reporting what they should, then poking fun about them is NOT political. and even if it was political, then Spivey is just speaking HIS beliefs. and you are criticizing him for what HE believes in. in other words, youre acting hypocritical. lose the itchy trigger finger and pick your battles. if you want to be ctritical, like i said, do it on your own thread and let that one get closed. dont HELP get his closed.

(once again, i never put the blame squarely on you)

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 07:41 PM

the blame squarely

"Where even squares can have a ball"

Phantom Stang
07-08-2006, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang

Anyone??

PlayaJBiehl20
07-09-2006, 01:58 AM
i agree

Blastoderm55
07-09-2006, 08:50 AM

Fox News slants a tad toword the right and we all know it

A tad!?!?! A tad Lloyd?!?! *Bursts into Dumb and Dumber diatrabe*

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-09-2006, 12:15 PM
44, you criticized the Democrats for speaking in our own defense, you did not have to say my name in order for me to know who you were referring to. I never once said that I was more wise or smarter than any person on here, and I do understand that I still have to see a lot in the world, but I have seen enough and can understand when a finger is being pointed at me. I have no clue as to what political affiliation the NY Times holds, I have never read the newspaper, and if I ever do read a newspaper, it's the sports section or the crossword puzzle. I never criticized spiveyrat for having his own opinions, but the cartoon itself proves that he jumped on the Republican bandwagon that has a vendetta against the NY Times for reporting stories of an administration abusing its powers and infringing upon our American civil liberties. This is supposed to be a political free message board, but the cartoon was clearly a political jab, so yes, that is something that should be pointed out. You may call me hypocritical for speaking about politics despite what I just said, but I firmly believe that if it someone takes a jab and nothing happens, I have every right to at least defend my beliefs. I have seen numerous complaints about the media being biased, so you should understand that if I were to let spiveyrat's comments stand I would be supressing my own beliefs and allowing this message board itself to be biased just like the media that many of you despise. I would not think for a second that I could start up a thread bashing the Republican values and no one would step up and defend their beliefs, so you too should not believe that if someone is going to start a thread with a Republican bias that takes a shot at the Democrats that nothing is going to be said from myself. My battles lie with my beliefs and I'm not going to conform to an idea of subordination and silence.

bobcat1
07-09-2006, 12:31 PM
I think we are running out of cheese too quickly what with all this whine!:p