PDA

View Full Version : Guys' Rules

Gobbla2001
07-07-2006, 12:31 PM
May have been posted before, if so I appologize... read these a couple of months ago and just got 'em in a bulletin on myspace and I just had to post 'em...

---

The Guys' Rules

At last a guy has taken the time to write this all down. Finally, the guys' side of the story.

We always hear "the rules" from the female side. Now here are the rules from the male side. These are our rules! Please note...these are all numbered "1" ON PURPOSE!

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

1. Sunday sports. It's like the full moon or the changing of the tides. Let it be.

1. Shopping is NOT a sport. And no, we are never going to think of it that way.

1. Crying is blackmail.

1. Ask for what you want. Let us be clear on this one:
Subtle hints do not work!
Strong hints do not work!
Obvious hints do not work!
Just say it!

1. Yes and No are perfectly acceptable answers to almost every question.

1. Come to us with a problem only if you want help solving it. That's what we do. Sympathy is what your Girlfriends are for.

1. A headache that lasts for 17 months is a problem. See a doctor.

1. Anything we said 6 months ago is inadmissible in an argument. In fact, all comments become null and void after 7 days.

1. If you won't dress like the Victoria's Secret girls, don't expect us to act like soap opera guys.

1. If you think you're fat, you probably are. Don't ask us.

1. If something we said can be interpreted two ways and one of the ways makes you sad or angry, we meant the other one.

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

1. Whenever possible, please say whatever you have to say during commercials.

1. Christopher Columbus did not need directions and neither do we!

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

1. If it itches, it will be scratched. We do that.

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say nothing,",we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

1. If you ask a question you don't want an answer to, expect an answer you don't want to hear.

1. When we have to go somewhere, absolutely anything you wear is fine....Really.

1. Don't ask us what we're thinking about unless you are prepared to discuss such topics as sports, the weather, sex, or hunting.

1. You have enough clothes.

1. You have too many shoes.

1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.

1. Thank you for reading this. Yes, I know, I have to sleep on the
couch tonight; but did you know men Really don't mind that? It's like camping.

Gobbla2001
07-07-2006, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

1. If we ask what is wrong and you say nothing,",we will act like
nothing's wrong. We know you are lying, but it is just not worth the hassle.

This one needs to be posted on the bulletin board at OWCHI Headquarters

Ranger Mom
07-07-2006, 12:52 PM
I now know why you are single!:p :p

BTEXDAD
07-07-2006, 02:17 PM

1. You can either ask us to do something or tell us how you want it done. Not both. If you already know best how to do it, just do it yourself.

My wife loves for me to make a decision or complete a project so she can tell me what I did wrong.

1. ALL men see in only 16 colors, like Windows default settings.
Peach, for example, is a fruit, not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is.

I don't think I even see 16 colors. Colors I know are black, white, red, blue, green, yellow, purple and brown. Everything else is combination.
As an example what some people call tan, I call light brown.
Navy is a real dark blue.
Maroon is dark purple (apologies to aggies)
Orange is brownish yellow. (apologies to longhorns)
Gray is actually a light black.

Good post, Gobbla!

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
All colors are a combination of red, green, and blue

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 02:22 PM
This one needs to be posted on the bulletin board at OWCHI Headquarters

true...true...

big daddy russ
07-07-2006, 02:32 PM
1. I am in shape. Round is a shape.
Amen!:clap:

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
All colors are a combination of red, green, and blue

Those being the primary colors. What are the secondary colors?:D

Chris Hart
07-07-2006, 04:41 PM
Awesome stuff! :clap:

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Those being the primary colors. What are the secondary colors?:D

1. Guys do not know the secondary colors

:p

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
1. Guys do not know the secondary colors

:p

Congratulations! You have past the test! :D :D :D

I thought I'd try to fool you...:devil: .

Blastoderm55
07-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I thought yellow was a primary color. You can't get green without yellow and blue. Then again, judging by component video cables, it would make sense to have red, green and blue as primaries.

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I thought yellow was a primary color. You can't get green without yellow and blue. Then again, judging by component video cables, it would make sense to have red, green and blue as primaries.

Hell, I don't know. I'm just 6 shy of 1,000 posts and trying to pad.:D

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55

You are right...in color-mixing the primaries are Red, Yellow and Blue. But in video technologies the primaries are Red, Green, and Blue. And why I am capitalizing the names of colors I don't know. So deal with it! :D

stangGirl2007
07-07-2006, 08:30 PM

1. Learn to work the toilet seat. You're a big girl. If it's up, put it down. We need it up, you need it down. You don't hear us complaining about you leaving it down.

:

This one always bothers me when I fall in the toilet at 3am beacuase someone left the seat up!:mad:

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 12:11 AM
Just to let you all know, I DO leave the toilet seat DOWN, as a matter of fact I close the lid because some ladies are paranoid about germs spreading because it is open...

But the ones not used to the 'lid' down sometimes sit down and let her rip before realizing "Hey, that's the lid, there's no hole there"... so what does a guy do in this situation??? It's a lose/lose situation, damned if you don't, damned if you do... might as well leave the damn seat up and take the punishment for that one to avoid explaining yourself when asked about the lid...

And as for Ranger Mother's comment, I'm glad you NOW know why I am single, y'all are just too much damned trouble :D ;) :p

Gobbla2001
07-08-2006, 12:15 AM

But the ones not used to the 'lid' down sometimes sit down and let her rip before realizing "Hey, that's the lid, there's no hole there"... so what does a guy do in this situation??? It's a lose/lose situation, damned if you don't, damned if you do... might as well leave the damn seat up and take the punishment for that one to avoid explaining yourself when asked about the lid...

Meaning open your eyes before poppin' that squat... if we didn't open ours, you'd be sittin' on a lake in the middle of the night...