PDA

View Full Version : Ballinger at Wylie

Wbulldogs
11-04-2003, 03:15 PM
ne thoughts on this one...one of the biggest games of the year for wylie, for the District Title

pero chato
11-04-2003, 03:51 PM
Oughtta be a good one. Wylie will have to slow down Posey. But we've known that for three years now. Like Sandifer says, it's nearly impossible to stop him, so we'll try to slow him down. Wylie has been playing well since the Clyde loss. Real impressive game against Brady. I think we can win this one with no turnovers and a defense that tightens up against the run. Ballinger can throw the ball as well, but Posey is their main threat. For us, Lawson sure has looked good all year and may have as many yards as Posey. Good luck Friday Jason, ya'll are a good group of seniors, and senior leadership is crucial.

vet93
11-04-2003, 04:39 PM
This should be a good game. I agree with everything Pero Chato said about the game. I would add a couple of things. 1) The game will be won or lost in the trenches. If the Ballinger offensive line can get a push and give Posey some running room, then Ballinger will fair well. If Ballinger's line is pushed around like they were handled against Greenwood last year in the playoffs, then he won't have anywhere to run and it would be difficult to move the ball. 2) Turnovers always make a big difference in games like this and it could sway the course of the game. 3) Ballinger's defense will have to contain Keenum and not let him get to the corner where he can either run or pass. He has the speed to beat you on a broken play but can pass too. 4) Big plays...Sandifer likes trick plays in big games because he figures teams will over pursue on reverses etc...He has had a lot of success doing this (brady this year) and 2 years ago those big plays really overwhelmed Ballinger. Win or lose this game is a very good test for both teams going into the playoffs. It is always good to be tested right before the playoffs to get you battle ready (assuming you don't get injuries). I felt like last years game, even though it was a tough loss, really hardened us for the playoffs.

CatWoman
11-04-2003, 04:46 PM
vet93:
This should be a good game. I agree with everything Pero Chato said about the game. I would add a couple of things. 1) The game will be won or lost in the trenches. If the Ballinger offensive line can get a push and give Posey some running room, then Ballinger will fair well. If Ballinger's line is pushed around like they were handled against Greenwood last year in the playoffs, then he won't have anywhere to run and it would be difficult to move the ball. 2) Turnovers always make a big difference in games like this and it could sway the course of the game. 3) Ballinger's defense will have to contain Keenum and not let him get to the corner where he can either run or pass. He has the speed to beat you on a broken play but can pass too. 4) Big plays...Sandifer likes trick plays in big games because he figures teams will over pursue on reverses etc...He has had a lot of success doing this (brady this year) and 2 years ago those big plays really overwhelmed Ballinger. Win or lose this game is a very good test for both teams going into the playoffs. It is always good to be tested right before the playoffs to get you battle ready (assuming you don't get injuries). I felt like last years game, even though it was a tough loss, really hardened us for the playoffs.Earlier in the season, I would have jumped right in and said Ballinger will win, but Wylie has improved since then and it is always a hard game regardless of records or stats. I'm really looking forward to it.

1DAWG
11-05-2003, 05:17 PM
I would like to add that I love watching these two teams play each other they always have alot of respect for each other. I am a Wylie Fan so I do have to say I think Wylie is playing good football right now and will give Ballinger a run for the title. Regardless of the outcome both teams will advance in the playoffs and I hope both teams come away from the game injury free so that they can both have good runs in the playoffs.

Adidas410s
11-05-2003, 10:20 PM
1DAWG:
I would like to add that I love watching these two teams play each other they always have alot of respect for each other. I am a Wylie Fan so I do have to say I think Wylie is playing good football right now and will give Ballinger a run for the title. Regardless of the outcome both teams will advance in the playoffs and I hope both teams come away from the game injury free so that they can both have good runs in the playoffs.Also, I am just excited about getting to watch Case play again and seeing all the potential that he has. I have known him since he was a "wee little boy" and it has been a pleasure watching him grow up and become one heck of a football player. I know that nobody else has but I will go ahead and make a prediction on this game: Wylie 24 Ballinger 21 on a last second Philpot FG!!! :p

I totally agree that this has been a fun series to watch. This will be my 8th year to be able to "take in" this game and it has been a blast every time. I must say that my favorite game was my senior year in 2000 when we beat Ballinger 7-0 in a very hard fought game on the way to the state finals. This game was a big gut check for Wylie because Ensor got hurt early and was out for the rest of the game. On the other hand, I hurt for Ballinger because I think that this game had an impact on their "psyche" because of something like 4 or 5 TO's that they had in the red zone...ok enough of my reminiscing. I am looking forward to this game as it will probably be the last time that I get to see Posey play in person unless for some odd reason he ends up at Hardin-Simmons next year! :)

wildstangs
11-05-2003, 11:25 PM
Something tells me to expect a close game. Throw out all the records and the past, this is a pretty good rivalry and that changes everything. Best of luck to both sides Friday night. Cant wait.

CatWoman
11-06-2003, 09:42 AM
Adidas410s:

1DAWG:
I would like to add that I love watching these two teams play each other they always have alot of respect for each other. I am a Wylie Fan so I do have to say I think Wylie is playing good football right now and will give Ballinger a run for the title. Regardless of the outcome both teams will advance in the playoffs and I hope both teams come away from the game injury free so that they can both have good runs in the playoffs.Also, I am just excited about getting to watch Case play again and seeing all the potential that he has. I have known him since he was a "wee little boy" and it has been a pleasure watching him grow up and become one heck of a football player. I know that nobody else has but I will go ahead and make a prediction on this game: Wylie 24 Ballinger 21 on a last second Philpot FG!!! :p

I totally agree that this has been a fun series to watch. This will be my 8th year to be able to "take in" this game and it has been a blast every time. I must say that my favorite game was my senior year in 2000 when we beat Ballinger 7-0 in a very hard fought game on the way to the state finals. This game was a big gut check for Wylie because Ensor got hurt early and was out for the rest of the game. On the other hand, I hurt for Ballinger because I think that this game had an impact on their "psyche" because of something like 4 or 5 TO's that they had in the red zone...ok enough of my reminiscing. I am looking forward to this game as it will probably be the last time that I get to see Posey play in person unless for some odd reason he ends up at Hardin-Simmons next year! :) I can't believe you brought up the 2000 game. That was one of the best wasn't it, but of course I have to say it should have been Ballinger's!!! lol. I can't wait until Friday night and Wylie better not beat us by a field goal in the last seconds - that would be 2 years in a row! Anyway, should be a doozie!!

bulldogwrx
11-06-2003, 10:58 PM
guys we have to go out and exicute like we have been...the weather cant be a factor or excuse...it will be a good game...lets go dogs 5 district titles in a row

BH