PDA

View Full Version : Spurs in Trouble :(

Phil C
07-07-2006, 08:40 AM
Nazr Mohammed is now a Piston. The Spurs are left without a strong center. This could indeed be troublesome next year. :(

Maroon87
07-07-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Phil C
Nazr Mohammed is now a Piston. The Spurs are left without a strong center. This could indeed be troublesome next year. :(

Hello Lottery Land!:p ;)

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
I didn't know that Nazi WAS a strong center for the Spurs :thinking:

Duncan pretty much plays the 5 spot anyways so you will be ok! :thumbsup:

AggieJohn
07-07-2006, 08:47 AM
if duncan would realize he is a center and not a forward

KTJ
07-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Originally posted by Phil C

I'm no Spurs fan, but Nazr isn't a "strong center."

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 08:54 AM
Detroit's depth chart at the center position goes like this.

1) Antonio McDyess
2) Dale Davis
3) Nazr Mohammed

Really not a big acquisition for Detroit or a big loss for the Spurs.

big daddy russ
07-07-2006, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Detroit's depth chart at the center position goes like this.

1) Antonio McDyess
2) Dale Davis
3) Nazr Mohammed

Really not a big acquisition for Detroit or a big loss for the Spurs.
I wonder if McDyess will ever be an All-Star again?

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I wonder if McDyess will ever be an All-Star again?

Well, next year he'll be playing alot more rather than being a
sixth man. If he can stay healthy I don't see wht not.

DaHop72
07-07-2006, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
I wonder if McDyess will ever be an All-Star again? Not real likely.:D

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by DaHop72
Not real likely.:D

Kinda like Snyder playing football in December next year?:D

Seriously, Only kidding DaHop:D

Macarthur
07-07-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by AggieJohn
if duncan would realize he is a center and not a forward

Yeah, I can't imagine what he is thinking. He's only the best power forward to ever play the game.

DaHop72
07-07-2006, 10:01 AM
Kinda like Snyder playing football in December next year?:D

Seriously, Only kidding DaHop:D Here we go again.:flamingma :flamingma

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 10:14 AM
Here we go again.:flamingma :flamingma

I jus playin' Dahop72... :D

U kno I luv's me some Snyder football..:devil:

DaHop72
07-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I jus playin' Dahop72... :D

U kno I luv's me some Snyder football..:devil: I'm going to start calling you Sweetwater Maize and Gold.:devil: :devil:

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 10:17 AM
I'm going to start calling you Sweetwater Maize and Gold.:devil: :devil:

:D

panther power
07-07-2006, 10:20 AM
I think they could be ok without him...

The Spurs have come to an agreement in principle with Argentinean center Fabrico Oberto, according to his agent, Herb Rudoy.

Oberto, who averaged 14.2 ppg and 7.3 rpg for Parmesa in Spain this season, is widely regarded as one of the top five players in Europe.

He was the team captain of the Argentina team that defeated Team USA at the 2002 World Championships. He dropped 28 points on Yugoslavia's Vlade Divac in the finale of that tournament.

Oberto is a warrior in the paint with polished moves around the post. He's a good scorer, rebounder and defender who has the toughness and aggressiveness to be an excellent role player in the league. He's also a great passer in the post and frequently draws comparisons to Divac on that skill. Don't be surprised if he is the Spurs starting center on opening night

Phil C
07-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by panther power

The Spurs have come to an agreement in principle with Argentinean center Fabrico Oberto, according to his agent, Herb Rudoy.

Oberto, who averaged 14.2 ppg and 7.3 rpg for Parmesa in Spain this season, is widely regarded as one of the top five players in Europe.

He was the team captain of the Argentina team that defeated Team USA at the 2002 World Championships. He dropped 28 points on Yugoslavia's Vlade Divac in the finale of that tournament.

Oberto is a warrior in the paint with polished moves around the post. He's a good scorer, rebounder and defender who has the toughness and aggressiveness to be an excellent role player in the league. He's also a great passer in the post and frequently draws comparisons to Divac on that skill. Don't be surprised if he is the Spurs starting center on opening night

:)

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Yeah, I can't imagine what he is thinking. He's only the best power forward to ever play the game.
No, the only reason he played PF was because the spurs have david robinson. He is a center, if the spurs just have him the ball downlow everytime he would either score and be breathed on and get to the FT line.

eagles_victory
07-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by Macarthur
Yeah, I can't imagine what he is thinking. He's only the best power forward to ever play the game. I wouldnt say he is the best power foward to ever play the game. I think Karl Malone was better and some others i cant think of

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 12:13 PM
PF have to be able to shoot, TD can throw it off the backboard.

big daddy russ
07-07-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I wouldnt say he is the best power foward to ever play the game. I think Karl Malone was better and some others i cant think of
I don't know. Timmy already has more MVP's than Karl. Both in the regular regular season and the Finals. Timmy's closing in on Malone and Pettit. If he's not already there he's getting close.

big daddy russ
07-07-2006, 01:19 PM

He was with them in the playoffs. He's every bit as serviceable as Nazi, but he's already 30. Hopefully, with him playing international ball all those years his body hasn't taken as much of a beating as your average American 30-year old.

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 01:25 PM

Oh Boy Oberto might be better than Nazr or that dude from Minnesota was(Rasho). We'll see.
I am excited about the tandom of Ginobili and Oh Boy Oberto. They played great against all of USA in the Olympics. Gonna make next year interesting. The Spurs have had great success with these international players.:thinking:
*end random thought transmission*