PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France - Stage 6

Phil C
07-07-2006, 08:24 AM
The race for today has started and there are three escapees who are about 4 1/2 minutes ahead of the peloton. They are Geslin, Backstedth and Brard. I expect this to be a sprinters' race again but these men may try to keep ahead and get a win today.

Phil C
07-07-2006, 08:51 AM
The escapees are only 3'25" ahead of the peloton and will probably be caught soon. I look for another group to try to make an escape. We will see. About 75 miles left to go in today's race.

Phil C
07-07-2006, 09:45 AM
They will be finishing soon. The escapees are only 1 1/2 min ahead of the peloton so I am sure they will be caught soon. I am not sure but I would say they are about 25 miles from the finish line. Excitement indeed!

Phil C
07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I was close since it is the escapees that have 25 miles left but the peloton is still 1'15" behind them. I still think they will be caught and we should have a big sprint again to the finish. Hang on to your hats!! Excitement indeed!!

Phil C
07-07-2006, 09:50 AM
I just can't put into words how much I enjoy the Tour de France.

Phil C
07-07-2006, 10:04 AM
There is about 3 miles left and as expected the escapees have been swallowed up by the peloton. Get ready for an exciting finish!

Phil C
07-07-2006, 10:10 AM
Robbie McEwen of Australia wins! An exciting finish indeed! I don't think there were any major crashes today.

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 10:15 AM
Phil...when 50+ riders finish with the exact same time...there is nothing exciting about that!!! The mountain stages are the only ones worth watching because you will get seperation in the standings. Other than that...the race is a joke!

Phil C
07-07-2006, 10:32 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
Phil...when 50+ riders finish with the exact same time...there is nothing exciting about that!!! The mountain stages are the only ones worth watching because you will get seperation in the standings. Other than that...the race is a joke!

The reason for the exact time Ad is because you are talking about seconds and fraction of a second between them and it is not significant in the overall race. You are right in that it is the mountain stages that determine the overall winners but right now it is for the sprinters and let's let them and along with them enjoy their time of glory. Excitement indeed!

Adidas410s
07-07-2006, 10:33 AM
when 50 bikes come through the finish line...there is a 5-10 second difference between the 1st and last guy. That would make a significant difference at the end of the race. Besides...sprinters don't win the Tour...so no need to be too interested just yet! ;)

Phil C
07-07-2006, 10:50 AM
But the sportcasters on OLN do such a great job and make it so interesting. Besides the excitement of the race you get to see the beautiful country and cities. Also they have history of the tour to add to the excitement. Plus Lance Armstrong interviews.