PDA

View Full Version : dead mans chest

DU_stud04
07-07-2006, 04:46 AM
ohh my, this movie is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

definatly lives up to the hype from the first one. very well action packed, and just as funny, if not funnier than the first one. the ending is tricky indeed. i did not want this one to end, even after 2 1/2 hours. dont think it is a long movie, it moves very fast and keeps you entertained throughout the whole time. definatly is a must see. i will be attending tomarrow showing, along with the people i watched it with tonight!

just not enough good words for this movie at all, go on out and watch this one now!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :cheerl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :inlove: :D :)

DU_stud04
07-07-2006, 04:46 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
ohh my, this movie is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

definatly lives up to the hype from the first one. very well action packed, and just as funny, if not funnier than the first one. the ending is tricky indeed. i did not want this one to end, even after 2 1/2 hours. dont think it is a long movie, it moves very fast and keeps you entertained throughout the whole time. definatly is a must see. i will be attending tomarrow showing, along with the people i watched it with tonight!

just not enough good words for this movie at all, go on out and watch this one now!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :cheerl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :inlove: :D :)

I CHANGED MY MIND.... after 2 hours ive noticed sweating, shaking, and sadness with feelings of a deep deep depression. do not go see this movie, wait till the next one is out then watch deadmans chest right before you go see the next one. please fight the urge of thisone for another year.....for your safty.

i think i am going to go into a acoma till a) football season starts...and only on fridays and some saturdays ....b) till spiderman 3 comes out or c) till the trilogy is complete.

that is all.

pirate44
07-07-2006, 05:52 AM
so, should we see it or not? :confused:

DU_stud04
07-07-2006, 05:55 AM
only if you want to be miserable .....trust me, its a good miserable....(go see it!)

Emerson1
07-07-2006, 10:25 AM
All the reviews I have seen have been meh, once I saw earlier said "I think Disney said Pirates made alot of money for the first one so lets just make a 2nd one and throw it out there to make more money. Who cares if its good or not."

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
All the reviews I have seen have been meh, once I saw earlier said "I think Disney said Pirates made alot of money for the first one so lets just make a 2nd one and throw it out there to make more money. Who cares if its good or not."

That's the story with most sequels. If the first one is a block
buster...there is usually a sequel on the way that is never as
good as the first.

CHS_CG
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
I wanna see this movie soo bad.. think i might go this weekend.... if i dont end up having to work:(

LeopardPride
07-07-2006, 11:36 AM
I am going to see it tonight----Our paper here in Texarkana had
a large write up on this movie. One of the things printed was
thay film 2 movies back to back-so in about 8 to 12 months the 3rd one will be released.

Big Papa
07-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Me and some friends are going to go see this tonite....i can't wait...that is of course if we can get tickets

DU_stud04
07-07-2006, 12:59 PM
im going tonight again.:D

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 02:03 PM
We'll go next week. Tired of fighting the big crowds on opening nights.

Emerson1
07-08-2006, 12:39 AM
Not nearly as good as the first one. I stand by what 1 review i saw said, "I think Disney said Pirates made alot of money for the first one so lets just make a 2nd one and throw it out there to make more money. Who cares if its good or not."

football4life
07-08-2006, 12:45 AM
it was pretty good, i think i would have enjoyed it more if i hadn't attended the midnight show and oftened wondered if it was going to end or night, and worried about getting up to go to work in the morning. other than that, i thought it was good, just that this one was more along the lines of crazy weird creatures instead of cursed pirates.

maroonpirate04
07-08-2006, 12:52 AM
Year Of The Pirates!!:D :D :D

RiverRat19
07-08-2006, 12:54 AM
Saw it at a matinee today and this is what I thought:
-Long movie but done well as one thing led quickly to another until the surprise ending... nice twist.
-Lots of funny parts but I found myself (and usually my wife) to be one of the few people laughing. :thinking:
-The effects were amazing! Very realistic but still spectacular. :eek:
-I liked bringing back many of the "other players" from the first movie. Kept a good continuity.
-The third should be really good as well. Things were set up very well.
-At times much darker than I expected but it was a good thing.
-Johnny Depp owns the Captain Jack Sparrow role. Probably his best work next to Edward Scissorhands.

If you liked the first one, you should like this one. It was different in many ways but shared lots of qualities from the first. Will definitely buy this DVD and see the third.

hawkfan
07-08-2006, 02:47 AM
I'll say this when you get out from watching it at 1:15am, it seems like it lasts FOREVER. But after seeing it, I would have to give it 3 stars on my Personal Rating system. For those of you who are not aware of my system, this is how it works.

5 stars- It was freaking phenominal!!!!!!
4 stars- Good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.
3 stars- It was OK
2 stars- Pretty Crappy
1 star- It was God Awful. A total waste of My time and I could very well be dumber after having watched it
(example: Napoloen Dynamite).

SintonFan
07-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
I'll say this when you get out from watching it at 1:15am, it seems like it lasts FOREVER. But after seeing it, I would have to give it 3 stars on my Personal Rating system. For those of you who are not aware of my system, this is how it works.

5 stars- It was freaking phenominal!!!!!!
4 stars- Good, but not as good as I thought it was going to be.
3 stars- It was OK
2 stars- Pretty Crappy
1 star- It was God Awful. A total waste of My time and I could very well be dumber after having watched it
Where's your 4.5 because from 5 to 4 something is missing.:thinking:
BTW, my GrandMa in Law(or is it adopted GrandMa) lives in Athens.:)

piratebg
07-08-2006, 03:07 AM
Isn't it past your bedtime SF.

SintonFan
07-08-2006, 03:18 AM
:( :mad: :p

stangGirl2007
07-08-2006, 03:36 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Isn't it past your bedtime SF.

who goes to sleep at 3:36 AM?? honestly!! haha:D

piratebg
07-08-2006, 03:38 AM
I have no idea. Most people go to bed before then.

stangGirl2007
07-08-2006, 03:39 AM
Yeah I guess...the normal people do.
I guess that makes us WEIRD computer downlow nerds or something !:nerd:

piratebg
07-08-2006, 03:41 AM
I can accept being called weird and being called a nerd.........I can't even put a freakin avatar on my profile.

stangGirl2007
07-08-2006, 03:41 AM
awww

piratebg
07-08-2006, 03:44 AM
Oh, and so they can't say I got off topic, I really want to see this movie.

DU_stud04
07-08-2006, 03:48 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
Oh, and so they can't say I got off topic, I really want to see this movie.

i want to see this one again.......haha

stangGirl2007
07-08-2006, 03:50 AM
Why can't we ever stay on topic in threads, lol:)

hawkfan
07-08-2006, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Where's your 4.5 because from 5 to 4 something is missing.:thinking:
BTW, my GrandMa in Law(or is it adopted GrandMa) lives in Athens.:)

I used to , But I thought 6 stars is a little to much. I plan to reevaluate though.

luvhoops34
07-08-2006, 11:14 AM
My daughter is at the theater seeing Dead Man's Chest right now! I loved Pirates of the Carribbean. Johnny Depp is my favorite actor and this is the best character he's done since Edward Scissorhands.

Sweetwater Red
07-08-2006, 11:14 AM

I agree. Everyone up here at work was talking about it. So, I
figured I had to rent it. I kept watching it waiting for it to get
better and it never did. That was the only movie I have ever
watched that literally caused me to endure physical pain to get
through it. :(

Txbroadcaster
07-08-2006, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

I agree. Everyone up here at work was talking about it. So, I
figured I had to rent it. I kept watching it waiting for it to get
better and it never did. That was the only movie I have ever
watched that literally caused me to endure physical pain to get
through it. :(

Dynamite is a movie that not everyone will enjoy. It has a different style humor than other movies. It is also a movie that when I saw it first I was like..uhh ok not that big of a deal..But then I saw it a few more times, and now I think it is funny as heck. You start to notice small things about it that are greatness

smustangs
07-08-2006, 09:40 PM
just got back from going to see it and it has been sold out since they opened this morning

pirate4state
07-08-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Txbroadcaster
Dynamite is a movie that not everyone will enjoy. It has a different style humor than other movies. It is also a movie that when I saw it first I was like..uhh ok not that big of a deal..But then I saw it a few more times, and now I think it is funny as heck. You start to notice small things about it that are greatness :clap: I totally agree!! The first time I watched it I was very disappointed, but I gave it another shot and now it is one of my favorites! :thumbsup:

Sweetwater Red
07-08-2006, 09:50 PM
Ya'll are just trying to trick me into watching it again. I ain't
falling for it. :D

stangGirl2007
07-08-2006, 09:51 PM
haha I need to go watch that movie!!:)

pirate4state
07-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Ya'll are just trying to trick me into watching it again. I ain't
falling for it. :D awwww, c'mon...i'll build you a cake or something! ;) :D