PDA

View Full Version : swimming lessons

pirate44
07-06-2006, 04:09 PM
what is the earliest that kids are able to take swimming lessons? ive heard of some pretty young ones learning. id love to get my son swimming lessons this summer, but he doesnt turn 3 till october and i dont know if thats too young.

pirate4state
07-06-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
what is the earliest that kids are able to take swimming lessons? ive heard of some pretty young ones learning. id love to get my son swimming lessons this summer, but he doesnt turn 3 till october and i dont know if thats too young. I think he should be okay. Check with the Odem pool.

Ranger Mom
07-06-2006, 04:19 PM
what is the earliest that kids are able to take swimming lessons? ive heard of some pretty young ones learning. id love to get my son swimming lessons this summer, but he doesnt turn 3 till october and i dont know if thats too young.

I had all 3 of mine swimming by the age of 3...so I know it's not too young.

Finding someone that teaches that age group is another matter.

injuredinmelee
07-06-2006, 04:20 PM
just do like i did my kids. Throw em in the deep end and say come to daddy...

CalallenWildcat
07-06-2006, 04:21 PM
That's a good age to start. Check with the Odem pool or the Aquatic Center in Portland. http://www.portlandtx.com/PortlandAquaticCenter.cfm

If you happen to be a member of an athletic club or a country club, check with them as well, but if you're not a member, usually they are higher than everyone else.

pirate44
07-06-2006, 04:34 PM
thanks. the website on the portland pool had a category for him. it sounds great. im gonna try to set it up. the only problem is getting home after work and then getting there on time. thanks again

AP Panther Fan
07-06-2006, 04:47 PM
I was reading that the Aransas Pass Aquatic Center has lessons it just doesn't give the specifics.

AP Aquatics Center (http://www.aransaspasstx.gov/aquatic-center.php)

I don't know why they don't have any pictures of our facility on there. It has three pools, two diving boards, two huge slides yadda yadda yadda.....if it sounds like I am bragging....I am.;) :D

Unfortunately, Portland is closer for you!:(

GetRDoneStangs
07-06-2006, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

LOL !!

I bet you say that to the ladies now!!!!:D :D :D :D :D

pirate44
07-06-2006, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by AP Panther Fan
I was reading that the Aransas Pass Aquatic Center has lessons it just doesn't give the specifics.

AP Aquatics Center (http://www.aransaspasstx.gov/aquatic-center.php)

I don't know why they don't have any pictures of our facility on there. It has three pools, two diving boards, two huge slides yadda yadda yadda.....if it sounds like I am bragging....I am.;) :D

Unfortunately, Portland is closer for you!:(
ive seen the pool. i am so jealous sinton doesnt have something like that. we have been to that park nearby too. its a great facility.

SINTON65
07-06-2006, 11:35 PM
While we're on the subject of local (aka Sinton area) pools, does anyone know anything about the new Taft pool? I have heard there was one built but don't know where exactly it is located. Also, if anyone knows, is it similar to the Odem pool or to Aransas Pass?

stangGirl2007
07-07-2006, 12:45 AM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee

haha that's a nice idea!:)

CalallenWildcat
07-07-2006, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by SINTON65
While we're on the subject of local (aka Sinton area) pools, does anyone know anything about the new Taft pool? I have heard there was one built but don't know where exactly it is located. Also, if anyone knows, is it similar to the Odem pool or to Aransas Pass?

Never been out there, but I've heard some people refer to it as the "Taft Waterpark" so I think it's comparable to Aransas Pass. Don't know where it's located though.

pirate44
07-07-2006, 02:45 PM
the wife has ben calling around and found a good sounding program in Odem. It cost $40 opposed to the $32 in Portland. they both sound great, but i mleading toward Odem since it is closer and with me working in Corpus Christi till 5:00, its seems less of a rush. plus, i think the classes last a few days longer.

as for the Sinton pool, those classes are over.
Taft swimming lessons are run by the school district and kind of a hassle to find out any info.

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 03:04 PM
The water is yellow at the Odem pool... and not from the shock treatment they use.

pirate44
07-07-2006, 03:06 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
The water is yellow at the Odem pool... and not from the shock treatment they use.
thanks SF. i really didnt need to know that. im sure they use chlorine (i hope)

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 03:08 PM
thanks SF. i really didnt need to know that. im sure they use chlorine (i hope)
Sorry FoFo... I just thought of those dang monkeys. p4s is ruthless with her smilies. She really doesn't realize how far-reaching her influence is.:(

pirate4state
07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
The water is yellow at the Odem pool... and not from the shock treatment they use. I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday! :(

pirate44
07-07-2006, 03:23 PM
Sorry FoFo... I just thought of those dang monkeys. p4s is ruthless with her smilies. She really doesn't realize how far-reaching her influence is.:(
:D they really need to get that purlple dye stuff ;)

SintonFan
07-07-2006, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
I didn't notice anything wrong with it yesterday! :(
lol
I was just havin some fun...:)

pirate44
07-16-2006, 08:12 PM
well, we signed jr. up for lessons starting this tuesday. we went ahead and went to the Odem pool. it was a little more expensive than portland, but since its closer to sinton, itll give me a few more minutes to get home from work and take him to lessons. it looks like a really nice pool. i wish Sinton would pony up the tax dollars to make a public pool in town. something really nice with the slides and waterfalls and such. something centrally located for the kids who cant get a ride all the way out to the Welder Park. something maybe near my house ;)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-16-2006, 09:07 PM
I'm 18, and I really can't swim worth a crap. I place the blame squarely on rockdale80 and my other brother for making me hate the water at a young age.