PDA

View Full Version : Cuero-Gilmer

CalallenWildcat
07-06-2006, 01:20 PM
Forgive me for not being informed...but what are the chances of these two being in the same division in playoffs? That would be an awesome state championship game...Provided we aren't playing on the same day, I'd definetely make a trip to see it. Kinne vs. Noack...what an exciting matchup that would be.

44INAROW
07-06-2006, 01:29 PM
CW (can I call you CW)? :) It all depends on our buddies, the Apaches from Gonzales - If the Apaches take care of business and make the playoffs, they will be the "big school" representative of the District and Gilmer will be the "big school" of their district. Lots of ball to be played between Sept 1st and Dec 14th (or whatever the date is) - One week at a time and it can't get here soon enough for me.

CalallenWildcat
07-06-2006, 01:38 PM
You can call me CW all you want :)

I'll be pulling for y'all (as I do every year). Just take care of business every week and we'll see if y'all land against Gilmer.

Manck
07-06-2006, 04:25 PM
All I know is it scares the hell out of me that L-E is Gilmer's first round opponent.

L-E has always had one of the most underrated programs in East Texas, and usually make a deep run in the playoffs. I always underrated them when I lived there, and then they went off and won a state championship one year, or at least went to the finals (can't remember which).

I want all of the Gilmer hype to die down. Let's go to the good ole days where we finished one spot out of the playoffs every year....:thinking:

CalallenWildcat
07-06-2006, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Manck
I want all of the Gilmer hype to die down. Let's go to the good ole days where we finished one spot out of the playoffs every year....:thinking:

Sorry, one of the best QBs in the state of TX just moved in. There's gonna be Gilmer hype.

Blastoderm55
07-06-2006, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Manck
I always underrated them when I lived there, and then they went off and won a state championship one year, or at least went to the finals (can't remember which).

That would be in 99 when they obliterated Mathis. Good grief, even their band was scary that year. :eek:

Manck
07-06-2006, 04:29 PM
Originally posted by CalallenWildcat
Sorry, one of the best QBs in the state of TX just moved in. There's gonna be Gilmer hype.
Best part is, even though I live out of state, I get all the gossip since my mom works at the school...
Hell, I probably know more about the last two year's teams than I did when I went there, and I had a bunch of friends on the team!

Cameron Crazy
07-06-2006, 04:44 PM
I think Noack is a better qb than GJ but it will all boil down to this season...GO GOBBLERSSS

tigerpride_08
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM
if LE and Gilmer meet up in bi-district imma call the upset and pick LE