PDA

View Full Version : Unreasonable Customers

Adidas410s
07-06-2006, 10:28 AM
I saw this posted on a message board…it’s making fun of people who think that cell phone companies are being unreasonable! It sure made me laugh though…

I’ve shopped at the same grocery store for 12 years, last week i went to the cash with a cart full of hams. They rang everything thru and they expected me to pay $320!!! ,

That’s unacceptable, I pay over 200$ a month here.

The cash lady didn’t seem like she wanted to help me at all. i promptly asked to speak with her manager, the manager came up said his name was bill and that he wanted to help me ,

I said me not paying 320 bucks for this cart of hams is what you can help me with ,

He said he couldn’t,

I said you can’t treat customers this way there’s a store across the street who sells the hams half price i saw it in a flyer.

I asked for the number to the corporate office, I called the corporate office, after being disconnected numerous times, had been transferred here and there. Finally got someone on the line who said they could help me and could call me back in 3 days, well guess what!!! No callback, at this point in furious. I called back I explained the situation, and get this! He told me I was being unreasonable!!!

I’m not unreasonable I want a free cart of hams, that or I wont shop there anymore...I’m out of contract.

Emerson1
07-06-2006, 10:49 AM
What site was this on?

CHS_CG
07-06-2006, 12:44 PM
Ok thats a little weird!

Adidas410s
07-06-2006, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
Ok thats a little weird!

think about it though...people make those exact same demands when it comes to buying a cell phone and can't believe that the companies won't just give it to them! ;)

JasperDog94
07-06-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
think about it though...people make those exact same demands when it comes to buying a cell phone and can't believe that the companies won't just give it to them! ;) The only problem though is that most grocery stores honor other store's sale prices.:doh:

Adidas410s
07-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
The only problem though is that most grocery stores honor other store's sale prices.:doh:

How many grocery stores will give you your cart of items for free? :thumbsup:

JasperDog94
07-06-2006, 01:15 PM
I said you can’t treat customers this way there’s a store across the street who sells the hams half price i saw it in a flyer. This is what I was talking about. Maybe I misunderstood the article.

Adidas410s
07-06-2006, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
This is what I was talking about. Maybe I misunderstood the article.

Yeah I got that part of it. I was just pointing out the end result of the story where the person says "well I want all of it for free because I have been shopping here for years!"

BTW...this is just a fictional, made up story. To my knowledge nobody has actually done this...

Phantom Stang
07-06-2006, 02:40 PM
How many grocery stores will give you your cart of items for free? :thumbsup:
Stores give away hams and turkeys every year, in appreciation of large grocery purchases during the holiday season.

District303aPastPlayer
07-07-2006, 03:52 AM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Stores give away hams and turkeys every year, in appreciation of large grocery purchases during the holiday season.

HEB, when you buy a spiral sliced full size ham, will give you a 10-12 lbs turkey for free... during christmas... as a gift to their partners (employees), we are given a free turkey of our choice to use between the 2 weeks before thanksgiving and new years...