PDA

View Full Version : Dumbing Down America

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-05-2006, 08:46 PM
I was looking at the Yahoo! homepage, and I saw an interesting article about changing the spelling of words to make them the way they sound. I personally think the idea is ridiculous, but I wanted to know what you all think. Here is the link:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060705/ap_on_re_us/simpl_wurdz

slpybear the bullfan
07-05-2006, 08:55 PM
I 100% agree with you BBDE.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Originally posted by BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
I was looking at the Yahoo! homepage, and I saw an interesting article about changing the spelling of words to make them the way they sound. I personally think the idea is ridiculous, but I wanted to know what you all think. Here is the link:

I say if you want to spell stupid then do it on your own time while texting your posse. Otherwise, educate yourself and learn to follow the herd. MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-05-2006, 09:01 PM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan
I 100% agree with you BBDE.
It's typical of America, trying to make things as easy as possible so they can be done with the least amount of effort. I think that this extends into other problems within our culture. Look at how many Americans are considered obese. We are getting lazy as a nation, and this is just another way that this is shining through. Not only is America going to be full of obese citizens, but dumb ones as well.

pirate44
07-05-2006, 09:07 PM
are yall being sarcastic? this all startedfrom a funny hoax email. i got it a couple months ago. im pretty sure its all a big joke

Ranger Mom
07-05-2006, 09:09 PM
I thought I had read this before

RIGHT HERE (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46593&highlight=ebonics)

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
Well, sorry for the repeat thread, I just saw it though.

eagles_victory
07-05-2006, 09:13 PM
Well, sorry for the repeat thread, I just saw it though. :D :clap: :rolleyes: :hand:

Emerson1
07-05-2006, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
are yall being sarcastic? this all startedfrom a funny hoax email. i got it a couple months ago. im pretty sure its all a big joke
I think the people who are trying to get it changed are for real.

and the email wasn't a 'hoax'. It is fact that the brain can descramble words like it said. A hoax would be like people beleiving we have actually been to the moon or that tupac is really dead.

sww-bull52
07-05-2006, 09:23 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Haunta Yo
07-05-2006, 09:28 PM
I tihnk tihs eitnre ieda is a watse of tmie. Everobydy konws taht siellpng is esseitnal for communicaiton. The writetn wrod is man's gaertest invenoitn. Can you imaigne all of the pmoblers taht wuold be casued if everynoe jsut wtore wodrs the way tehy sodnued?

Did you gyus raelly thnik I was giong to go wihtout comemnting on tihs?
:D :D :D

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo
I tihnk tihs eitnre ieda is a watse of tmie. Everobydy konws taht siellpng is esseitnal for communicaiton. The writetn wrod is man's gaertest invenoitn. Can you imaigne all of the pmoblers taht wuold be casued if everynoe jsut wtore wodrs the way tehy sodnued?

go back in your hole :)

Fal44
07-06-2006, 01:46 AM
lol

DU_stud04
07-06-2006, 02:25 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
go back in your hole :)

:clap: :clap: :clap:

injuredinmelee
07-06-2006, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by Haunta Yo

thats the way i type.

pirate44
07-06-2006, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think the people who are trying to get it changed are for real.

and the email wasn't a 'hoax'. It is fact that the brain can descramble words like it said. A hoax would be like people beleiving we have actually been to the moon or that tupac is really dead.
ive recieved that email, but the one i was refering to was a different one having to do with this subject. i thought maybe a news source actually took that thing seriously and printed the story. but then again, im becoming less and less suprised at peoples stupidity these days

KindaCool
07-06-2006, 07:45 AM
spelling out words the way they sound is just an excuse to give dumb kids so they can have 'self confidence' or some crap like that

if you don't know how to spell, then open a book and LEARN - its not that freakin hard, we've been doing it for hundreds of years

olddog73
07-06-2006, 05:00 PM

Watt U taaking abat? (As changed in Massachewshets):D