PDA

View Full Version : Big Sexy, AKA Diesel, AKA Rickadamus, AKA Injuredinmelee

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 07:32 PM
Hey Big Fella, I bought a Cleveland Launcher 460 off of 3BallsGolf.com that was listed as being in "Like New" condition for $139.50 shipping included. It is the original 460 with a Grafalloy Blue shaft. It came in today but instead of being "Like New" it IS new. Pulled the factory grip wrap, head wrap, and face sticker off personally. What I want to know is did I make a good deal? I know that I am happy with it, even happier when it came in brand spanking new. I've salivated over this driver for 2 years now and it's finally mine. I just want your professional opinion.

injuredinmelee
07-05-2006, 07:50 PM
You should feel like a criminal because you stole that club. A great driver and at a heck of a deal. I wish I still had one but when i signed on with srixon i gave em up and then when i signed with taylormade i had to give up the srixon driver and fairway woods. where you play at the most? I played at River Creek about two years ago with Clubb and Pickens and couldnt believe how the course had matured since 1990 which was probably the last time i was there before that. i still want to play the course that was remodeled out by the old kmart again. I am supposed to paly in a tourney at WFCC later this month but not solidly committed yet.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 08:05 PM
I thought it was a steal in "Like New" condition. These babies are still drawing $200 - $250 on E-Bay used. Yes, River Creek in Burkburnett is my most frequent stop. The other course you made mention of is my #2 choice. It's in much better condition physically than previously but the layout is worse. They have recently completed a continuous cart path so no more off-roading neccessary. They still have problems getting grass to grow in certain areas, not sure as to why. They water the crap out of that place since they have access to the irrigation ditch that runs along it's southern border. Greens are OK but usually really soft and grass cut a little tall for slower, bumpier putts. Rumors have been rolling around the Weeks Park is soon to be shut down for major reconditioning and isn't due to re-open until next year's T-O. That would be a good thing. That place has been run down to the extreme since the City of Wichita Falls took over day to day operations instead of leasing it out to the private sector. Hear the CC is in phenominal shape again this year. I wouldn't know, too poor to have ever played there. My personal area favorites in order are: Turtle Hill in Muenster ( I heard they lost their greens this year :( ), Runaway Bay in Bridgeport, and River Creek in Burkburnett. River Creek has really gotten tremendously better in the past 2 years when the lease turned over to the new pro. Part of his lease agreement was that the City of Burkburnett put in a much larger irrigation line that has expanded the course's ability to get water on the fairways.

injuredinmelee
07-05-2006, 08:21 PM
are they using iffluent water up there? Every course around here is hooked into the line and uses the treated water from the city to water the courses. Weeks Park was an embarrassment the last time i was there but i was biased against them when i found out they didnt comp my round. Even their own employees didnt get to play free. the pro at the time said they couldnt keep people hired because of that policy. They could play everywhere else in town free but their own course.

We have the AJGA in town this week and a girl from CA shot a 67. That tied the course record for ladies. A girl from Snyder shot a 71 Alexander I think her name is. Played really well the both of them. There is a kid out here this week that hits a draw about 340. He is alot fo fun to watch at 17 and able to pound the rock like that. Our finishing hole is around 500 yards from the tees they are playing and with the south wind blowing it might as well be 900 yds but he hit driver , 7 iron yesterday to within 3 feet for the eagle.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 08:29 PM
effluent is used everywhere but La Vista/Hawk Ridge. The one by the old K-mart.

bobcat1
07-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Do you mean to tell me you are from around my home town of Wichita Falls? I have played at each of those courses. Runaway Bay is in great shape. I played La Vista/Hawk Ridge about a month ago and was surprised. I remember back in the day you didn't hit a good ball out there because the ground would tear it up.

DaHop72
07-05-2006, 09:39 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
are they using iffluent water up there? Every course around here is hooked into the line and uses the treated water from the city to water the courses. Weeks Park was an embarrassment the last time i was there but i was biased against them when i found out they didnt comp my round. Even their own employees didnt get to play free. the pro at the time said they couldnt keep people hired because of that policy. They could play everywhere else in town free but their own course.

We have the AJGA in town this week and a girl from CA shot a 67. That tied the course record for ladies. A girl from Snyder shot a 71 Alexander I think her name is. Played really well the both of them. There is a kid out here this week that hits a draw about 340. He is alot fo fun to watch at 17 and able to pound the rock like that. Our finishing hole is around 500 yards from the tees they are playing and with the south wind blowing it might as well be 900 yds but he hit driver , 7 iron yesterday to within 3 feet for the eagle. Yep injured that's her name. Unfortunately her dad who was the assistant golf coach is taking a job in the metro-mess so we will be losing her.:weeping: :weeping:

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by bobcat1
I remember back in the day you didn't hit a good ball out there because the ground would tear it up.

Isn't that the truth. We affectionately call it "The Rock." Yes I am from the greater Wichita Falls area and Injured grew up in the area as well. We go back probably 20 years and I'm only 29.

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
With all the talk about The Club at Runaway Bay's golf course today I think Slypy needs to put together a meet and greet and we all go knock the pill around and toss back a few adult beverages.

bobcat1
07-05-2006, 09:43 PM
I lived there 32 years. Played a lot of golf up there growing up. Lot of friends still there. I like Turtle Hill also. Runaway Bay is where I play regular though. I love it and it is cheap to play now. See ya!

DaHop72
07-05-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
With all the talk about The Club at Runaway Bay's golf course today I think Slypy needs to put together a meet and greet and we all go knock the pill around and toss back a few adult beverages. I'm all for the pill, but I'll have to be the DD.:D

GreenMonster
07-05-2006, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
I'm all for the pill, but I'll have to be the DD.:D

I'm ridin with Hop!

bobcat1
07-05-2006, 09:48 PM
Heck i'm probably too old for you young 29 year olds. I can barely hit it 325 anymore. Trick is finding it. LOL

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:07 AM
golf sounds good...

injuredinmelee
07-06-2006, 03:34 AM
id tear a muscle trying to hit it 325. I am in the midst of a mental block with my golf game.

DU_stud04
07-06-2006, 03:35 AM
golf..... think i might try a round this weekend, its been too long since my last round

bobcat1
07-06-2006, 04:59 AM
What's a muscle anymore? I don't workout anymore, well except 16 oz. curls. :p