07-05-2006, 09:01 AM
...just heard on CNN.:eek:

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 09:02 AM
For real? Suicide or natural causes?

CalallenWildcat
07-05-2006, 09:04 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/

At the top it says BREAKING NEWS: CNBC: Ex-Enron chief Kenneth Lay dead of heart attack.

Adidas410s
07-05-2006, 09:04 AM
crazy stuff indeed...no articles online about it yet!

Maroon87
07-05-2006, 09:07 AM
Apparently he was in Aspen, CO. when it happened.

CalallenWildcat
07-05-2006, 09:09 AM
http://www.cnn.com/

At the top it says BREAKING NEWS: Enron founder Ken Lay has died in Aspen, Colorado, a spokesman for Lay's family said today. Lay was awaiting sentencing after being found guilty of conspiracy and fraud.

Phantom Stang
07-05-2006, 09:13 AM
Enron founder Ken Lay dies
64-year-old former energy executive dead.
July 5 2006: 10:06 AM EDT

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- Enron founder Kenneth Lay died early Wednesday in Aspen, a family spokeswoman said. He was 64.

In a statement, spokeswoman Kelly Kimberly said, "The Lays have a very large family with whom they need to communicate, and out of respect for the family we will release further details at a later time."

In May, Lay was found guilty of nine counts of fraud and conspiracy related to the collapse of Enron, the company he founded that grew into the seventh largest company before it imploded after an accounting scandal.

hawkfan
07-05-2006, 09:21 AM
Somebody explain something to me. If he was convicted, why was he not in Jail while awaiting sentencing?

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Somebody explain something to me. If he was convicted, why was he not in Jail while awaiting sentencing?
He made bail.

KTJ
07-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Anyone else get a "he's possibly faking his own death" vibe out of this?

Adidas410s
07-05-2006, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by KTJ

no...of course not!

http://images.usatoday.com/life/_photos/2005/09/28/inside1-tupac.jpg

pirate44
07-05-2006, 09:42 AM
i thought it was a joke the first i heard it this morning on the Glenn Beck show

lostaussie
07-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
Anyone else get a "he's possibly faking his own death" vibe out of this? just like Elvis:D

Macarthur
07-05-2006, 09:57 AM

$

Gp83
07-05-2006, 10:00 AM

Looks like all in all, he got the death penalty.:thinking:

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2006, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Gp83
:doh: :doh:

Ranger Mom
07-05-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Gp83

Is it bad that I kinda laughed about that??:confused: :confused:

LH Panther Mom
07-05-2006, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Is it bad that I kinda laughed about that??:confused: :confused:
Not at all. What's bad is what someone in my house said when I read the email about it.

lepfan
07-05-2006, 11:23 AM
I personally think he got the easy way out....he needed to suffer in prison. He was facing 'possibly decades' in prison. I bet all those "regular Joes" he screwed out of their life savings are all giving high fives.

CalallenWildcat
07-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by lepfan
I personally think he got the easy way out....he needed to suffer in prison. He was facing 'possibly decades' in prison. I bet all those "regular Joes" he screwed out of their life savings are all giving high fives.

http://www.5atexasfootball.com/forum/vB/showthread.php?t=8418

Go down to CyFallsMom's post...you know what I'll just post it here

Originally posted by CyFallsMom on 5ATexasFootball.com
This is going to sound terrible, but when I heard about it, my first thought was suicide. As much as that guy caused us Enronites grief, I still feel bad. I knew him once as a very kind man who went out of his way to make us feel like we were a big part of Enron...no matter what level you were. I have a picture of him and I holding my songbook (we were singing White Christmas at a party and I was in the Enron choir) and he was so nice to me that day. Yes, I know he was a crook (I'm sure he didn't aim to become a crook) and I know he was a convicted felon but I can't help but picture the Ken Lay that I knew personally.

Now, Skilling - well, too bad it wasn't him that died - he is a total jerk and I sold stock options when he was telling everyone not to because I just didn't trust the man...good call on my part because my friends (who thought I was a fool for selling at 75) lost everything.

All things being said, RIP Ken Lay.

Gobbler Fan
07-05-2006, 11:44 AM
I think BUBBA mailed him his picture with the Caption *Cant wait till we meet*

:D Waiting for the lightning to strike me down

CalallenWildcat
07-05-2006, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by KTJ

Guess what I just found posted on another message board?

http://kenlaylives.blogspot.com/