PDA

View Full Version : Aggies, Please bring back RC Slocum!!

pakrat
11-28-2003, 07:11 PM
And please, please, please recruit, recruit, recruit!

CTownHardHitter07
11-28-2003, 07:37 PM
WOO HOO....Way TO GO TEXAS....A&M GREAT SEASON 4-8..HAHAHAHA....THAT SUCKS

HOOK EM HORNS
YALL JUST COULDNT STOP CEDRIC BENSON .....281 YARDS...(Quietly THe BEST RUNNING BACK)
HOOK EM

Bulldog92
11-28-2003, 07:58 PM
pakrat:
And please, please, please recruit, recruit, recruit!Slocum wouldn't have done anything more than Coach Fran did. A&M is not going to outrecruit UT for at least a year or two and it's not fair to come down on Coach Fran's recruiting because most of his recruits never played. Give him time.

bulldogvet85
11-28-2003, 09:21 PM
pakrat:
And please, please, please recruit, recruit, recruit!I'd have to say if slocum was there the score might have been a litle worse

3-ARoy
11-28-2003, 09:27 PM
Coach Fran is just playing with young players who he didn't recruit. Once his system gets settled in, and the players get some more experience, they WILL be tough.

JasperDog94
11-28-2003, 09:32 PM
3-ARoy:
Coach Fran is just playing with young players who he didn't recruit. Once his system gets settled in, and the players get some more experience, they WILL be tough.They were tough the first half. It was the int. in the endzone that turned the game in Texas favor. (for good)

3-ARoy
11-28-2003, 09:35 PM
I knew that if they didn't have that TD, the Aggies were not going to pull off the upset.

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 08:35 PM: Message edited by: 3-ARoy ]</small>

JasperDog94
11-28-2003, 09:38 PM
This should be proof enough that Texas needs to keep Mack Brown. 5 seasons in a row with 9 wins. I don't care who you are, that's impressive. eek!

3-ARoy
11-28-2003, 09:43 PM
Yeah... Mack Brown has done a good job. Part of being a good college coach is being able to recruit, and Brown is as good as anyone in that part of the game. Better luck to the Aggies next year.
There is no reason to lose hope in Franchione after one cloudy season.

<small>[ November 28, 2003, 08:45 PM: Message edited by: 3-ARoy ]</small>

bevo
11-29-2003, 12:11 AM
71-34-5...and still counting!!! :D

A lot of mental mistakes hurt a young A&M team today. I could have been a lot closer ball game than what the score reflected...It could have also been a lot worse. I believe that Mac Brown's respect in the game was not to run up the score. Say that of Stoops (57-37-5 and still counting too) :D ...But let Stoops have his day, because there will be a day of reconning where ever he coaches... :p

Hold your head up pakrat...It can't get no worse :D

Phil C
12-01-2003, 09:15 AM
I agree that it would be a mistake for Texas to not keep Mac Brown. He has a great record. This year Arkanasas surprised everyone and no one has come close to Oklahoma. Also the other sports programs have Texas have been fantastic since Brown has been there. I guarantee if Texas fired him today he would have a job offer by tomorrow. Hopefully Texas will offer him a long term contract though.

dawg03
12-01-2003, 09:28 AM
The game was alot closer at some points than we all thought it would be. Coach Fran is a Good Coach he just needs time.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 10:27 AM
The '03 Aggie recruit class was the TOP recruit class in the country. Not sure how much more recruiting can be done. This season hasn't helped for '04. I don't know what the answer is for A&M; Slocum wasn't doing it, but I'm not sure Fran is going to, either. Too bad a former Aggie can't come in and take over the helm. Just a suggestion. I know this was a painful year for Aggie fans who had such high hopes.

Murphy Lee
12-01-2003, 11:27 AM
Fran is going to do it, but he's not a miracle worker. A&M didn't have the athletes this year to compete, and some of the ones they did have were young. Last year's recruiting class was good, but in the few years prior, RC did a horrible job of recruiting, and Fran, as well as the fans, suffered this year for it. There were several key injuries before and early in the season that also hurt, because there weren't any quality backups to put in, hence, the poor recruiting. A&M was out-athleted in most of their games, especially on defense and on the offensive line.

Give Fran time to recruit his guys for his system before you judge him. Look what he did at TCU. He turned that program around, which is probably the only reason they had the success they did this year. If he can do it there, why not at A&M, a school with lots of tradition, the biggest stadium in Texas, great fans, and a brand new, top of the line field house. I don't care what you say, facilities play a huge role in recruiting, and that new fieldhouse should attract some. Plus, there's a good chance you'll get to play early at A&M!!!

repeat2002
12-01-2003, 12:16 PM
I am a little miffed as to how the Aggies got in the shape they have gotten themselves in to. I can't really recall a class in the last 10 years that has not been one of the top recruiting classes not only in this area but sometimes in the country. How did they get so small and slow defensively. Its awefully hard to defend teams with 5.0 defensive linemen, small and slow linebackers, and short secondary players. Where did all of their recruits go? I'm very much for the Ags and getting it turned around and I will agree with the statement that theyhave some good looking athletes walking the sidelines as red-shirts this year.
Stick with C Fran, he'll get it turned around and probably sooner they you think.

BrahmaMom
12-01-2003, 12:30 PM
A&M turned away at least one quick big linebacker for the '03 class, and they picked up guys who either weren't academically qualified or won't earn a degree because these guys were rated. I hope Fran turns that around, I'm not familiar with his preferences. I think Gary Patterson at TCU should get the credit for TCU's season this year, they may have been some of Fran's recruits, but Patterson had to develop them and keep 'em in school. He has turned out to be an excellent coach and has developed a tradition for football there. All the great facilities in the world don't do that for a team. Yeah, it draws recruits, but does it draw the right kind? Just a question. The recruiting season is almost over, it is gonna be a tough one for the Aggies.

3ahunter2k4
12-01-2003, 12:32 PM
man if only we hadn't lost to arkansas

Murphy Lee
12-01-2003, 12:50 PM
In 2002, A&M's recruiting class was 23rd in the nation. I couldn't find the previous years, but they were about the same. Not too great when you're playing the toughest schedule in the nation. Those classes were also headlined by one or two great players, but not much depth.

Murphy Lee
12-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Fran turned TCU's program around, started winning there and started bringing in some good players. Patterson has just continued what Fran started.

I'm not sure what you mean about the type of recruits the facilities bring in. I think any recruit wants the best for himself. Why do you think they all go on visits.

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 12:56 PM
Murphy Lee:
Why do you think they all go on visits.I thought it was for the free peanuts on the airplane... :D

AggieJohn
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
let fran get his recruits in..he's working with r.c.'s and trying to use them..which he did a good job at....frans recruits are all red-shirted this year..which is scary because that means that next season he's going to have a twice as tough recruiting class...plus the kids that played this year are young still....fresh and soph's...i think we've seen the last of powerhouse texas university recruiting for awhile...i think they got lucky with shipley..but i think recruits are going to start thinking it out....they don't want to sip tea!

AggieJohn
12-01-2003, 12:59 PM
pakrat:
And please, please, please recruit, recruit, recruit!sit down bus driver....

sahen
12-01-2003, 01:12 PM
um.....i think baylor is gonna start mixing it up in the recruiting arena and maybe take a couple UT/A&M recruits too...Moriss (the new Baylor coach) is a proven recruiter and local texas boy...he has a lotta ties....maybe he wont get the boys that UT/A&M really want but hey there is tons of guys that seem to slip out to OU and OSU every year and other states taht we could keep here....and lots of times (proven by OU's constant success over UT) those guys are better...watch Baylor's recruiting im just saying Moriss turned Kentucky into a contender in 2 years in teh SEC and w/ the way Baylor played MOST of this year it looks as if he could be doing the same here...maybe one day Baylor could be the better of the Texas teams....long shot but it could happen and has happened before....

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 02:03 PM
explayer2001:
let fran get his recruits in..he's working with r.c.'s and trying to use them..which he did a good job at....frans recruits are all red-shirted this year..which is scary because that means that next season he's going to have a twice as tough recruiting class...plus the kids that played this year are young still....fresh and soph's...i think we've seen the last of powerhouse texas university recruiting for awhile...i think they got lucky with shipley..but i think recruits are going to start thinking it out....they don't want to sip tea!You do realize how ignorant this makes you sound right? :rolleyes:

weatherag07
12-01-2003, 02:59 PM
It takes time...Fran isn't a magician. It'll take a while to rebuild the team. Just hopefully not too long!

J-town Hustler
12-01-2003, 05:10 PM
That doesn't sound ignorant at all. It takes time to build a new team based on a new system of play. Of all people to know this, it would be those who followed the Texas coach, Coach Brown. They weren't spectacular at first, but he had time to build his team up. That is what Coach Fran will have to do. Get the people recruited that best fits his system of play, and then build the team up. It's one of those things that takes a little time to happen. In a year or two, Texas A&M will have built the team up. After all, Coach Fran has a history of starting out the first season not so great, but building it to become quite strong. Also, the fact that he red-shirted 18 of his 22 or so freshmen. Even some of the Texas fans that I know, agree with me that this is a building process, and in the future, A&M will become better.

AggieJohn
12-01-2003, 05:12 PM
JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
let fran get his recruits in..he's working with r.c.'s and trying to use them..which he did a good job at....frans recruits are all red-shirted this year..which is scary because that means that next season he's going to have a twice as tough recruiting class...plus the kids that played this year are young still....fresh and soph's...i think we've seen the last of powerhouse texas university recruiting for awhile...i think they got lucky with shipley..but i think recruits are going to start thinking it out....they don't want to sip tea!You do realize how ignorant this makes you sound right? :rolleyes: No, i think it shows how logical i think, thanks and gig'em....

AggieJohn
12-01-2003, 05:14 PM
weatherag07:
It takes time...Fran isn't a magician. It'll take a while to rebuild the team. Just hopefully not too long!i'm going to say 2 years and we are in the immediate dog fight for a big 12 championship....

mwisnews
12-01-2003, 05:31 PM
Yeah, maybe next year. The defense with the young guys need to learn how to tackle. That is why Benson ran all over them. Maybe next year.

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 04:32 PM: Message edited by: mwisnews ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 06:11 PM
J-town Hustler:
That doesn't sound ignorant at all. It takes time to build a new team based on a new system of play. Of all people to know this, it would be those who followed the Texas coach, Coach Brown. They weren't spectacular at first, but he had time to build his team up. That is what Coach Fran will have to do. Get the people recruited that best fits his system of play, and then build the team up. It's one of those things that takes a little time to happen. In a year or two, Texas A&M will have built the team up. After all, Coach Fran has a history of starting out the first season not so great, but building it to become quite strong. Also, the fact that he red-shirted 18 of his 22 or so freshmen. Even some of the Texas fans that I know, agree with me that this is a building process, and in the future, A&M will become better.I was referring to the whole "TU" and "tea sipping" things. Any statement that you make just takes a backseat to the stupidity in the name calling. It's just plain ignorant. Take your brainwashing somewhere else. :rolleyes:

dawg03
12-01-2003, 06:23 PM
weatherag07:
It takes time...Fran isn't a magician. It'll take a while to rebuild the team. Just hopefully not too long!I agree. He will work his own magic, in his own time

Murphy Lee
12-01-2003, 06:45 PM
nm

<small>[ December 01, 2003, 05:47 PM: Message edited by: Murphy Lee ]</small>

J-town Hustler
12-01-2003, 06:53 PM
So basically what you're saying JasperDog94, is that calling them t-sips, and saying t.u. just makes them ignorant for doing it? When I know that there are Texas fans that do the same exact thing, except they use other words and phrases. That statement seems biased to me.

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 07:00 PM
J-town Hustler:
So basically what you're saying JasperDog94, is that calling them t-sips, and saying t.u. just makes them ignorant for doing it? When I know that there are Texas fans that do the same exact thing, except they use other words and phrases. That statement seems biased to me.Look, enough of that T.U. crap alright. We all that a&m wishes it could only be half as successful as U.T., the real university. Also, your season hinges on what happens in the game against U.T., thinking that U.T. is your real rival, when everyone knows that U.T.'s real rival is OU. You would be better off making NE Louisiana your rival, they are closer to level of play. I am sick of hearing this belittling of U.T., win a couple of conference games and then pop off.

J-town Hustler
12-01-2003, 07:12 PM
Listen GOFOR2, how about those people that also belittle A&M. You seemed to forget to add them in your comment. Besides, this rivalry has been going on for 110 years. Try and tell them to stop the Texas A&M, Texas games because you think it is not a real rivalry. I guess to you, the whole building process thing with a first year coach doesn't matter. You do remember what happened when Coach Brown first came to Texas right? He had time to build up the program to what it is today, which means that Coach Fran needs an opportunity to build this program up also. I'm not saying that t.u. thing is right, nor am I saying that it is wrong. What I am saying is that, before you judge what is said by one side, you might want to check what is said your side too. I highly doubt that both sides are right in this matter. Seems to me, everyone is so quick to judge the opponent before they take a look at some of the things said on their side. Trust me, after A&M is built back up, with the people they need, it will be a great rivalry again.

J-town Hustler
12-01-2003, 07:17 PM
You seem so quick to jump on everyone that says something about Texas. Yet you hesitate and forget to mention those who say things about A&M. Ask yourself, is that right, or Hypocritical?

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 07:37 PM
J-town Hustler:
So basically what you're saying JasperDog94, is that calling them t-sips, and saying t.u. just makes them ignorant for doing it? When I know that there are Texas fans that do the same exact thing, except they use other words and phrases. That statement seems biased to me.Examples...?

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 10:18 PM
J-town Hustler:
Listen GOFOR2, how about those people that also belittle A&M. You seemed to forget to add them in your comment. Besides, this rivalry has been going on for 110 years. Try and tell them to stop the Texas A&M, Texas games because you think it is not a real rivalry. I guess to you, the whole building process thing with a first year coach doesn't matter. You do remember what happened when Coach Brown first came to Texas right? He had time to build up the program to what it is today, which means that Coach Fran needs an opportunity to build this program up also. I'm not saying that t.u. thing is right, nor am I saying that it is wrong. What I am saying is that, before you judge what is said by one side, you might want to check what is said your side too. I highly doubt that both sides are right in this matter. Seems to me, everyone is so quick to judge the opponent before they take a look at some of the things said on their side. Trust me, after A&M is built back up, with the people they need, it will be a great rivalry again.Whoa! Sounds to me like someone is a little bitter here. And there you go again with the t.u. thing. You just need to grow up a little. Maybe when A&M starts to win again I will playfully listen to your demeaning comments, but until that happens just keep your mouth shut. You sound like the guy who gets beat 70-6 in a ball game and has the nerve to talk trash instead of paying attention to reality. And I never downgraded the football program or the coaching staff. I am no fool, Francine, I mean Francione, is just in his first year. It takes time to rebuild. Like I said, many A&M folks talk the trash and heck even your fight song is based on beating U.T. Just accept the fact that you are not on U.T.'s level right now and hopefully you will be in a couple of years so that the annual post-Thanksgiving game can have some real rivalry for both teams and not just A&M.

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 10:19 PM
J-town Hustler:
You seem so quick to jump on everyone that says something about Texas. Yet you hesitate and forget to mention those who say things about A&M. Ask yourself, is that right, or Hypocritical?By the way, A&M was much better off with Slocum. I really liked him. He was a good guy. But then again we are talking about the Aggie administration. What morons.

weatherag07
12-01-2003, 10:26 PM
GOFOR2:

J-town Hustler:
You seem so quick to jump on everyone that says something about Texas. Yet you hesitate and forget to mention those who say things about A&M. Ask yourself, is that right, or Hypocritical?By the way, A&M was much better off with Slocum. I really liked him. He was a good guy. But then again we are talking about the Aggie administration. What morons.moron :p

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 10:33 PM
weatherag07:

GOFOR2:

J-town Hustler:
You seem so quick to jump on everyone that says something about Texas. Yet you hesitate and forget to mention those who say things about A&M. Ask yourself, is that right, or Hypocritical?By the way, A&M was much better off with Slocum. I really liked him. He was a good guy. But then again we are talking about the Aggie administration. What morons.moron :p I am sorry if I offended you. But if you happen to be in the administration then wear your shoe, because you did a crappy job of finding a replacement for a coach that beat the then #1 team in the nation, OU, then you reward him by firing him. Who's the moron here. If you want to call me a moron, fine, but support you cheapshots with some corraborating evidence, lets not be so juvenile about it. I will never call anyone on this post any kind of name for supporting their views like you just did, but then again you offered no supporting opinion.

White&Crimson
12-01-2003, 10:35 PM
J-town Hustler:
So basically what you're saying JasperDog94, is that calling them t-sips, and saying t.u. just makes them ignorant for doing it? When I know that there are Texas fans that do the same exact thing, except they use other words and phrases. That statement seems biased to me.Yes, it is ignorant. And it's equally ignorant for UT fans to call Aggies names also. The point is, JasperDog94 is NOT saying those things. Many people do on both sides of the rivalry, but that doesn't make it right.
I graduated from UT but that doesn't mean I go around bashing A&M and making retarded comments about them. Sure, I may joke around about them, but I don't resort to the name calling. UT and A&M are both great universities, but of course in my biased opinion I think UT is better. :D
Oh and for the people who say t.u., it really sounds like sour grapes to me.

GOFOR2
12-01-2003, 10:39 PM
White&Crimson:

J-town Hustler:
So basically what you're saying JasperDog94, is that calling them t-sips, and saying t.u. just makes them ignorant for doing it? When I know that there are Texas fans that do the same exact thing, except they use other words and phrases. That statement seems biased to me.Yes, it is ignorant. And it's equally ignorant for UT fans to call Aggies names also. The point is, JasperDog94 is NOT saying those things. Many people do on both sides of the rivalry, but that doesn't make it right.
I graduated from UT but that doesn't mean I go around bashing A&M and making retarded comments about them. Sure, I may joke around about them, but I don't resort to the name calling. UT and A&M are both great universities, but of course in my biased opinion I think UT is better. :D
Oh and for the people who say t.u., it really sounds like sour grapes to me.That is exactly the point I am trying to explicate here. I myself dont dislike the Aggies, its the ignorance that wears me down.

JasperDog94
12-01-2003, 11:06 PM
I'm still waiting for my examples of names that Texas calls A&M. If there are any, I'm not aware of them. It's not like Texas brainwashes incoming freshman into hating A&M.

bulldogvet85
12-01-2003, 11:12 PM
A Longhorn fan walks into a restaurant in College Station, orders a drink, and asks the waiter if he'd like to hear a good A&M joke.
"Listen buddy," he growled. "See those 2 big guys on your left? They were both linemen on the Aggie football team. And that huge fellow on your right was a world-class wrestler at A&M. That guy in the corner was A&M's all-time champion weight lifter. And I lettered in 3 sports at A&M. Now, are you absolutely positive you want to go ahead and tell your joke here?"
"Nah, guess not," the man replied. "I wouldn't want to have to explain it 5 times."

weatherag07
12-02-2003, 01:04 AM
GOFOR2:

weatherag07:

GOFOR2:

J-town Hustler:
You seem so quick to jump on everyone that says something about Texas. Yet you hesitate and forget to mention those who say things about A&M. Ask yourself, is that right, or Hypocritical?By the way, A&M was much better off with Slocum. I really liked him. He was a good guy. But then again we are talking about the Aggie administration. What morons.moron :p I am sorry if I offended you. But if you happen to be in the administration then wear your shoe, because you did a crappy job of finding a replacement for a coach that beat the then #1 team in the nation, OU, then you reward him by firing him. Who's the moron here. If you want to call me a moron, fine, but support you cheapshots with some corraborating evidence, lets not be so juvenile about it. I will never call anyone on this post any kind of name for supporting their views like you just did, but then again you offered no supporting opinion.Chill! Notice the stupid smiley face with the tongue. I'm not offended...I'm just a student who cares more about passing than who is/was the better coach. Geez...
I don't know the whole story about how the team got so bad, but with this being Fran's first year, it had to start earlier...like with Slocum. But, like I said, I'm not concerned about. The Ags will get better with time.
And I was not being juvenile. Actually, I decided to be lighthearted about it because I didn't want to get in a "discussion" about it.

AggieJohn
12-02-2003, 02:20 AM
exactly weatherag................i think what people forget is that this is a friendly rivalry...ags are going to say their team is better and that the "t-sips" are horrible because they know it's going to get under their skin....likewise..the horns will say that they going to the BCS.........have a genuinely solid team and are worthy of all the potatoes that can be mashed up...it's just a rivalry....it's not the hatfields vs. the mccoys........it's not the redcoats vs. patriots..............it's one huge texas team and it's followers vs. another huge texas team and it's followers....we've all chosen sides.......laugh about it and have fun poking....

JasperDog94
12-02-2003, 10:29 AM
I know school is back in session J-town Hustler. I'm still waiting... :)

underware
12-02-2003, 11:08 AM
I've never been a fan of a&m. I've always been a horns fan. BUT....I hate to see the aggies go down like that. They do represent the state as does the Longhorns. Unlike most aggies....I'll support any Texas teams, if they are playing OUT of state teams. Most aggies don't think like that. They want anyone and everyone to beat Texas. Oh, well. What comes around, goes around. HOOK'em

JasperDog94
12-02-2003, 11:23 AM
explayer2001:
the horns will say that they going to the BCS.........have a genuinely solid team and are worthy of all the potatoes that can be mashed upHuh? :confused:

eagle.eyes
12-02-2003, 11:25 AM
After my stomach quit hurting from laughing, I couldn't help but wonder but a few of you only discovered football in the last 4 years. Some of you must of been playing T-Ball the last few years of the Southwest Conference and the beginning of the Big 12. UT/AM success is cyclical as is most other programs. The tide will change soon and you won't see near as many orange bumper stickers and T-shirts as you do now. A few years later, the next post will say "Aggies, Please bring back Fran!!"

Phil C
12-02-2003, 11:30 AM
HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS BEATING THE NETS FOR THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!

J-town Hustler
12-02-2003, 06:00 PM
By the way GOFOR2, when you accused me of saying the "t.u." and "t-sip" things, you must not of realized that I was just naming a few of the things that have been said. Besides, you seem to be all concerned with the stuff about Texas, but you start the petty name calling like Francine. Or what about the part where you call the administration morons? Is that not childish? Demeaning comments you say? Guess you forgot to add all of the stuff you've been saying as well. Actually, not once have I said anything demeaning to Texas, all I did was list some of the things said. The way you said the Francine part, was so deliberate also. No and again no, I will not accept the statement where you said that A&M was not on the same level as Texas. This is the kind of rivalry where one team could go undefeated, and then lose to A&M, vice versa. Whoever wins, represents Texas as a whole. The Texas-Oklahoma games is a great out of state rivalry. The Texas-Texas A&M game is an in-state rivalry. All in all, it takes time to build up the program. Oh, and JasperDog94, not once did I say you said those things. I was just trying to get you to realize it is not just A&M doing the name calling. Texas fans say stuff about A&M as well. You asked for examples? Some of the ones I know seem very juvenile, but they were said by high school students. Like for instance, faggies. That one, I can't help but laugh at. A high school student, how clever. It is not just names that are called, by Texas fans, and A&M fans, but phrases. Juvenile really. I'd name more, since you asked, but for now I things that need to get done. Anything else you'd like to add JasperDog94, GOFOR2?

bulldogvet85
12-02-2003, 06:14 PM
J-town Hustler:
By the way GOFOR2, when you accused me of saying the "t.u." and "t-sip" things, you must not of realized that I was just naming a few of the things that have been said. Besides, you seem to be all concerned with the stuff about Texas, but you start the petty name calling like Francine. Or what about the part where you call the administration morons? Is that not childish? Demeaning comments you say? Guess you forgot to add all of the stuff you've been saying as well. Actually, not once have I said anything demeaning to Texas, all I did was list some of the things said. The way you said the Francine part, was so deliberate also. No and again no, I will not accept the statement where you said that A&M was not on the same level as Texas. This is the kind of rivalry where one team could go undefeated, and then lose to A&M, vice versa. Whoever wins, represents Texas as a whole. The Texas-Oklahoma games is a great out of state rivalry. The Texas-Texas A&M game is an in-state rivalry. All in all, it takes time to build up the program. Oh, and JasperDog94, not once did I say you said those things. I was just trying to get you to realize it is not just A&M doing the name calling. Texas fans say stuff about A&M as well. You asked for examples? Some of the ones I know seem very juvenile, but they were said by high school students. Like for instance, faggies. That one, I can't help but laugh at. A high school student, how clever. It is not just names that are called, by Texas fans, and A&M fans, but phrases. Juvenile really. I'd name more, since you asked, but for now I things that need to get done. Anything else you'd like to add JasperDog94, GOFOR2?blah blah blah blah blah this is all getting old really quick :rolleyes: :rolleyes: hey phil it was the best series we have ever had!!! Way to go SPURS!! Hey How bout them packers!!!! :D

AggieJohn
12-02-2003, 11:54 PM
so i'm currently in the process of applying to be an ag..but besides this one article...which some of yall have seen..i've always thought jim rome was cool....

This was heard on Jim Rome's radio show today. Rome is a nationally syndicated sports talk show personality based in California with no other
connections to Texas. Well, I guess Rome has something to say about the Aggies & College Station. Here it goes; and this is a complete quote:
"They won't shut up. They have to go on about spirit, and old army, and red ass, and how bonfire represents the burning sensation they have in their urine to beat UT, and blah blah blah. Shut up. You start to get the feeling
the entire school was built to spite UT. Forget the fact that when the Texas Legislature back in the 1870's passed legislation to start a state
university they also decided to have a subsidiary branch of the main school (University of Texas) that would teach agriculture and mechanics. Aggies love to say their school is older, from where they get that I don't know......the fact is, the State intended A&M to be a branch of UT. They are like the afterbirth from the original creation. Like Danny Devito in "Twins". So they apparently have this complex, so much so, that they must devote their entire school to trying to prove to UT that they are just as good. All the while, nobody at UT denies that A&M is a good school, yet they won't shut up. So they write a fight song......about?....Texas, and how they
want to beat them. They have a Fish Camp for freshman where they tell them how bad Texas is and how good A&M and all its traditions are. It is the world's largest known case of penis envy, and it is manifested in everything A&M does. The people at A& M. Now we all have friends who went
to A&M or are at A&M. There are some nice people there.
However...there is the Corp. East Texas' answer to dreams of ROTC kids everywhere. For every Boy Scout who never learned to stop playing with his GI JoeToys, there is the Corp. Now, forget the fact that A&M will actually let people with sub-par grades enroll if they agree to join the Corp.
Forget the fact that the Corps looked like a Gestapo hate rally while beating down students on Kyle Field in 1995. Forget the fact that long with the numerous hazing charges that have been filed against them, and swept under the rug over the years, they just this past month have had one Corps member bring charges against another Corps member who apparently had been propositioning others for a little actual sodomy. Not only could I go on with more instances of idiocracy by these
Khaki-clad-shaven-headed-dorks, I am sure each of you have your own stories. The point is: We all respect West Point, Annapolis, The Air Force Academy; however, nobody respects the
Corp. I imagine they are kind of the laughing stock of the military world. Just because you dress like the Army, and try and act like the Army, does not make you the Army. People at A&M don't even respect these clowns. It is not cool to shave your head and dress up. Halloween is only supposed to be one day of the year. If you want to carry guns and beat up civilians, move
to Israel.
It is even less cool to slobber on somebody's daughter on national television and call it a tradition. Dry humping 18 year old girls in the
stands at football games is not cool. Not only is it not cool, it should be against the law. I know that in College Station, students are just prone
to mount each other on the campus lawn,or in the middle of class, or anytime anything good happens you can just grab the girl sitting next to you and start sucking on her face. But everywhere else in the world, it is looked down upon. Especially if you are doing it on my TV. That is why we have moved the game from Thanksgiving. Because people across the nation were gagging on their turkey when in the middle of watching a football game, some boy scout is tongue thrashing some overweight co-ed during somebody's Thanksgiving dinner. We do not need to see burly women engaged in a suckfest every time your woeful offense manages to put points on the board. Some of these girls are in desperate need of a trip to the Clinique counter. Screw that, forget make-up, it is too late for that, just give them a veil.
"t.u." is not funny. It is NOT insulting. It is dumb. Just imagine if folks from Texas kept talking about M&A and giggling. That would not be
funny. In fact, it would be retarded. That's why UT fans don't do it.Please learn. You want to lose the image of country bumpkins, of apeople
fond of sheep of people that aren't stupid? Then quit building things that fall down. Quit chasing cheerleaders around with swords on national TV.
Quit whooping in church. Quit whooping period. Quit putting up scoreboards for the enjoyment of dead mammals. Quit spending your Friday nights practicing how to yell. Quit telling rape jokes to reporters when you're running for Governor. When you are filling out season ticket renewals,
and the form asks for your phone #, H & W, quit putting258-3999, Height 6'3", Weight 185. Just, collectively, stop making asses of yourselves. Go to East Texas, tour every small town, and ask every red neck with a 5th grade education why they cheer for A&M and wear maroon. That is your fan base.

This is why you are perceived by the educated masses as stupid. Nobody cares if you think your band is better. They might be louder, they might march in neat little zig zags, but they have no musical ability. The point is, nobody cares who wins halftime. Quit getting geeked up about marching bands. I find it hard to believe you stood through your high school band's entire halftime performance. And why? Cause nobody cared
then and nobody cares now. Plus, you can hear them fine sitting down even if you do care. Why is it cool all of a sudden now that you're in college? Men should never let out high pitched whooping sounds. Perhaps the only justifiable situation in which this can be tolerated is perhaps during an anal probe. Oh wait...I understand now. Dogs are not ladies. They don't look or smell like ladies. Dogs eat their own feces and should be treated accordingly.
Finally, College Station is an armpit of a town. Quit pretending that it is a great college town. It is a town and there is a college there. That should be the end of this comparison. If you feel that life doesn't get any better than the Dixie Chicken, and enjoy being stuck in a never ending "Dukes of Hazard" episode, then move there. More importantly, don't move to
Austin.....they are trying to create an educated, technological, and open minded population base. Austin is, and will continue to be, the birthplace and final resting place of all that is cool. As my friend Stephen Johnson
once said: "If the world were ever to get an enema, College Station is where you would connect the hose."

bulldogvet85
12-03-2003, 12:35 AM
thats kinda mean what he says but he Ithink its funny at the same time. I like jim he dont care what he says he just says it and he's right usually all the time. LOLOLOLOLOL laughing over the article :D :D :D

oldlep27
12-03-2003, 12:45 PM
Its always the same old sh*t. A&m Loses to T.U---aggies get made fun of. T.U loses to A&M-- T-Sips get made fun of. Get over it. Thats College football for you. Some of you people are b*tching about traditions that were set a hundred years. Let it go....THis is the way it is and im pretty sure its going to be the same. Enjoy the rivarly... I do.. Oh and by the way, THis football year should have been expected for A&M. DId you know that all but about 4 recruits were redshirted. THats right, these boys have been working hard and trust me....These boys are athletic. A&M's time is coming....GIve us 2 years...Trust me.

I work out with these guys in Netum Steed Laboratory almost everyday, and i am impressed with what these boys can do.

Josh
Texas A&M Track

White&Crimson
12-03-2003, 05:48 PM
OH MY GOSH, WOULD YOU AGGIES STOP SAYING T.U.?! It is so ignorant and only proves what that article says about the world's largest case of penis envy. Does it make you feel better about yourselves or something to say T.U? Are you jealous because the name of our university sounds more prestigious? Please GET OVER IT.
Oh and the burning sensation in the urine? Sounds like a urinary tract infection to me. :D

Boosty_Hondo
12-03-2003, 05:53 PM
GO HORNS #1

J-town Hustler
12-03-2003, 07:03 PM
White&Crimson,
Was it really necessary to say some of the things you said in that last comment? Whatever someone says about a university is their business. That goes out to all, across the nation. Someone shouldn't get all bent out of shape due to one personal belief. Many of the things that happen to be said, won't stop any time soon. Just let it be, even if you highly disagree.

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: J-town Hustler ]</small>

JasperDog94
12-03-2003, 07:24 PM
I will let it be when A&M quits brainwashing incoming freshman into hating UT. :mad: It's not funny. :mad: The rest of the college world thinks you're retarded when you say t.u. and tea-sips. :mad: :mad: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

White&Crimson
12-03-2003, 08:27 PM
J-town Hustler:
White&Crimson,
Was it really necessary to say some of the things you said in that last comment? Whatever someone says about a university is their business. That goes out to all, across the nation. Someone shouldn't get all bent out of shape due to one personal belief. Many of the things that happen to be said, won't stop any time soon. Just let it be, even if you highly disagree.Then by your logic, isn't it my buisness to say what I want about a university? Okay, then I say that I think it is retarded when people from A&M say t.u. It's my personal belief. Okay, some Aggies won't stop saying t.u., that's fine, but then I won't stop saying that I think it is stupid for them to say it. Just throwing your logic back at you. :)
If I was talking about the Faggies, or saying all Aggies are stupid country bumpkins, etc, then would you not have the right to tell me that you thought my comments are out of line?! Of course you would and you SHOULD! My line of thinking goes both ways, when I hear people from UT going on and on about how they don't like A&M, calling them names or whatever, I think they are going overboard with the rivalry. And if I were in a conversation with them, I would tell them so.
You know, I guess the thing that really jumps out at me is that many Aggie fans don't even say t.u. like it is an insult or trying to be funny. They say it as if they really think it is the initials of the university, which really does scream brainwashing, huh JasperDog94?
It comes down to a matter of respect. I respect A&M in the sense that it is a good university, as do many other UT fans. But when it comes to the majority of Aggie fans that I know, they will do anything and everything in their power to prove that they are better than UT and I personally think that they need to get over and be more about pro-A&M than they are anti-UT.
Prime example: when I see someone I am acquantences with wearing an A&M shirt I think to say myself "Aw man, an aggie." Because I wish they were a longhorn instead. But when an A&M person sees me wearing a UT shirt, they proceed to go up to me and tell me how much they think UT sucks. Proof that there is ONE nice thing about living in Austin...power in numbers.
Man I wish Southwest Texas State University had changed to Texas University instead of Texas State University. That would have solved the whole problem!

afflac65
12-03-2003, 08:58 PM
BRING BACK R.C.SLOCUM ARE YOU KIDDING. HE IS NOT A TOP COLLEGE COACH OR A TOP RECRUITING COACH.
TEXAS A%M IS GOING INTO THE RIGHT DIRECTION JUST GIVE THEM A COUPLE OF YEARS........

AggieJohn
12-04-2003, 08:54 AM
i know that people harp that this is the first ag class to go through that's going to graduate never winning against t.u.....but this is also the first t-sippin class that's going to go through never beating O.U.....now wait didn't a&m win last year against O.U. hmm......i guess we don't suck...

JasperDog94
12-04-2003, 09:48 AM
explayer2001:
i know that people harp that this is the first ag class to go through that's going to graduate never winning against t.u.....but this is also the first t-sippin class that's going to go through never beating O.U.....now wait didn't a&m win last year against O.U. hmm......i guess we don't suck...But I thought that the only win A&M cared about was winning against Texas. After all, that's what makes or breaks ya'll season, right? :rolleyes:

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

onfirebball05mustang
12-04-2003, 09:58 AM
We may be a little behind in recruiting, but hopefully will turn out for the best :)
GIG 'EM AGGIES!!!

JasperDog94
12-04-2003, 10:05 AM
J-town Hustler
[QBYou asked for examples? Some of the ones I know seem very juvenile, but they were said by high school students. Like for instance, faggies.[/QB]Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this taught to all the incoming freshman that go to Texas? Teach them to call Aggies "faggies"? NO! And I don't expect all A&M fans to not call the Longhorns names. What I will continue to object to is the childish name-calling that is brainwashed into every freshman at A&M.

Face it, you guys know I'm right. You don't have a leg to stand on in the arguement as long as A&M continues to be jealous of Texas and continues the juvenile name-calling. I've made my point. I'm out!

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 09:06 AM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

AggieJohn
12-04-2003, 10:34 AM
JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
i know that people harp that this is the first ag class to go through that's going to graduate never winning against t.u.....but this is also the first t-sippin class that's going to go through never beating O.U.....now wait didn't a&m win last year against O.U. hmm......i guess we don't suck...But I thought that the only win A&M cared about was winning against Texas. After all, that's what makes or breaks ya'll season, right? :rolleyes: nope thats just what makes it righteous...

GOFOR2
12-04-2003, 12:05 PM
explayer2001:

JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
i know that people harp that this is the first ag class to go through that's going to graduate never winning against t.u.....but this is also the first t-sippin class that's going to go through never beating O.U.....now wait didn't a&m win last year against O.U. hmm......i guess we don't suck...But I thought that the only win A&M cared about was winning against Texas. After all, that's what makes or breaks ya'll season, right? :rolleyes: nope thats just what makes it righteous...I probably should stop writing about this in hopes that it becomes a dead issue, but this ignorance is like a thorn in my side.
Oldelep27 and Explayer2001, you guys need to read that Jim Rome pretty closely. You need to get a grip on really and realize the world is not against A&M. Quit stalking U.T. like some sort of looney. So what if you beat OU last year. What was your season like? Texas had a bad game or two, but A&M had a bad 8 games or 9. Noone is saying A&M sucks. Everyone has a down year or two, its called rebuilding. Just drop this issue and this t.u. thing, its really old and really stupid.

2futurecard'smom
12-04-2003, 02:06 PM
I just can't let this go without putting in my two cents into this conversation. I have a daughter who is in grad school at A&M and I am very glad that she chose there instead of tu. A few years ago we went to basketball camp at tu, and being unsure of where to find the gym, we stopped 5 times to ask students walking on campus directions, the first 3 did not speak english, the next 2 had red, green and blue spiked hair and piercings all over the face. I have been to College Station many times and that is something that I have not seen on their campus. So as a parent I thank God she is an AGGIE! AND I did attend the A&M game vs tu and met lots of their fans, and they were all very nice people and when the camera put up one of the freaky people of tu, the comments from them were "How humiliating to be associated with that". So, to each his own, just my opinion.

AggieJohn
12-04-2003, 03:03 PM
2futurecard'smom:
I just can't let this go without putting in my two cents into this conversation. I have a daughter who is in grad school at A&M and I am very glad that she chose there instead of tu. A few years ago we went to basketball camp at tu, and being unsure of where to find the gym, we stopped 5 times to ask students walking on campus directions, the first 3 did not speak english, the next 2 had red, green and blue spiked hair and piercings all over the face. I have been to College Station many times and that is something that I have not seen on their campus. So as a parent I thank God she is an AGGIE! AND I did attend the A&M game vs tu and met lots of their fans, and they were all very nice people and when the camera put up one of the freaky people of tu, the comments from them were "How humiliating to be associated with that". So, to each his own, just my opinion.all the aggies should meet at her house for thanksgiving!!!!

3ahunter2k4
12-04-2003, 03:04 PM
Phil C:
HOW ABOUT THEM SPURS BEATING THE NETS FOR THE NBA CHAMPIONSHIP! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!and you were wondering why you were down to 4 stars?

AggieJohn
12-04-2003, 03:11 PM
GOFOR2:

explayer2001:

JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
i know that people harp that this is the first ag class to go through that's going to graduate never winning against t.u.....but this is also the first t-sippin class that's going to go through never beating O.U.....now wait didn't a&m win last year against O.U. hmm......i guess we don't suck...But I thought that the only win A&M cared about was winning against Texas. After all, that's what makes or breaks ya'll season, right? :rolleyes: nope thats just what makes it righteous...I probably should stop writing about this in hopes that it becomes a dead issue, but this ignorance is like a thorn in my side.
Oldelep27 and Explayer2001, you guys need to read that Jim Rome pretty closely. You need to get a grip on really and realize the world is not against A&M. Quit stalking U.T. like some sort of looney. So what if you beat OU last year. What was your season like? Texas had a bad game or two, but A&M had a bad 8 games or 9. Noone is saying A&M sucks. Everyone has a down year or two, its called rebuilding. Just drop this issue and this t.u. thing, its really old and really stupid.see thats the thing....ags don't want to drop it...it's a great rivalry.........has there ever been bloodshed because of it......has it ignited a civil war in texas.....no.....ags despise T.U. as an athletic based level as well as the common liberal ideaology that austin exhumes.......ags are conservative for the most part...and if your not your a 2%...ags realize that austin is a great school academically, they just don't care for them on any other level, plus what code of honor do they have at t.u., none......yeah they have fish camp....what's wrong with a little team spirit...ya know..quit harping because you think the aggies are trying too be a thorn in t.u.'s side because they were 4-8 this year....ags do this every year to t.u. doesn't matter if their 13-0 or 0-13...it's called the 12th man baby, learn it, live it, be it.......whooop!!!

J-town Hustler
12-04-2003, 05:32 PM
It seems to me JasperDog94, that you didn't interpret what I said right. If you would of read what was before and after the sentence you would understand. No one ever said anything about "brainwashing" or teaching freshman that. That has nothing to do with anything related to the statements I made. You seem to of read something entirely of the subject. Perhaps you should read it over again, and you would understand the point I was trying to make. Also, you said "Face it, you guys know I'm right", and that we have no ground for arguement, you must not of looked at the other side of the story. In fact, that side could make a very good arguement. If you want to say things concerning one side, then it will seem very biased. Next time you should tell all sides of the story, and make sure you read the post right. Anything else?

White&Crimson
12-04-2003, 05:49 PM
I don't know why I even bothered to say anything about the subject. It's obvious that none of you even listen to anyone else's point of view. But anyway, now it's blantantly obvious that none of you Aggies have any respect, academic or otherwise, for UT. Frankly, it makes me even more glad that I went to school at UT, because I'm not ignorant enough to go around bashing others for no good reason. (That includes others who might look different than me, say an extra piercing or strange colored hair.)

J-town Hustler
12-04-2003, 05:57 PM
White&Crimson, I think it's not so much that no one listens. Instead, it is more about someone wanting to be heard, and not caring about other responses. Let's not make this a one-sided view. It's not just Aggies that do this. I'm sure Texas has fans out there that do the same thing.

GOFOR2
12-04-2003, 07:08 PM
2futurecard'smom:
I just can't let this go without putting in my two cents into this conversation. I have a daughter who is in grad school at A&M and I am very glad that she chose there instead of tu. A few years ago we went to basketball camp at tu, and being unsure of where to find the gym, we stopped 5 times to ask students walking on campus directions, the first 3 did not speak english, the next 2 had red, green and blue spiked hair and piercings all over the face. I have been to College Station many times and that is something that I have not seen on their campus. So as a parent I thank God she is an AGGIE! AND I did attend the A&M game vs tu and met lots of their fans, and they were all very nice people and when the camera put up one of the freaky people of tu, the comments from them were "How humiliating to be associated with that". So, to each his own, just my opinion.Great, she is an Aggie and she is pursuing a higher level of education and a quality institution, but what is your excuse for the t.u. crap? That is what we are talking about, or have not read any of the previous posts?

GOFOR2
12-04-2003, 07:14 PM
explayer2001:

GOFOR2:

explayer2001:

JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
Oldelep27 and Explayer2001, you guys need to read that Jim Rome pretty closely. You need to get a grip on really and realize the world is not against A&M. Quit stalking U.T. like some sort of looney. So what if you beat OU last year. What was your season like? Texas had a bad game or two, but A&M had a bad 8 games or 9. Noone is saying A&M sucks. Everyone has a down year or two, its called rebuilding. Just drop this issue and this t.u. thing, its really old and really stupid.see thats the thing....ags don't want to drop it...it's a great rivalry.........has there ever been bloodshed because of it......has it ignited a civil war in texas.....no.....ags despise T.U. as an athletic based level as well as the common liberal ideaology that austin exhumes.......ags are conservative for the most part...and if your not your a 2%...ags realize that austin is a great school academically, they just don't care for them on any other level, plus what code of honor do they have at t.u., none......yeah they have fish camp....what's wrong with a little team spirit...ya know..quit harping because you think the aggies are trying too be a thorn in t.u.'s side because they were 4-8 this year....ags do this every year to t.u. doesn't matter if their 13-0 or 0-13...it's called the 12th man baby, learn it, live it, be it.......whooop!!!Unbelievable! This is no talking to the ignorant. The irrational do not understand the logic. Go on with your little 7th grade thinking and call the horns t.u.This has nothing to do with rivalry. U.T. does not go crying around the state calling the Sooners UO or something stupid like that. The rivalry is there, but the silly name calling is non-existent. Now, my hands are washed of this subject. I am done with you....................I think.

pakrat
12-04-2003, 08:03 PM
When I started this post, I didn't intend to start WWIII. And who is that Jim Rome guy. Can't he find anything better to talk about than TAMU? Is this supposed to be a national interest that TAMU makes fun of UT? :rolleyes: And as for that "laughing stock of the military world" comment, tell that to the TAMU grads now serving in Iraq. There definitely are some. The laughing stock of the military world are those universities that will not let a military recruiter come on campass. Who protects Jerry Rome's sorry behind anyway? It just might be some Aggies. Guess who put more officers into WWII than any other university except West Point. TAMU, that's who.

And when it comes to UT, I want them to be a good team. I want Texas Tech to be good, and Baylor, and yes, TAMU too. It's a matter of pride for Texas football. Let them all whip up on OU, Nebraska, and all the rest of the BIg 12. :D

White&Crimson
12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
pakrat:
And when it comes to UT, I want them to be a good team. I want Texas Tech to be good, and Baylor, and yes, TAMU too. It's a matter of pride for Texas football. Let them all whip up on OU, Nebraska, and all the rest of the BIg 12. :D Well said pakrat! :)

Tackle75
12-04-2003, 11:54 PM
You know I'll just say this. yeah t.u. maybe an athletic power house. But the things that matter the most, are what Texas A&M excells in the most.

Laugh all you will. Texas A:&M is actually a higher ranking educational institute than t.u. right now. A&M were actually the first to clone a horse. The school is ranked in the top 5 in the south by the COllege Board. An acclaimed org.

A&m is also way more friendly than t.u. I swear everyone i see on campus there is always quick to say a hello or howdy(however backwoods that may sound, its still nice), i mean if you go to t.u. you are more likely to hear a curse word to your face than a howdy or hello. OH well!
and the t.u. thing its nothing personal, and nothing derogatory, just that we dont feel like Texas is THE University of texas.
Just like Ohio state , alot of the other rivals in ohio , will not call it THE ohio state university.

OH well.
Howdy!

JasperDog94
12-05-2003, 12:47 AM
I thought I was done, but I guess not. I'll type really slow so maybe you can understand what I'm talking about.

1. I love the Texas/Texas A&M rivalry. I think it's one of the best in college football. I look forward to the game every year. Several friends of mine at church went to A&M and we harrass each other all year until the game. It's all in good fun.

2. Name calling: A&M promotes it from the time you step on campus. Texas does not. This is my point. You guys have nothing better to do than to sit around thinking of different ways of sounding stupid. (On a side note, I guess some of the Texas students use this time to decide what color hair to wear, but that's another topic.)

3. Nothing is wrong with team spirit. I'm all for it. But since when did team spirit involve putting down another school? Just wondering...

4. explayer2001 - You asked, "has their ever been bloodshed because of it?" YES, it's called bonfire and unfortunately 12 people lost their lives. But, what will we ever do if we can't have our bonfire to show our bitter hatred for UT... :rolleyes:

5. J-town hustler - I did read all of your posts. I'm not defending or even talking about individuals who call other universities stupid names. I'm talking about the UNIVERSITY CONDONED "brainwashing" that takes place at fish camp. If this were an isolated case that would be one thing, but it's being taught as the correct way to talk about another university and that's just plain WRONG!!! :mad:

6. Tackle 75 - This is a football forum. We talk about football here. (go figure) You want to talk about which university has a higher ranking as an educational institute, go to an educational institute message board and brag there.

7. If my dog, cat, horse, or cow is sick, I'll find someone that went to A&M. If I'm sick, I'll take my chances and go downtown to the University of Texas medical center. :p

8. Pakrat - I know you didn't mean to start this, but you can't have a rational discussion with a bunch of Aggies because they can't talk about Texas without sounding retarded. It's not your fault. :D :D

<small>[ December 04, 2003, 11:50 PM: Message edited by: JasperDog94 ]</small>

AggieJohn
12-05-2003, 02:44 PM
JasperDog,
how bout i give you a gun with a feather bullet and you admit that tamu is equal and legit to T.U. and we can both be tickled to death!

Sit down bus driver!

JasperDog94
12-05-2003, 06:08 PM
explayer2001:
JasperDog,
how bout i give you a gun with a feather bullet and you admit that tamu is equal and legit to T.U. and we can both be tickled to death!

Sit down bus driver!This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody said that A&M wasn't equal to Texas or that A&M wasn't legit. You guys really need some therapy for your inferiority comlex...
wink

AggieJohn
12-05-2003, 06:29 PM
JasperDog94:

explayer2001:
JasperDog,

Sit down bus driver!This is exactly what I'm talking about. Nobody said that A&M wasn't equal to Texas or that A&M wasn't legit. You guys really need some therapy for your inferiority comlex...
wink funny part is that i know a&m is good....ags just like to jack with ya cause we know it gets under your skin... :D :D :D

pakrat
12-05-2003, 09:10 PM
Does anybody out there give a flip about RC Slocum? Actually, I thought he had a pretty good record. Oh yes, the McNeese University Alumni Association - that's who is proud of him.

White&Crimson
12-05-2003, 10:13 PM
Tackle75:
and the t.u. thing its nothing personal, and nothing derogatory, just that we dont feel like Texas is THE University of texas.
Hey, you know it's funny, but I think you Aggies actually DO think that we are THE University of Texas. After all, you keep calling us TU, which must stand for THE University. :D :D :D

AggieJohn
12-06-2003, 09:05 PM
well i remember that in the 70's baylor's slogan was that they were THEE University of texas....catch huh?

pakrat
12-06-2003, 10:01 PM
From what I saw today at Kyle field, the Aggies and the Longhorns better keep on recruiting. :D

Haunta Yo
12-07-2003, 03:51 AM
Naw!!

AggieJohn
12-07-2003, 02:31 PM
pakrat:
From what I saw today at Kyle field, the Aggies and the Longhorns better keep on recruiting. :D Explain?

Tackle75
12-07-2003, 10:13 PM
All I know is, A&M is equal to Texas, and any other University in the country. I do not feel any inferiority at all to their university. I mean shoot, why should i. Did you know that A&M has more active Defensive players in the NFL than Texas, and actually more players overall in the NFL. So maybe even though we didnt always win the game we came out on top. Because I can now watch former ags like Dat Gwyuen. ( Check my spelling, haha), and Aaron Glenn, and Sam Adams, and so many more, actually excell in the NFL,and I can continue watching the A&m Tradition of excellence continue on even after the 4 years of college football is over.

AggieJohn
12-08-2003, 10:25 PM
AMEN

Football GOD
12-08-2003, 11:06 PM
wow