PDA

View Full Version : Astros - State Champs!

BigTex
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I just wanted to yank Keith7's chain.;) I don't care what he says, being Texas Champs in MLB is not even close to being National League Champs in the World Series. Seems that the Rangers are the only team we can beat up on this year:D

Gobbla2001
07-04-2006, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by BigTex
I just wanted to yank Keith7's chain.;) I don't care what he says, being Texas Champs in MLB is not even close to being National League Champs in the World Series. Seems that the Rangers are the only team we can beat up on this year:D

We're lucky to be in the division race still, I would have never thought it possible with the record we have at this point...

Good to snag a series, that means wins... good bragging rights if both teams don't make the postseason or win in it, but meaningless if the other makes big noise...

neck_06
07-04-2006, 01:59 PM
thats why they play so many games, so you can have a bad streach and still have time to make up for it..........the stros will come back.

Pmoney
07-04-2006, 02:29 PM
GO STROS!!!!

pirate44
07-04-2006, 02:30 PM
Go 'Stros!

GetRDoneStangs
07-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
Go 'Stros!

Them did do just that!!

7-2 over the Cubies.. Andy P. Had a good outing and some Run Support!!

So keep on....
Originally posted by pirate44
Go 'Stros!

AggieJohn
07-04-2006, 11:08 PM
500 ball or a smidgen better before the all star break is just fine w/ me

JasperDog94
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
I went to the game yesterday. They had 1 dollar hot dogs, so it didn't cost me an arm and a leg to eat at the game. Unfortunately my little girl got antsy in the top of the 8th and we left right before all the runs in the bottom of the 8th. :( But at least we won.

Did anybody watch the game on TV? Was the umps strike zone extreemely small? I couldn't really tell from my seat, but it seemed like Andy wasn't getting the calls the first few innings.

Gobbla2001
07-05-2006, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by JasperDog94

Did anybody watch the game on TV? Was the umps strike zone extreemely small? I couldn't really tell from my seat, but it seemed like Andy wasn't getting the calls the first few innings.

In the first two or three it was small for andy on the corners but it seemed wide-open for pryor on two or three pitches (in the same location), but I felt the ump did a great job the rest of the way...

Keith7
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Congrats Asstros!! New Champs of Texas, where it as a badge of honor!! We'll be back next year