PDA

View Full Version : 2006- Scary Football Teams

WTF-82
07-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Who do yall pick to be a big surprise scary team in 2006.

My pick ANDREWS this school has a history since 90's of having great football players and they always put something good together come district play last year was the weakest I have seen them in a long time and they still cometed well in 4-A.

If you look back they have gave Friendship and Plainview major problems in this district. Look for a good year from Andrews specially during district and playoff time.

tigerpride_08
07-04-2006, 10:55 AM
needville always shakes up our district...

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by ***-82
Who do yall pick to be a big surprise scary team in 2006.

My pick ANDREWS this school has a history since 90's of having great football players and they always put something good together come district play last year was the weakest I have seen them in a long time and they still cometed well in 4-A.

If you look back they have gave Friendship and Plainview major problems in this district. Look for a good year from Andrews specially during district and playoff time.

Respect your opinion. But, Sweetwater, Wylie, and Snyder of
last year would have beaten Frenship and Plainview and we did
hammer Andrews 38-0.

4A football is really not that strong in West Texas anymore. Look
at those three teams schedules. They are full of 4A teams this
year and I doubt Sweetwater, Wylie, or Snyder lose to any of them.

A bad 4A team dropping to 3A doesn't make them even an average 3A team.

WTF-82
07-04-2006, 11:15 AM
Andrews was weak the last year, but other than that

Sweetwater could not beat Plainview or Frenship last year. Please Plainview went down to the wire with Stephenville last year in the playoffs.

Wylie maybe Snyder no way. And Sweetwater or Snyder has never dominated Andrews last year everyone had there licks at Andrews but they got better when district started and will be tough next year. In the past Andrews has got there licks on Sweetwater and Snyder.

I do think Sweetwater will have a great Football team next year and will beat Andrews if they play. Snyder and Andrews is a district game in this game will be a war Another team that will give Snyder fits is Greenwood in that district.

lostaussie
07-04-2006, 11:20 AM
i think Atlanta will be back up to what there fans expect. i hope they are anyway. just doesn't seem right seeing the records they have had the last couple of years.

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 11:22 AM
Andrews
Snyder
Midland Greenwood
(most likely play-off reps...with Andrews going D.1)
Lamesa

They'll play District 4-3A in the first round

Lubbock Cooper
Seminole
Levelland
(most likely play-off reps...with Levelland going D.1)
Brownfield

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
I do think Sweetwater will have a great Football team next year and will beat Andrews if they play.

so you are saying that Andrews will be beat by Sweetwater next year...

wildstangs
07-04-2006, 11:26 AM
I doubt Andrews and Sweetwater will play. Wylie would have to miss the playoffs for Sweewater to go into Division 1.

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
so you are saying that Andrews will be beat by Sweetwater next year...

They won't play unless Abilene Wylie completely misses the
play-offs. I just can't see that even being a remote possibility.

That would make Sweetwater the big school in 7-3A. If Andrews
makes the play-offs they are big school no matter what.

wos fan1
07-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Silsbee will be good this year.

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2006, 11:36 AM
SWEETWATER IS GOOOD!!!

Phantom Stang
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
SWEETWATER IS GOOOD!!!
yep:cool: :p

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 11:41 AM
SWEETWATER IS GOOOD!!!

But, are they better than Sinton?:thinking:

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2006, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
But, are they better than Sinton?:thinking:

this coming year... yeah...

Gobbla2001
07-04-2006, 11:48 AM
Silsbee, ha, that reminded me of last year's deal when everyone from there got pissed because they weren't ranked high enough (or as it turned out, ranked a little too high)...

I'd say from what I know Bandera sounds pretty scary... I guess I'll get a better guage on them when Cuero travels to Bandera this year...

WTF-82
07-04-2006, 11:53 AM
no, Andrews will not beat Sweetwater this year if they play.

but I think they will be a scary opponent for anyone in west texas.

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 11:56 AM
this coming year... yeah...

Wow! An honest opinion about his home town team!:clap:

I didn't think that was allowed on this board. You better hope
that you don't get rommed for this.:D

Gobbla2001
07-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Hell, I think Sinton can be a scary team this year... the little guys down there may be scared of 'em, but the bigger ones may be caught lookin' past this set of Pie-Rats... those kids have a tradition now, add it with some heart and discipline and chit happens...

GS#17
07-04-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Silsbee, ha, that reminded me of last year's deal when everyone from there got pissed because they weren't ranked high enough (or as it turned out, ranked a little too high)...

I'd say from what I know Bandera sounds pretty scary... I guess I'll get a better guage on them when Cuero travels to Bandera this year...

A lot of people around here (SE TX) are saying Silsbee should have a pretty strong team. I'm not sold on them, yet. They may have a great team, but I just don't know what will make this year any different than the past few years.

The district is composed of 8 teams, 6 of which made the playoffs last year (WOS, Bridge City, Jasper, Silsbee, Kirbyville, and Hardin Jefferson). It will be tough enough for anyone to get out of district play, but I imagine if Silsbee can advance, they will be at least pretty good.

District303aPastPlayer
07-04-2006, 12:10 PM
its mostly about the losses that i am guaging this on...

Matthew328
07-04-2006, 12:51 PM
I think Rusk is scary......they were 7-4 last year.....but they have the house back and they have maybe the most exciting player in the state in Justin Sturns....keep an eye on them...

20-3A is such a loaded district this year..3 teams being led by Division 1 QB's

Rusk 7-4 last year see above

Carthage 7-5 last year good nucleus back and a stud QB in Marcus Bowman...

Crockett 8-2 last year and 10 starters back from a defense that may be one of the best in the state

Diboll is my dark horse....9 starters back on each side of the ball and they will have Moye for district play to add to that mix, the Lumberjacks always have great athletes.....they have an amazing 31 letterman back...

DaHop72
07-04-2006, 12:57 PM
Andrews was weak the last year, but other than that

Sweetwater could not beat Plainview or Frenship last year. Please Plainview went down to the wire with Stephenville last year in the playoffs.

Wylie maybe Snyder no way. And Sweetwater or Snyder has never dominated Andrews last year everyone had there licks at Andrews but they got better when district started and will be tough next year. In the past Andrews has got there licks on Sweetwater and Snyder.

I do think Sweetwater will have a great Football team next year and will beat Andrews if they play. Snyder and Andrews is a district game in this game will be a war Another team that will give Snyder fits is Greenwood in that district. :thinking: :thinking: :thinking: :doh: :hand:

eagles_victory
07-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
I think Rusk is scary......they were 7-4 last year.....but they have the house back and they have maybe the most exciting player in the state in Justin Sturns....keep an eye on them...

20-3A is such a loaded district this year..3 teams being led by Division 1 QB's

Rusk 7-4 last year see above

Carthage 7-5 last year good nucleus back and a stud QB in Marcus Bowman...

Crockett 8-2 last year and 10 starters back from a defense that may be one of the best in the state

Diboll is my dark horse....9 starters back on each side of the ball and they will have Moye for district play to add to that mix, the Lumberjacks always have great athletes.....they have an amazing 31 letterman back...

Rusk will be good for sure I dont know much about Carthage I dont think Crockett will be that good i wasnt impressed with them at all when I saw them last year even though they had a good season but Sturns is the real deal

eagles_victory
07-04-2006, 01:30 PM
Palestine is my sleeper team there kind of flying under the radar a little but there bringing most of there team back. I think they lost Paul Kennedy the running back who they " Gilmered" from Westwood last year. :D

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Palestine is my sleeper team there kind of flying under the radar a little but there bringing most of there team back. I think they lost Paul Kennedy the running back who they " Gilmered" from Westwood last year. :D

Palestine hasn't done anything since A.D. left have they?

eagles_victory
07-04-2006, 01:35 PM
They went to state semi finals and lost to Cuero the year after he left and got beat out by WOS in the second round last year.

Chris Hart
07-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Most people don't even pay these guys any mind since they are in the same district with Hutto, Cameron and Liberty Hill, but, the Taylor Ducks won't be a pushover for any of them three. IMPO, Taylor makes the playoffs in that district, and one of the others stay home. I know Cameron and Hutto both return alot of great players, but I think one of them will miss the playoffs and the other will accompany Liberty Hill and Taylor in the playoffs. You heard it here first. CAMERON or HUTTO WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS!

wordonthastreet
07-04-2006, 02:14 PM
The word on the street is that Greenwood will be improved over a year ago. They started a lot of sophomores and played Monahans tough in the district championship game. Andrews will be worse than a year ago. Talent drought. The Mustangs only get into the playoffs because of being in a 3 team district. Snyder and Sweetwater will reload and will be good again, as will Monahans and Abilene Wylie.

LH Panther Mom
07-04-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
Most people don't even pay these guys any mind since they are in the same district with Hutto, Cameron and Liberty Hill, but, the Taylor Ducks won't be a pushover for any of them three. IMPO, Taylor makes the playoffs in that district, and one of the others stay home. I know Cameron and Hutto both return alot of great players, but I think one of them will miss the playoffs and the other will accompany Liberty Hill and Taylor in the playoffs. You heard it here first. CAMERON or HUTTO WILL MISS THE PLAYOFFS!
:kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

Matthew328
07-04-2006, 02:29 PM
someone really good will be home come playoff time in that loop...

Matthew328
07-04-2006, 02:31 PM
experience is huge and Crockett especially on D has a ton of it....anytime you bring back that many starters its gonna spell a big improvement...

ILS1
07-04-2006, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart

You took the words right out of my mouth Chris!!! Taylor will go far this coming year. Alot of returning starters from a 4A team that just dropped down. Plus,they have a great coach in Cobia!!!

:clap:

tigerpride_08
07-04-2006, 05:57 PM
is there any good 4a's dropping down to 3a...because if there is, then i would put my money on them to cause some problems

sicem74
07-04-2006, 09:10 PM
bellville to much talent comin back most of them are the class of 2008 they might win the title as seniors?????????

PHS Wildcats
07-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Don't be suprise if Palestine makes some noise in the playoffs. Also if goes as planned Gilmer and LE would meet in the 1st round.

lostaussie
07-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by PHS Wildcats
Don't be suprise if Palestine makes some noise in the playoffs. Also if goes as planned Gilmer and LE would meet in the 1st round. palestine will be quite capable of doing some damage. the good thing is that IF we were to play it would be for all the marbles.

Cameron Crazy
07-04-2006, 09:32 PM
Quite confident arent you?:D

Big Boy John
07-04-2006, 10:16 PM
Sweetwater how good were they last year, and how far did they go in the playoffs. How Are they going to be this year.

Matthew328
07-04-2006, 10:59 PM
Sweetwater made the statse semis last year...lost to Tatum....lost a lot of their lines though....couple of real good backs in Banyard and Green.

IHStangFan
07-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Wow! An honest opinion about his home town team!:clap:

I didn't think that was allowed on this board. You better hope
that you don't get rommed for this.:D nah, the Pirate Nation are just already making excuses why Ingleside is going to thump em this year after the close call LAST year ;)

JUST KIDDING GUYS!!! but...not really :p

Phil C
07-05-2006, 08:36 AM
BEWARE OF THE HOWLING BEAR!!

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 10:44 AM
beware of the palacios sharks...they are on the rise:)

Ranger Mom
07-05-2006, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by wordonthastreet
The word on the street is that Greenwood will be improved over a year ago. They started a lot of sophomores and played Monahans tough in the district championship game.

Cool!! That's good to know!!

(I am so out of the loop)!:p

Sweetwater Red
07-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Matthew328
experience is huge and Crockett especially on D has a ton of it....anytime you bring back that many starters its gonna spell a big improvement...

Returning starters means alot if the team was good the year
before.

I think it was DCHSF or the AP poll a couple of years ago had
Atlanta ranked like #6 in their pre-season poll. Atlanta was
returning like 19 starters from a 3-7 team. They ended up
going 3-7 or 4-6.

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 11:25 AM
I think it was DCHSF or the AP poll a couple of years ago had
Atlanta ranked like #6 in their pre-season poll. Atlanta was
returning like 19 starters from a 3-7 team. They ended up
going 3-7 or 4-6.
Probably last year... they went 3-7 again. A lot of that had to do with the fact that Atlanta played the toughest schedule in 3A. They also had some injuries, but if you look at the past 10 years the Rabbits are probably one of the five best programs in 3A ball. That tradition probably went into the preseason rankings.

hutex04
07-05-2006, 07:44 PM
Liberty Hill will go 5-5 this year, mark that down. Taylor will fill in the 3rd spot and Hutto and Cameron Yoe will fight for first again this year. Just my 2 cents

wedo
07-05-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
needville always shakes up our district...

Needville is make sleeper pick in that district!! They had a good season last year and their coach is pretty dang good too!!!

DukeNukem
07-06-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Cool!! That's good to know!!

(I am so out of the loop)!:p

if greenwood can avoid injuries, stay out of trouble, and the washington kid plays, they will beat snyder in district. wishbone attack with wilbur, flowers, williams, and washington in the backfield is pretty tough.

big daddy russ
07-06-2006, 02:35 PM
I'll throw a vote in for Bandera. They should be pretty darn good.

Manck
07-06-2006, 04:28 PM
Liberty-Eylau. Mark it. Scary as hell. Maybe a #3 ranking is too high preseason, but I think ALL preseason rankings are too high...

icu812
07-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by Manck
Liberty-Eylau. Mark it. Scary as hell. Maybe a #3 ranking is too high preseason, but I think ALL preseason rankings are too high...

I agree. I've heard Gilmer will probably face them in Rd. 1 of the playoffs. Dallas Madison and Carthage are more than a little scary as well due to their incredible speed.

LHMom
07-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Originally posted by hutex04
Liberty Hill will go 5-5 this year, mark that down. Taylor will fill in the 3rd spot and Hutto and Cameron Yoe will fight for first again this year. Just my 2 cents

That will be hard to do since they only have 9 games.

Ranger Mom
07-06-2006, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by LHMom
That will be hard to do since they only have 9 games.

Why only 9?

LH Panther Mom
07-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Why only 9?
We were supposed to have a 6 team district, including Austin Johnston. Due to a counting snafu at realignment (UIL failed to include the count for an add'l campus...maybe "alternative"), Johnston was inadvertently put in 3a. Once the error was noticed by Johnston, it took a few days to get it worked out and them back in 4a. By that time the coaches were unable to find an additional game to fill that week. La Junta, Colorado was an option. :rolleyes: ;)

Cameron Crazy
07-06-2006, 08:21 PM
How far is Colorado Tx from LH?

LH Panther Mom
07-06-2006, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
How far is Colorado Tx from LH?
:confused: Huh? La Junta, CO is 735 miles from here. :doh:

kepdawg
07-06-2006, 08:29 PM
Respect your opinion. But, Sweetwater, Wylie, and Snyder of
last year would have beaten Frenship and Plainview

:rolleyes:

Sweetwater Red
07-06-2006, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by kepdawg
:rolleyes:

Hey, why the rolling of the eyes?

Sweetwater owns Plainview and Frenship...:D .

oh well
07-06-2006, 09:38 PM
Both schools wanted to play Sweetwater (Plainview & FRenship)know for a fact. Frenship had is scheduled even reworked there schedule and agreed to go play in Sweetwater. The answer was find another team........

Sweetwater Red
07-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by oh well
Both schools wanted to play Sweetwater (Plainview & FRenship)know for a fact. Frenship had is scheduled even reworked there schedule and agreed to go play in Sweetwater. The answer was find another team........

You got the story totally wrong. Sweetwater's AD called
SLC and Highland Park. Their answer was "No thanks, we really
want to try to go undefeated again next year".:D

Please...:doh:

What I said about Frenship and Plainview was just a joke. If you
had read some of the other threads involving Sweetwater and
Snyder you may have gotten it.

Highschoolfan78
07-07-2006, 11:24 AM
Wharton always has the talent.. so maybe they'll be my sleeper i guess if they can put it together.. I put alot of thought into this haha...