PDA

View Full Version : Gainesville

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 06:20 PM
I heard the Gainesville QB transfered to Cisco. His dad took a coaching job there. How many starters do the Leopards have coming back?

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 06:37 PM
I think his uncle was already the head coach at Cisco.

Gobbla2001
07-03-2006, 06:43 PM
Sounds legal to me... good to know something's goin' right in a town that begins with G :p

Chris Hart
07-03-2006, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Sounds legal to me... good to know something's goin' right in a town that begins with G :p It's hard to compete in the recruiting game in that neck of the woods. The University of Celina seems to get all the 5 stars. To get any of the other 5 stars, you have to go east and compete with Gilmer for them. The Buckeyes are new at the recruiting game, but, they're darn good at it, I might add...;)

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think his uncle was already the head coach at Cisco.

Yeah, Brent West. Cisco has been pretty good the last few years. This guy started at Mineral Wells his sophomore year and Gainesville his junior year.

I was really interested since Gainesville will be a first round opponent for our district.

GreenMonster
07-03-2006, 07:40 PM
I think West's Dad took an administration job this time instead of a coaching job. But like Injured said, his uncle is the head coach already.

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 07:53 PM
that is a coaching family if ever there was one. They have a good program in Cisco and he will help them alot.

Matthew328
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Gainesville will struggle this year....lost the house basically, West was about the only key player returning and he's at Cisco now....the Leps will struggle this year

lostaussie
07-03-2006, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
. The Buckeyes are new at the recruiting game, but, they're darn good at it, I might add...;) i really don't want to take that as a compliment:doh:

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 09:26 PM
What are the enrollment numbers for District 8? Is Gainesville's enrollment larger than Decaturs?

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I think Decatur is bigger. Maybe someone with DCTF handy can tell us for sure.

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
I think Decatur is bigger. Maybe someone with DCTF handy can tell us for sure.

Will be interesting for the playoffs. Looks like Wylie will have a familiar foe in round one of the big school bracket. I assume Bridgeport is smaller than Decatur and Gainesville.

KTJ
07-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by wildstangs
Is Gainesville's enrollment larger than Decaturs?

No.

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 10:00 PM
I predict frist round:

Wylie vs. Decatur

Sweetwater vs Gainesville

Breckenridge vs. Bridgeport

man i hope that i am right and Bport is in that district.. lol

bobcat1
07-04-2006, 05:18 AM
The University of Celina seems to get all the 5 stars.

Hey we weren't recruited and we are moving to Celina this month. My job is relocated in Frisco. Celina is 14 miles away.

Celina has enough "small town" left to still be attractive to me and my family. Coaching staff and facilities second to none, loaded with tradition, and they have the support of the entire community. My question to you is; Why in the heck would you want to move anywhere else if you had a 6'4-6'5 kid weighing 225 :eek: that is going to be a junior? :thinking:

lostaussie
07-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by bobcat1
Hey we weren't recruited and we are moving to Celina this month. My job is relocated in Frisco. Celina is 14 miles away.

Celina has enough "small town" left to still be attractive to me and my family. Coaching staff and facilities second to none, loaded with tradition, and they have the support of the entire community. My question to you is; Why in the heck would you want to move anywhere else if you had a 6'4-6'5 kid weighing 225 :eek: that is going to be a junior? :thinking: there ya go folks. straight from the parents mouth.

"i have to move, so why not make the best of it and put my kid in the best situation possible."

i think that is a very fair statement and a very honest one as well. welcome aboard bobcat1. what you have done happens hundreds of times every year in the state of texas. you only hear about it when it is a high profile player.

bobcat1
07-04-2006, 11:33 AM
Thanks lostaussie! You know at one time this same kid could have wound up at Gilmer. I was offered a managers position at a local car dealers lot there in Gilmer. Family did not want to move at the time. This time I had no choice. We checked out 4 towns close to Frisco and chose Celina for the school and more importantly the 1st Baptist Church there. We visited 2 times and felt right at home. :thumbsup:

KTJ
07-04-2006, 12:03 PM
We checked out 4 towns close to Frisco and chose Celina

Prosper, Little Elm, The Colony and Celina?

bobcat1
07-04-2006, 12:21 PM
Aubrey, Pilot Point, Celina, and Prosper. Wanted to stay in a small town if possible. Celina fits the bill nicely. Felt super welcome by everyone involved. Actualy looking back now, it was the only choice for me.

Leopards,class of 75
07-04-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Matthew328
Gainesville will struggle this year....lost the house basically, West was about the only key player returning and he's at Cisco now....the Leps will struggle this year And they lost a very good head coach that lead Gainesville to the state finals 2 out of the 3 years while head coach. They will have to start at the bottom and work their way back up.

Leopards,class of 75
07-04-2006, 01:38 PM
Aubrey, Pilot Point, Celina, and Prosper. Wanted to stay in a small town if possible. Celina fits the bill nicely. Felt super welcome by everyone involved. Actualy looking back now, it was the only choice for me. Where did your son play football last season bobcat?

3afan
07-04-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Chris Hart
It's hard to compete in the recruiting game in that neck of the woods. The University of Celina seems to get all the 5 stars. To get any of the other 5 stars, you have to go east and compete with Gilmer for them. The Buckeyes are new at the recruiting game, but, they're darn good at it, I might add...;)

another baseless accusation !!! ;)

Chris Hart
07-04-2006, 02:37 PM

Celina has enough "small town" left to still be attractive to me and my family. Coaching staff and facilities second to none, loaded with tradition, and they have the support of the entire community. My question to you is; Why in the heck would you want to move anywhere else if you had a 6'4-6'5 kid weighing 225 :eek: that is going to be a junior? :thinking: LOL! My post was meant to be a joke. The Celina recruiting stuff goes way back on the internet, and now Gilmer gets to feel a little of it come their way. If i relocated to the area(Celina or Gilmer area), the Bobcats and Buckeyes would definately be where I would send my child as well. I just think it's funny how some people on these boards think that even with some great, talented move-ins that already successful teams(Gilmer and celina) are for sure bets to be state champs. Gilmer and Celina should both field great teams in 06, but they're are alot of talented teams in 3A across Texas. Will these high profile transfers lead Gilmer to the title(I do think Gilmer is the #1 team in 3A in 06)? Maybe. But, without luck and health on a team's side, even those type teams don't win state. We had what we felt and still feel was a team superior to all the rest of 3A in 02, but injuries to our two top players late in the playoffs kept us from winning it all. Luck just wasn't on our side. If Gilmer stays healthy, I don't see anyone stopping them, on paper. Celina should make a great showing too, but, the odds of them moving up to 3A and winning it all first year are not as good. I think they'll both be great teams, and I hope to catch a game of each before the season is out. I've never got to watch either in person. Good luck to the Bobcats and welcome to the board!:)

Adidas410s
07-04-2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I think West's Dad took an administration job this time instead of a coaching job. But like Injured said, his uncle is the head coach already.
I'm not going to read the rest of this thread to see if somebody confirmed this...but this info is all true about the Admin job.

bobcat1
07-04-2006, 03:21 PM
Where did your son play football last season bobcat?

He played in Alvord in 1A. Late developer as some Big Kids are. Played JV as a defensive end. IMO he needs inside because he lacks a little speed in protecting the corner. But we will see how he develops this year and next. If he is like Dad, This year will be okay with next year, his coming out party:evilgrin: . A lot of pent up frustration due to lack of coordination, speed, and strength like a lot of big kids. I keep telling him his time is coming, keep lifting and running. Thanks for the welcome.:D