PDA

View Full Version : 3A QB Player Poll please vote now!!!!!!!!!

sicem74
07-03-2006, 12:36 PM
Who will have the best performance year in 3A!
If i left someone out tell me
lol the QB Ryan Mallet is Justin Sturns of Rusk my bad!

eagles_victory
07-03-2006, 12:43 PM
Why do you have one 4a qb and the rest are 3a

big daddy russ
07-03-2006, 01:34 PM
Out of those on that list I'll vote for Noack, but I think Anthony Ramos of Canyon will have the best season (as far as stats go) out of anyone in the state... and Bridgeport's Ryan Durbin will be right there. Kinne will be great, but I'm thinking they may bring him along slowly in a new system. Kitchens and Hicks will also put up huge passing numbers, as will Texarkana Liberty-Eylau's Will Middlebrooks.

Most of the rest are athlete/QB's, so they should have great years as dual-threats, but with Canyon's offense and Ramos' experience, I've got Ramos ahead of everyone else in passing yds and TDs.

Disclaimer: I don't know much about West or Sturns, so they could be the X-factor in that group.

Bullaholic
07-03-2006, 01:43 PM
Don't know about being considered one of the "best" in 3A, but I think that Ryan Durban of Bridgeport will be among the leaders in passing yards this season.

Cameron Crazy
07-03-2006, 01:46 PM
KYLE NOACK BABY!!!!!:clap: :clap: :clap:

big daddy russ
07-03-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
Don't know about being considered one of the "best" in 3A, but I think that Ryan Durban of Bridgeport will be among the leaders in passing yards this season.
I misread the question, but you're right.

As far as the best, it's up in the air between Ramos, Brian Scott, Will Middlebrooks, Kinne, Noack, WO-Stark's Earl Thomas (if he winds up playing QB), Kerley and Fitzhenry. If you pressed me right now I'd say Noack. I had to make a list to figure it out.

1. Noack
2. Kinne
3. Middlebrooks
4. Scott
5a. Ramos
5b. Kerley
5c. Fitzhenry
5d. Thomas

Tough question.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 02:06 PM
I haven't seen any of these kids play in person. Are they all pretty
much in passing offenses or do some of them put up huge
rushing numbers?

Old Green
07-03-2006, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I haven't seen any of these kids play in person. Are they all pretty
much in passing offenses or do some of them put up huge
rushing numbers? Kerley and Fitzhenry are in more rush oriented offenses, but can pass when needed. The rest are pass oriented.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2006, 02:22 PM
im gonna have to put a vote in for Joel Ansley QB for wharton because he has an amazing arm and can run in the 4.4's!!!....very impressive

eagles_victory
07-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by tigerpride_08
im gonna have to put a vote in for Joel Ansley QB for wharton because he has an amazing arm and can run in the 4.4's!!!....very impressive looks like we got another homer on are hands

lostaussie
07-03-2006, 02:40 PM
i thought sturns from rusk was a running back. mallett from texas high is 4a.

Fish's mom
07-03-2006, 02:57 PM
Voted for the one I've seen play. Sorry guys not very informed on the others. But I also believe there are ones that I have seen that are good that aren't on this list and you didn't have an other space on the poll. LOL

CHS_CG
07-03-2006, 03:26 PM
I voted for Kyle...seen him play a few times and was very impressed. Best of luck to all QB's this year though!

Cameron Crazy
07-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Voted for the one I've seen play. Sorry guys not very informed on the others. But I also believe there are ones that I have seen that are good that aren't on this list and you didn't have an other space on the poll. LOL
You have to remember that most of those are homer picks....so yeah :thinking:

icu812
07-03-2006, 03:50 PM
Kinne with the most passing yards

Sturns with the most rushing yards (he is a qb)

Kinne with the best season overall (good passing/running #'s and probably a D1 state championship)

Thats my 2 cents!

Gobbla2001
07-03-2006, 04:59 PM
Heck I voted for Kyle, call me a homer, but he's one of the only ones I've seen play... HE can bomb it and is VERY accurate... but he can run too no doubt about it, he's either 4.4 or 4.5, just hard to rack up anything rushing when you have quality running backs, but when he did run he did very well...

Ranger Mom
07-03-2006, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Heck I voted for Kyle, call me a homer, but he's one of the only ones I've seen play... HE can bomb it and is VERY accurate... but he can run too no doubt about it, he's either 4.4 or 4.5, just hard to rack up anything rushing when you have quality running backs, but when he did run he did very well...

Kinda hard to rack up any rushing OR passing yards when you only play til halftime the majority of the time!

STANG RED
07-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by icu812
Kinne with the most passing yards

Sturns with the most rushing yards (he is a qb)

Kinne with the best season overall (good passing/running #'s and probably a D1 state championship)

Thats my 2 cents!

That sounds about right to me.
I'll throw in another 3 cents with ya, and we'll call it a nickel.

West22
07-03-2006, 09:17 PM
i think mallet at texas is 4a

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-03-2006, 09:27 PM
I voted for Noack, too. The guy is a BA, benching 290, cleaning 320, and squatting 500+, on top of running a 4.42 in the 40. He can run and he can pass. A very gifted athlete and posted great numbers last year, and I see it happening again.

tigerpride_08
07-03-2006, 10:43 PM
well since no one went with my Ansley pick i did pick Kinne...i just heard so much about him that i chose him...i've seen novak play and yea i suppose he would be my second pick...

sicem74
07-04-2006, 09:13 PM
and the winner is gj kinne hooray lol next time i should put a day limit my bad yall

IHStangFan
07-04-2006, 11:00 PM
im gonna have to put a vote in for Joel Ansley QB for wharton because he has an amazing arm and can run in the 4.4's!!!....very impressive WOW, I GOTTA go watch this team....Russ...you in?

AggieJohn
07-04-2006, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by sicem74
Who will have the best performance year in 3A!
If i left someone out tell me
lol the QB Ryan Mallet is Justin Sturns of Rusk my bad!

long time no return

neck_06
07-04-2006, 11:44 PM
Jason "Re Te" Scott Columbia High School

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
WOW, I GOTTA go watch this team....Russ...you in?
Yes sir. I may be living in San Marcos, but I'd love to see them play West Columbia this year. Wharton's ALWAYS had more talent than just about any team out there. I remember when AP was loaded Tommy's senior year ('02-'03), they went up to Wharton and got their butts handed to them. And we're talking about a Panther team that probably should've won the D2 state championship.

neck_06
07-05-2006, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
Yes sir. I may be living in San Marcos, but I'd love to see them play West Columbia this year. Wharton's ALWAYS had more talent than just about any team out there. I remember when AP was loaded Tommy's senior year ('02-'03), they went up to Wharton and got their butts handed to them. And we're talking about a Panther team that probably should've won the D2 state championship.

it will prolly be a good game, if i make any games next year, this will prolly be the one. but i still have to go with my boys. it just seems like no matter how much talent or speed Wharton brings to the table, W.C. always seems to come out on top.....sorry tigers.

IHStangFan
07-05-2006, 01:20 AM
Yes sir. I may be living in San Marcos, but I'd love to see them play West Columbia this year. Wharton's ALWAYS had more talent than just about any team out there. I remember when AP was loaded Tommy's senior year ('02-'03), they went up to Wharton and got their butts handed to them. And we're talking about a Panther team that probably should've won the D2 state championship. yeah, living right up here now, I'm definately going to see Wharton and Columbia play. District 24 looks like it might be one to watch as far as good football and good rivals. I've heard it said that even Needville likes to shake things up in the district. Can't wait!!

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 01:21 AM
Originally posted by neck_06
it will prolly be a good game, if i make any games next year, this will prolly be the one. but i still have to go with my boys. it just seems like no matter how much talent or speed Wharton brings to the table, W.C. always seems to come out on top.....sorry tigers.
Yeah, but Wharton is one of those teams that can compete with anyone on any given day. To me, this will be one of the best games of the regular season. WC looks like a contender, and Wharton always has 22 guys who can absolutely fly.

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
yeah, living right up here now, I'm definately going to see Wharton and Columbia play. District 24 looks like it might be one to watch as far as good football and good rivals. I've heard it said that even Needville likes to shake things up in the district. Can't wait!!
I got to see Needville play LH up here in Bryan last year. They'll be tough, especially on D. They bring back a couple of studs, and even though they lost a pretty good RB, they have a couple other young 'uns coming up through the ranks who can motor.

neck_06
07-05-2006, 01:33 AM
Yeah, but Wharton is one of those teams that can compete with anyone on any given day. To me, this will be one of the best games of the regular season. WC looks like a contender, and Wharton always has 22 guys who can absolutely fly.

yup, speed kills...............until you get to Griggs.....

big daddy russ
07-05-2006, 01:41 AM
yup, speed kills...............until you get to Griggs.....
From what I hear, you guys have almost as much as they do.

IHStangFan
07-05-2006, 01:57 AM
yup, speed kills...............until you get to Griggs..... hey Neck, overall, do most of the teams in the district have alot of speed? is it at skill positions? any speed on D? I hear Columbia has speed, how bout everyone else?

Adidas410s
07-05-2006, 08:32 AM
fyi...Jacob West is at 2A Cisco not 3A Gainesville. His dad took a job in administration there.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 10:50 AM
us tigers will be ready this year...i predict a close one...but with columbia losing everyone except flannel...i think we can stop him...

neck_06
07-05-2006, 10:54 AM
us tigers will be ready this year...i predict a close one...but with columbia losing everyone except flannel...i think we can stop him...

thats what yall said the past two years, and he has busted 100 both times. don't forget about the twins (jason and justin scott) they will be playmakers for columbia on both O and D.

BTW: who did columbia lose that was important?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:03 AM
we have 7 starters returning on both sides...a more determined QB since ya'll took him out...our leading tackler back...Jamail Shelton which is getting recruited by big name schools(floridas one i hear)...and you can't deny we might of even won the game last year if ansley hadn't got hurt

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:10 AM
we have 7 starters returning on both sides...a more determined QB since ya'll took him out...our leading tackler back...Jamail Shelton which is getting recruited by big name schools(floridas one i hear)...and you can't deny we might of even won the game last year if ansley hadn't got hurt

first off, we did not "take out" ansley, it wasn't on purpose. second off, yall didn't lose because ansley got hurt, yall lost because yall's coaches took points off the board.

and you still haven't answered my question, who did we lose that suddenly gives yall the advantage?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:14 AM
well i didn't mean it like you took him out and yea our coaches did take off some points but still..and without you and vernor and fields...we don't have to worry for a long ball threat...

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
well i didn't mean it like you took him out and yea our coaches did take off some points but still..and without you and vernor and fields...we don't have to worry for a long ball threat...

fields didn't play against yall this year, he was in jail. and i was a non-factor (only caught one pass of 3 thrown to me) and we didn't even throw but maybe 15 passes the whole game......try again.

i do think the game will be close, but i still think that by the time we play yall, we will have everything figured out, all the spots filled and ready to play.........and win.

what position do you play? were you on the field last year?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:21 AM
im gonna be a linebacker this year...and no i didn't make the varsity level last year but i know enough to know we should have won...

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:24 AM
im gonna be a linebacker this year...and no i didn't make the varsity level last year but i know enough to know we should have won...

whatever you say young pup.............if you want to look at it, yall could have won everyone of the last 6 games that W.C. and Wharton have played (with the exception of the 2004 game 33-7), but yall still have yet to do it, and until that happens, i'm picking COLUMBIA

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:29 AM
i might be young but i was on the field with you in baseball season...and i maybe ya'll did make it farther in football playoffs then us, but we didn't get embarrassed 62-7...i have no doubts in my mind we would at least went 2 deep...not to take anything from needville though...and i hope you are there at the game to witness how good we'll be this year

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:32 AM
i might be young but i was on the field with you in baseball season...and i maybe ya'll did make it farther in football playoffs then us, but we didn't get embarrassed 62-7...i have no doubts in my mind we would at least went 2 deep...not to take anything from needville though...and i hope you are there at the game to witness how good we'll be this year

Not taking anything from Wharton, but last time i checked a loss to Stafford, Sweeny, and Needville don't get you into the playoffs. and yes Wimberley put it to us, but, they also put it to WOS and gainsville, so we are in good company. and i have no doubt that yall will be good, i just don't think yall can get it done.

BTW: if you are a linebacker, that makes it your job to tackle Flannel..........have fun with that (he's bulked up).

what position did you play in baseball?

football4life
07-05-2006, 11:34 AM
where the heck is Anthony Ramos from Canyon?!?!? sure he plays in a good system for numbers, but you gotta see the kid play to really see his all around ability. he's only about 5' 9, but you wouldn't know that watching him. Ask abilene wylie fans about him, i think they would be knowledgeable about that considering the kind of ability their qb also possessed.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:35 AM
i only pinch hit once against yall...#1...didnt see much action since i was only a sophomore..and yea my job will be to tackle flannel but as long as i slow him down i know our team will be there to back me up...and i might be only 5'7 162...but i don't give up easily on tackles...we're gonna have a stop a 6'2 200 something kid from waller in a scrimagge so i'll be use being roughed up...so don't worry about me

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:38 AM
i only pinch hit once against yall...#1...didnt see much action since i was only a sophomore..and yea my job will be to tackle flannel but as long as i slow him down i know our team will be there to back me up...and i might be only 5'7 162...but i don't give up easily on tackles...we're gonna have a stop a 6'2 200 something kid from waller in a scrimagge so i'll be use being roughed up...so don't worry about me

LMAO! sounds like you have everything figured out. did you pinch hit against me or vernor? what did you do?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:40 AM
i pinch hit against vernor...i grounded out to the first baseman but hey i had a heck of a season for being a bench player...313% 7 RBI's...i can't complain at least i made honerable metion all county...im not shot yet like you sorry

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:42 AM
i pinch hit against vernor...i grounded out to the first baseman but hey i had a heck of a season for being a bench player...313% 7 RBI's...i can't complain at least i made honerable metion all county...im not shot yet like you sorry

i'm not a hot shot. my record was only 5-5. my ERA was 1.32 and i have 100+ Ks, but i was 5-5, go figure. LOL!

so what are you going to play next year?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:45 AM
outfield...maybe DH...ours is moving to needville...the that hit the homer over there..mata...i might pitch alittle too since im lefty

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:47 AM
outfield...maybe DH...ours is moving to needville...the that hit the homer over there..mata...i might alittle too since im lefty

the big freshman or that other one? yall dropped two bombs on timmy.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:48 AM
the fish...i think wade hit the other one...

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:50 AM
that sucks that he is moving? what is the reason?

necks3
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
minks i think this kid is gonna be a STUD, i mean he grounded out againist tim, that takes some skill

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:51 AM
doesnt like coach ciruiti...thinks he screwed him over for all country...all district and newcomer of the year...but he failed out and thats why coach was hard on him...he was our ball boy in batting practice...:)

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by necks3
minks i think this kid is gonna be a STUD, i mean he grounded out againist tim, that takes some skill

LOL! that sucks that he moved. i think its crap when people worry about all the ALL-COUNTY and ALL-DISTRICT crap. they act like their coach votes on it. thats stupid, yall should bean him the first time he bats against yall.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:57 AM
we're thinking about it...he thinks he's gonna lead them to a championship or something...he thinks he doesnt have to play high school baseball to go somewhere for college

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 11:58 AM
and what did you play necks3...

neck_06
07-05-2006, 11:59 AM
we're thinking about it...he thinks he's gonna lead them to a championship or something...he thinks he doesnt have to play high school baseball to go somewhere for college

technically you dont, since no college scouts come to high school games cause they are playing too. but i haven't seen to many who get scholarships that don't play high school.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 12:00 PM
i thought ol blake had scouts on him his soph/junior year

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:01 PM
and what did you play necks3...

he was a bad a$$ at second base.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 12:02 PM
i dont remember him

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:05 PM
i thought ol blake had scouts on him his soph/junior year

you can't have scouts talk to you until July of your senior year, but yes, we both had scouts watching us in our junior year, but it was in the summer.....we did have pro scouts watching this year during high school, but there are never college scouts.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 12:07 PM
yea at our playoff series with liberty hill there was a pirates scout there for wade

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:08 PM
yea at our playoff series with liberty hill there was a pirates scout there for wade

yeah, that dude gets around....he was at a few of our games.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 12:11 PM
what did you think about liberty hill...i thought we could have beat them...i was looking forward to playing ya'll again:)

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:15 PM
what did you think about liberty hill...i thought we could have beat them...i was looking forward to playing ya'll again:)

they were alright, they were ready for me. i talked to one of their players and they said that they had the pitching machine set on 95 all week. LOL!

Gobbla2001
07-05-2006, 12:19 PM
early on:

tiger + neck = :mad: :foul: :tongue:

now:

tiger + neck = :inlove: :kiss: :D :inlove:

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:23 PM
LAMO! nah, just had to get my point across that Wharton won't beat Columbia. nice to see that you had fun reading it.

don't get me started on Cuero.........;)

Gobbla2001
07-05-2006, 12:25 PM

don't get me started on Cuero.........;)

ha... y'all are better in basketball and baseball (see, you don't have to start I just finished ha)

Gobbla2001
07-05-2006, 12:26 PM
On the subject of Kinne Jr., is Gilmer's offense the same as Canton's offense last year???

neck_06
07-05-2006, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
On the subject of Kinne Jr., is Gilmer's offense the same as Canton's offense last year???

don't know, but i'm sure they will throw the ball 70% of the time.

whartontigerBDC
07-05-2006, 01:02 PM
SO NECK IS ONE OF THE TWINS QB THIS YEAR?

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 01:34 PM
hey now..we just understand each other better now...

Old Tiger
07-05-2006, 01:38 PM
As for passing....Kinne and Noack will be close

As for rushing....Brock Fitzhenry - 4.3 in the 40 and an offense designed for him to thrive in. 2400+ yards rushing last year.

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 01:39 PM
passing imma go with Kinne...but new recievers to get use to might slow down the numbers maybe...:confused:

tigerpride_08
07-05-2006, 01:45 PM
and what i dont get is how novak is talked about so much why isnt he even ranked in the texas top 300...:confused: that's werid

Ranger Mom
07-05-2006, 01:58 PM
and what i dont get is how novak is talked about so much why isnt he even ranked in the texas top 300...:confused: that's werid

I'm assuming you mean "Noack"??

eagles_victory
07-05-2006, 02:04 PM
and what i dont get is how novak is talked about so much why isnt he even ranked in the texas top 300...:confused: that's werid Kyle has great skills the total package at qb I think hes a little underrated by DCTF I picked Kinne but Kyle is liked a lot on this site bc hes been on her before and hes a good kid and nice to everyone and people appreciate that and he has a nice looking sister that always helps.

btw nice game ur running over there neck06

Ranger Mom
07-05-2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
and he has a nice looking sister that always helps.

ROFL!!!!

Gobbler Fan
07-05-2006, 02:09 PM
Cuero's QB would have the ability to throw for over 3000+ with the recievers he has IF the offense was designed like Gilmers or Canton's but we also have a RB that will get 1500+ and another that may get close to that . I predict 2 of our Recievers will top the 1000 yard mark .Look for Gray to lead the way for the recievers .

Cuero used to be a smash mouth style offense with a*Im going to run this and you still cant stop me* type of mentality. But with Reeves we havent seen this type of passing/running mix ever and it's fun to watch ,you never know what the play is going to be it may be a bomb for 50+ or the back may break a 60 yard TD.

District303aPastPlayer
07-05-2006, 03:34 PM
Noack threw for 2666 yards last year.
32 Touchdowns...
and 4 Interceptions all year

HipposGitErDun
07-06-2006, 02:32 PM
I have not seen all of these play before, but I would not trade Jeremy Kerley for any of them. Scott from Cameron and Fitzhenry from Giddings are also VERY good. Jeremy may not put up huge numbers, but our strength of schedule means we play a very good defense every week.

Snydertigersrul
07-18-2006, 09:20 PM
What about Lance Day at Snyder

mrescape43
07-18-2006, 09:25 PM
Kinne. He has by far the best supporting cast.

Snydertigersrul
07-18-2006, 09:28 PM
Kinne is very overrated

BIG BLUE DEFENSIVE END
07-18-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
Noack threw for 2666 yards last year.
32 Touchdowns...
and 4 Interceptions all year
Yeah, not to mention all the rushing yards Kyle had. I'm not sure what the final tally was, but I'm thinking that he had over 3000 yards of total offense. He burned Jeremy Kerley in the open field so bad I thought he was going to need skin grafts.

Old Tiger
07-18-2006, 09:39 PM
Kitchens is the total package at QB. He just doesn't get the talk that the other top QB's get. I saw him burn a linebacker to the edge and then turn it up the field to the house for 50 something yards.

44INAROW
07-18-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Kinne. He has by far the best supporting cast.

nevermind....... what I said would be misconstrued..........