PDA

View Full Version : Teter named new AD at A&M-CC

pirate44
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Teter named new AD at A&M-CC
Cincinnati associate athletic director succeeds Viola as head man of Islanders sports programs

By staff reports
July 3, 2006

Cincinnati associate athletic director Brian Teter was named the Athletics Director at Texas A&M--Corpus Christi by president Flavius Killebrew Monday at a 10 a.m. press conference.

The position has been open since Dan Viola, the only Athletics Director since the program was re-started in 1997, handed in his resignation in late February.

Teter was the third of four candidates to be interviewed on campus for the position. The four finalists -- Teter, North Texas senior associate athletic director Hank Dickenson, Baylor associate athletic director Bill Chaves and Troy (Ala.) senior associate athletic director Scott Farmer -- were among 56 applicants.

During that interview process, Teter said he was attracted to the position because of A&M-Corpus Christi's newfound affiliation with the Southland Conference. The Islanders became full-fledge members of the Southland on Saturday.

CalallenWildcat
07-03-2006, 12:14 PM
Good guy to have on board. He's got connections to Conference USA and the Big East. He should be able to get us some good non-conference matchups in basketball and baseball (and other sports, those two just come to mind). And he ought to be able to market better than the Viola administration did.

pirate44
07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
i wonder how the whole "football by 2010" will play in all this

CalallenWildcat
07-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i wonder how the whole "football by 2010" will play in all this

Conference USA, baby! LMAO I wish...