PDA

View Full Version : Crane vs. Pecos

Wtx_coach
09-21-2003, 08:19 PM
This game should be a interesting one, the EAGLES have been stuggling a bit under the new installed offense, the Eagles are 3-1 and CRANE is number6 in 2A, the EAGLES are making up for the offense on the defensive side of the ball with the 3rd rank best defense in west texas in all classifications, I thik the Eagles will pull this one out by 3!!

wildstangs
09-21-2003, 08:33 PM
I am going with Crane by 10.

Wtx_coach
09-21-2003, 09:46 PM
wildstangs:
I am going with Crane by 10.Hey WILDSTAND, I respect your pick, but hey I know you probably thik this is the same old Pecos team, but beleive me, their new head coach has them going in the right direction, I think the Eagles need to win this game to get some respect!
Once again Eagles by 3!

Ranger Mom
09-21-2003, 09:56 PM
wtxcoach,
I haven't heard alot about Pecos this year. How are they doing, and who have they played so far??

Also, where is the Crane vs. Pecos game going to be?

wildstangs
09-21-2003, 09:56 PM
Crane has the tradition, thats why I go with them. If Pecos does knock them off, I will have tons of respect for Pecos. Where is the game at?

xlr8tor
09-21-2003, 10:13 PM
In my opinion Pecos has yet to prove themselves. Yes they are 3-1 on the season thus far. In week 0 they beat Midland Christian 15-8. Not all that impressive as Midland Christian seems to be down a bit this year. In week 1 they lost to 2A Alpine 13-8. Alpine is a decent 2A team. In week 2 they beat by Lamesa 19-12, who is having to struggle quite a bit. And then last week Pecos beat Brownfield 19-17. Brownfield, if my memory serves me correctly, is a mediocre 3A ball club. The game between Crane and Pecos will be at Pecos. At first glance I would say Crane would win easily. But Crane has an almost entirely new coaching staff, even though most of them came from perinnial 1A powerhouse Iraan, after former coach Alan Cherry left for Bay City. New coaching and thus new coaching techniques and schemes often take a little while to get down pat. So taking that into consideration as well as thier common opponent (Brownfield, which Crane beat 13-12) I believe this one might be pretty tight. I would still go with Crane, but not by much. Crane by 7. Just my take.

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 10:32 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

Wtx_coach
09-21-2003, 10:55 PM
xlrator- first of all you must be from west texas for never giving Pecos any credit, whoever Pecos beats is always no good in many peoples eyes around west texas,as far as the teams LAMESA just beat Levelland 7-6 wich is a 4A school ,and Pecos should easily be 4-0, and beleive me Midland Christian is bigger then any team Pecos will play this year besides Lubbock High which is a 5A school, The only way Pecos will probably get any credit is if they beat GEENWOOD which will probably not happen until next year!!

xlr8tor
09-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Wtx_coach:
xlrator- first of all you must be from west texas for never giving Pecos any credit, whoever Pecos beats is always no good in many peoples eyes around west texas,as far as the teams LAMESA just beat Levelland 7-6 wich is a 4A school ,and Pecos should easily be 4-0, and beleive me Midland Christian is bigger then any team Pecos will play this year besides Lubbock High which is a 5A school, The only way Pecos will probably get any credit is if they beat GEENWOOD which will probably not happen until next year!!Actually I live around Beaumont, but have lived in west Texas before. But let's analyze this a little closer. Beating Levelland is nothing to brag about for Lamesa. Lamesa is 1-2 thus far and they lost to 2 mediocre 3A teams, Lubbock Cooper and Pecos. Their only win is against 4A Levelland. But that is not saying much. 4A Levelland went 5-5 last year, 1-4 in district. Levelland hasn't made the playoffs since '96, before that it was '88, and before that it was '60. Levelland beat 3A Canyon 23-22, but Canyon is 0-3 so that means little. Then Levelland lost to 3A Littlefield 27-19. Little field is 2-1 beating 2A Abernathy, but getting whipped by 2A Shallowwater 41-0. So beating Levelland isn't any big feat. And beating a team (Lamesa who beat Levelland) isn't much to brag about either.

Beating Brownfield doesn't mean much either. Brownfield is 0-3 this year. They only made the playoffs last year for the first time since '95. But they are a mediocre team in my opinion. Brownfield went 6-5 last year, 4-1 in district. Decent team, but not exactly a 3A powerhouse.

2A Alpine, who Pecos lost to is a decent 2A ball club. They were a playoff team the last 2 years, one of those years being in 3A. They were pretty good that last year in 3A advancing to the 3rd round of the playoffs. But things have dropped off for them since then. They were 6-4 last year, 5-0 in district, but bowed out of the playoffs in the first round. You'd think they would do better moving down to 2A, but they seem to be slipping a bit. Of course, they will probably win thier district this year, but that isn't saying much either as their district is quite possibly the worst in all of 2A.

So with that in mind, they have yet to prove themselves, at least to me. If they beat Crane, a top 10 2A team I'll be very willing to give them some credit. And as you say, if they can take down Greenwood, they deserve much more credit. But anybody who keeps up with Permian Basin high school football, knows that Pecos hasn't exactly been the cream of the crop so to speak. Just my take.

<small>[ September 21, 2003, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: xlr8tor ]</small>

Wtx_coach
09-22-2003, 12:19 AM
xlr8tor:

Wtx_coach:
xlrator- first of all you must be from west texas for never giving Pecos any credit, whoever Pecos beats is always no good in many peoples eyes around west texas,as far as the teams LAMESA just beat Levelland 7-6 wich is a 4A school ,and Pecos should easily be 4-0, and beleive me Midland Christian is bigger then any team Pecos will play this year besides Lubbock High which is a 5A school, The only way Pecos will probably get any credit is if they beat GEENWOOD which will probably not happen until next year!!Actually I live around Beaumont, but have lived in west Texas before. But let's analyze this a little closer. Beating Levelland is nothing to brag about for Lamesa. Lamesa is 1-2 thus far and they lost to 2 mediocre 3A teams, Lubbock Cooper and Pecos. Their only win is against 4A Levelland. But that is not saying much. 4A Levelland went 5-5 last year, 1-4 in district. Levelland hasn't made the playoffs since '96, before that it was '88, and before that it was '60. Levelland beat 3A Canyon 23-22, but Canyon is 0-3 so that means little. Then Levelland lost to 3A Littlefield 27-19. Little field is 2-1 beating 2A Abernathy, but getting whipped by 2A Shallowwater 41-0. So beating Levelland isn't any big feat. And beating a team (Lamesa who beat Levelland) isn't much to brag about either.

Beating Brownfield doesn't mean much either. Brownfield is 0-3 this year. They only made the playoffs last year for the first time since '95. But they are a mediocre team in my opinion. Brownfield went 6-5 last year, 4-1 in district. Decent team, but not exactly a 3A powerhouse.

2A Alpine, who Pecos lost to is a decent 2A ball club. They were a playoff team the last 2 years, one of those years being in 3A. They were pretty good that last year in 3A advancing to the 3rd round of the playoffs. But things have dropped off for them since then. They were 6-4 last year, 5-0 in district, but bowed out of the playoffs in the first round. You'd think they would do better moving down to 2A, but they seem to be slipping a bit. Of course, they will probably win thier district this year, but that isn't saying much either as their district is quite possibly the worst in all of 2A.

So with that in mind, they have yet to prove themselves, at least to me. If they beat Crane, a top 10 2A team I'll be very willing to give them some credit. And as you say, if they can take down Greenwood, they deserve much more credit. But anybody who keeps up with Permian Basin high school football, knows that Pecos hasn't exactly been the cream of the crop so to speak. Just my take.XLRATOR- I may self has never said they were the cream of the crop, and know they havent been in a while,you know GREENWOOD wasnt teh cram of teh crop either for years, they used to be horrible but look at them now, every team has its runs remember that, but hey I was just asking for a litte credit, but it seems like your not giving any but thats o.k, but this a way differnet PECOS team this year under are new head coach, not saying that they are the best team but they are decent and will put a fight

Gobbla2001
09-22-2003, 12:25 AM
Pecos is winning, which is more than any of us expected... Comapred to last year's record at this time of the season, you can see an improvement...

I'll take Crane in this one because they're really dangerous, but 'upset' might be a word seen in the post-game article...

xlr8tor
09-27-2003, 04:32 PM
Okay, I'll give Pecos a little, just a little, credit. They played a good 2A Crane team close. But, Crane is just 2A. Pecos seems to be turning things around a bit. Being in a weak district will help them make the playoffs. I see it with Greenwood winning district, followed by Kermit, Pecos, and maybe Monohans. 2nd and 3rd places should be up for grabs between Pecos and Kermit. But Pecos, assuming they make the playoffs will go Div. 1 and should get beat rather soundly in the first round by Sweetwater, assuming Snyder doesn't make the playoffs. But, Snyder should beat Pecos too, if they were to advance. Just my take.

1 ranger fan
09-27-2003, 11:22 PM
I'm sorry, but I have got to put a stop to this. Wtx coach maybe Pecos is better than they were last year. That's great. And I hope you have a great year. But, let's see what you do against our district. I don't believe that you will win a district game. I know you won't beat kermit or Monahans. Maybe Ft. Stockton. Greenwood is better this year than last, so I know you won't beat them. And to say you will next year is crazy. Nobody knows what next year will bring. If it makes you feel better to say that, then go ahead. I would look at Greenwoods player coming back and the players coming up before I spouted off about beating Greenwood. If you think Greenwood is going to be down, go watch when our Jr. High teams play your Jr. High teams. Our 8th. grade team is absolutely awesome. So let's play out the games and see what happens. And let's let next year come next year. I think it's great that you feel the way you do and I hope your coaching staff is changing things in Pecos. Good Luck

3afan
09-28-2003, 12:04 AM
wildstangs:
Crane has the tradition, thats why I go with them. If Pecos does knock them off, I will have tons of respect for Pecos. Where is the game at?!
tradition does not win games, it gets you ranked in the preseason ...
!

Wtx_coach
09-28-2003, 07:43 PM
1 ranger fan:
I'm sorry, but I have got to put a stop to this. Wtx coach maybe Pecos is better than they were last year. That's great. And I hope you have a great year. But, let's see what you do against our district. I don't believe that you will win a district game. I know you won't beat kermit or Monahans. Maybe Ft. Stockton. Greenwood is better this year than last, so I know you won't beat them. And to say you will next year is crazy. Nobody knows what next year will bring. If it makes you feel better to say that, then go ahead. I would look at Greenwoods player coming back and the players coming up before I spouted off about beating Greenwood. If you think Greenwood is going to be down, go watch when our Jr. High teams play your Jr. High teams. Our 8th. grade team is absolutely awesome. So let's play out the games and see what happens. And let's let next year come next year. I think it's great that you feel the way you do and I hope your coaching staff is changing things in Pecos. Good Luck#1 ranger punk, first of all son im not a coach anymore, second of all you really think low of a decent football team this year, I can bet anybody a million dollars that Pecos will win more then 1 game this year in district, you just keep on talking son and you will see,when you guys play Pecos on the last week of the year you guys will be playing for the district title that night!!

Wtx_coach
09-28-2003, 07:45 PM
oh yea number 1 fan, this years greenwoods team is not better then last years state finalist team!

wildstangs
09-28-2003, 07:51 PM
3afan:

wildstangs:
Crane has the tradition, thats why I go with them. If Pecos does knock them off, I will have tons of respect for Pecos. Where is the game at?!
tradition does not win games, it gets you ranked in the preseason ...
!Still won the game.