PDA

View Full Version : I remember...

CalallenWildcat
07-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Going to Sinton a few years back (2nd year of the Sinton-GP annual game) and watching GP pull out a close game. There was a play that Sinton returned a kickoff for a TD but it was called back completely because there was lightning in the area (or so I was told). When they restarted the game GP kicked off again and Sinton funbled the ball. GP ended up scoring again like 2 plays later.

Anyway, I bring the game up not because of that play, but because I remember a Sinton fan selling "War of 181" t-shirts. Does anyone have a pic of those shirts? Thanks.

District303aPastPlayer
07-03-2006, 10:00 AM
can they do that? call back a play if its in progress

CalallenWildcat
07-03-2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
can they do that? call back a play if its in progress

The story on that play goes like this...the lightning was registered shortly before the kickoff and the referee was notified just before the ball was kicked. However, he (for whatever reason) was not able to stop the play before the kick occurred. Sinton scored a TD and then the play was called back. All the other refs went along with him...there was a short conference but they rekicked after a 5 minute lightning delay. Don't know if it was legal or not. GP ended up winning that game 27-7 I believe.