PDA

View Full Version : Just saw the dumbest thing ever.

Fal44
07-02-2006, 09:57 PM
Ok well my town had a Rodeo,Fiesta and a Firework show on the second of July! Why just why would they do that!

injuredinmelee
07-02-2006, 09:58 PM
becasue more people are off tomorrow than would be on wednesday the day after the 4th? Just probably their thinking

Fal44
07-02-2006, 10:00 PM
Yea you got your point but still they could have at least saved the fireworks for the 4th

injuredinmelee
07-02-2006, 10:02 PM
your right they are better on the 4th. The rodeo and all they need people there for revenue so they did it ona day when they could get more people there. IT will probably rain here on the 4th and ruin our fireworks.

SWMustang
07-02-2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
IT will probably rain here on the 4th and ruin our fireworks.

I wouldn't complain too much about rain

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/pattonwb/lake.jpg

injuredinmelee
07-02-2006, 10:50 PM
we sure could use it.

Ranger Mom
07-02-2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
we sure could use it.

No joke...there has been all kinds of crap here about banning ALL fireworks this year....it didn't pass though.

Now we just can't shoot anything with a stick or fin on it...which pretty much knocks out all the fun ones.

I'm not even buying fireworks this year....they scare my dogs anyway!!

Fal44
07-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Hey Ranger mom you like ur myspace comment..? :D

Ranger Mom
07-02-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Fal44
Hey Ranger mom you like ur myspace comment..? :D

Yes..thanks!!

I planned on leaving lots of comments yesterday, but I decided dial-up is NOT the way to do it...I will have to wait until I go back to work Wednesday to get caught up on my comments!

Cameron Crazy
07-02-2006, 11:17 PM
Well happy 4th for everyone (kinda random huh) lol:D

Ranger Mom
07-02-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
Well happy 4th for everyone (kinda random huh) lol:D

Especially on the 2nd!:p

DU_stud04
07-03-2006, 12:59 AM
sweetwater had their firework show today as well...not thesame as the 4th but i guess now i can watched them in arlington and laugh at what i saw here in sH20

CalallenWildcat
07-03-2006, 08:11 AM
Adams, writing to wife Abigail, on the proceedings in the Continental Congress that occured on July 2, 2006...

It ought to be commemorated, as the Day of Deliverance by solemn Acts of Devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, guns, Bells, Bonfires and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more. You will think me transported with Enthusiasm but I am not. I am well aware of the Toil and Blood and Treasure, that it will cost Us to maintain this Declaration, and support and defend these States. Yet through all the Gloom I can see the Rays of ravishing Light and Glory. I can see that the End is more than worth all the Means. And that Posterity will tryumph in that Days Transaction, even altho We should rue it, which I trust in God We shall not...The Second Day of July 1776 will be the most memorable Epocha, in the History of America. . . . It ought to be solemnized with Pomp and Parade, with Shews, Games, Sports, Guns, Bells, Bonfires, and Illuminations from one End of this Continent to the other from this Time forward forever more

-John Adams, letter to Abigail Adams, July 3, 1776

Why? http://www.thedeclarationofindependence.org/

On July 2, 1776 both Robert Morris and John Dickinson deliberately abstained by not attending the session and the remaining Pennsylvania delegation voted for independence. South Carolina leader's son, Arthur Middleton, chose to ignore his absent and ailing father's Tory wishes changing the colony's position to aye. Finally the great patriot Caesar Rodney with his face riddled with cancer rode all night through the rain and a lightening storm arriving in time to break the Delaware 1 to 1 deadlock by casting the third vote for independence. Thus all 12 colonies voted on July 2nd and adopted the resolution, introduced by Richard Henry Lee and John Adams, declaring independence from Great Britain:

``Resolved, That these United Colonies are, and of right ought to be, free and independent states, that they are absolved from all allegiance to the British Crown, and that all political connection between them and the state of Great Britain is, and ought to be, totally dissolved.''

On July 2, 1776 the United Colonies of America officially became the United States of America.

STANG RED
07-03-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
sweetwater had their firework show today as well...not thesame as the 4th but i guess now i can watched them in arlington and laugh at what i saw here in sH20

I was able to watch them from my back yard. Actually I thought they were pretty decent for a small town show. Pretty solid for about 30 minutes or so. They may not stack up to a big city show, but I liked them just fine.

DU_stud04
07-03-2006, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I was able to watch them from my back yard. Actually I thought they were pretty decent for a small town show. Pretty solid for about 30 minutes or so. They may not stack up to a big city show, but I liked them just fine.

i was suprised, for a small town they did a really good job. my dad was impresed, the finaly was good. i think the whole show lasted a good 40 minutes.

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 12:16 PM
Abilene has moved their firworks show to the park across the street from Shotwell Stadium. This might actually allow for better parking or tailgating. Hopefully I will be able to see it well from my parents house.