PDA

View Full Version : Back In Texas!!!

IHStangFan
07-02-2006, 02:27 AM
okay guys and gals....I am back in Texas after living the last year and a half in Arizona. I am located on the south west side of the greater Houston area. This affords me the op. to watch some GREAT football this year in all classes. I'm particularly excited about being close enough to, and maybe getting to see teams like Columbia, Wharton, Sealy, etc. play. There is a small possiblity I may be residing somewhere near Needville in the near future. AWESOME!! :)

great to be back in TX!! now bring on the football!!

Fal44
07-02-2006, 03:12 AM
welcome back to Texas! Turns on the Mase Song- welcome back!

Gobbla2001
07-02-2006, 09:14 AM
welcome back to Tejas ttt

Fish's mom
07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Welcome back. No place better.

injuredinmelee
07-02-2006, 11:30 AM
Welcome Home!

Sweetwater Red
07-02-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan
okay guys and gals....I am back in Texas after living the last year and a half in Arizona. I am located on the south west side of the greater Houston area. This affords me the op. to watch some GREAT football this year in all classes. I'm particularly excited about being close enough to, and maybe getting to see teams like Columbia, Wharton, Sealy, etc. play. There is a small possiblity I may be residing somewhere near Needville in the near future. AWESOME!! :)

Serious question... What is HS football like in Arizona? My guess
would be there is alot of travel involved between schools.

IHStangFan
07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Serious question... What is HS football like in Arizona? My guess
would be there is alot of travel involved between schools. nah, not really, its just kinda missing something. there isnt that community rally around the teams, and it seems to me that their playoff system is totally different...i'm not sure, but it seems to me that once district is over, and you start the playoffs...its considered "going to state" cause it seems EVERY team i saw out there "went to state" and i never really saw anything too impressive.

Cameron Crazy
07-02-2006, 04:10 PM
Welcome back i dont know you but welcome home!

big daddy russ
07-02-2006, 05:17 PM
It's good to have you back, B. It's looking more and more like Larry Joe Taylor's on tomorrow night in Port Lavaca. Gobbla2k1 said he'd be there. You should try to make it out. I'll call you later tonight.

I still haven't met that little AZ senorita of yours. If she made it down with you, she should come too. Amanda and her would have a great time laughing at us.

IHStangFan
07-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by big daddy russ
It's good to have you back, B. It's looking more and more like Larry Joe Taylor's on tomorrow night in Port Lavaca. Gobbla2k1 said he'd be there. You should try to make it out. I'll call you later tonight.

I still haven't met that little AZ senorita of yours. If she made it down with you, she should come too. Amanda and her would have a great time laughing at us. hey Russ, thanks man! yeah, I'll try, but I've got a few projects I'm workin on right now, one is a deer blind I REALLY need to get done. Kristen will be out here on the 12 through about the 16th for job interviews. We'll have to get together!!

big daddy russ
07-02-2006, 08:07 PM
Sounds good. Just give me the word.

IHStangFan
07-03-2006, 12:17 PM
Sounds good. Just give me the word. alright dude, will do. so which piece did your buddy go with?

big daddy russ
07-03-2006, 01:18 PM
alright dude, will do. so which piece did your buddy go with?
Neither yet. He's an EMT and firefighter right now over in Jersey Village (kinda sorta your neck of the woods) and is thinking of going into law enforcement. He was looking at the Glock and Beretta, but after I showed him what you had to say I think he's going to take a look at the Springfields.

SintonFan
07-03-2006, 01:29 PM

Welcome back home.:clap:

IHStangFan
07-03-2006, 03:12 PM
Neither yet. He's an EMT and firefighter right now over in Jersey Village (kinda sorta your neck of the woods) and is thinking of going into law enforcement. He was looking at the Glock and Beretta, but after I showed him what you had to say I think he's going to take a look at the Springfields. rgrgr that. in my opinion the Glocks are WAY over-rated junk, the Berettas are not much better (the ones I have fired anyway) the handguns to own in MY opinion are the H&K USP series, just about any Kimber, Sig Sauer, etc etc, but for the money, its hard to go wrong w/ the Springfield XD. you can get em in 9mm, .40, .357 Sig (not to be confused w/ .357 magnum) and .45GAP, (not to be confused w/ .45ACP) the .40 is a good all around cal. that is fairly easy to find. the .357Sig is similar to the .40, its a tad bit faster as far as velocity, but its expensive and harder to find. i could go on and on, PM me if you'd like to hear more, LOL.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 03:17 PM
Man, somebody knows their guns.

So, how long have you been a member of the NRA?:D

IHStangFan
07-03-2006, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Man, somebody knows their guns.

So, how long have you been a member of the NRA?:D i'm embarrassed to actually admit that i'm NOT a member of the NRA :doh:

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 03:23 PM
i'm embarrassed to actually admit that i'm NOT a member of the NRA :doh:

I'm embarassed to admit that I am a member and have never
owned a gun. :D

My Grandpa kinda pushed me into joining by registering for me
and then telling me about it.:D

big daddy russ
07-03-2006, 04:03 PM
rgrgr that. in my opinion the Glocks are WAY over-rated junk, the Berettas are not much better (the ones I have fired anyway) the handguns to own in MY opinion are the H&K USP series, just about any Kimber, Sig Sauer, etc etc, but for the money, its hard to go wrong w/ the Springfield XD. you can get em in 9mm, .40, .357 Sig (not to be confused w/ .357 magnum) and .45GAP, (not to be confused w/ .45ACP) the .40 is a good all around cal. that is fairly easy to find. the .357Sig is similar to the .40, its a tad bit faster as far as velocity, but its expensive and harder to find. i could go on and on, PM me if you'd like to hear more, LOL.
LOL. Yeah, he saw that they were in the $400-$500 range and was all about it. Those Glocks are pretty expensive.

The only handgun I've ever owned is that old Colt .45 of my great, great grandpa's... that's why I told my buddy I'd ask you. It hasn't even been fired in the better part of 10 years. I'll probably wind up taking it out sometime soon. I really need to fire off all my guns. My old 30-30 hasn't been fired in about three or four years. Neither has my .270 or my .410. Hell, it's been over a year since I've used my 12 gauge. All this talk is giving me the itch.

IHStangFan
07-03-2006, 04:36 PM
LOL. Yeah, he saw that they were in the $400-$500 range and was all about it. Those Glocks are pretty expensive.

The only handgun I've ever owned is that old Colt .45 of my great, great grandpa's... that's why I told my buddy I'd ask you. It hasn't even been fired in the better part of 10 years. I'll probably wind up taking it out sometime soon. I really need to fire off all my guns. My old 30-30 hasn't been fired in about three or four years. Neither has my .270 or my .410. Hell, it's been over a year since I've used my 12 gauge. All this talk is giving me the itch. tell me about it. i just got my EOTech site back for the AR15, anxious to get it sighted in, my 22-250 is not ejecting rounds for some reason..pissed about that. i DID get to shoot my .45LC lever action a few weeks ago...its just ammo is freakin EXPENSIVE for that thing, like $28 a box as Wally Martinez...i need to get w/ Kelli Hydrick's dad and see if he'll reload em for me! Kristen has laid claim to the Marlin 22mag and the Walther P22, LOL..a woman that likes to shoot guns...what can i say.

big daddy russ
07-03-2006, 04:51 PM
tell me about it. i just got my EOTech site back for the AR15, anxious to get it sighted in, my 22-250 is not ejecting rounds for some reason..pissed about that. i DID get to shoot my .45LC lever action a few weeks ago...its just ammo is freakin EXPENSIVE for that thing, like $28 a box as Wally Martinez...i need to get w/ Kelli Hydrick's dad and see if he'll reload em for me! Kristen has laid claim to the Marlin 22mag and the Walther P22, LOL..a woman that likes to shoot guns...what can i say.
Sounds like you got a keeper. ;)

I still remember when you got that 22-250. You were stoked... and we went up to your ranch on the lake and killed stuff. Good times. Come to think of it, that may have been the time Angie saw me naked on the living room floor, LOL.

Hey man, I'm still looking for someone other than Browning that makes a lever action .270 or 30-06. If you know of any out there for less than $800 (whether it's a gunsmith or a manufacturer) let me know.

Bullaholic
07-03-2006, 04:57 PM
Welcome home, IHStangFan.....looking forward to having a lot of "fun" with you on the board again---I know you are a young man who appreciates having a good time, and loves his football.

AP Panther Fan
07-03-2006, 05:26 PM
Woo Hoo.....Look who's back!:D

Since you are back this close, I bet you will be making some of the Ingleside games. Guess the date to put on your calendar is when Ingleside and AP play!:D

Glad you are back home!

IHStangFan
07-03-2006, 06:32 PM
hey Panther Fan, you know I'll try!! Bully, I'm DEFINATELY looking forward to some football and some good old fashioned ribbing and poking at some of you guys and gals :)

Russ, I'm not too sure that a lever action in a large cal. such as 30.06 is going to be easy to find. most of those calibers are used for hunting these days, and in a hunting rifle, most people want a bolt action due to the fact that they are the most accurate design due to the fact that they are a more solid platform, less moving parts, chamber is closed in, etc.

sinton66
07-03-2006, 07:08 PM
Click your heels together and repeat after me, "There's no place like Texas, there's no place like Texas"!!!!. Welcome back my friend.;)