PDA

View Full Version : Some interesting notes from DCTF 2006 Ed.

IHStangFan
07-02-2006, 01:52 AM
so I picked up my copy of Dave Campbell's Texas Football 2006 today. As I read through, I ran across some interesting things.

*Ingleside picked over Sinton in 30-3A
(pre-season ranked 22nd in 3A) which both shocked me.

*Celina moved up from 2A to 3A and managed to still be ranked #14 in 3A. I know they're good...but??

*Ingleside enrollment is 615, Sinton is 596, which makes Ingleside the Div. I rep. and Sinton the Div II. in 29-3A Gonzales is the Div. I rep, and Cuero is Div. II rep......hmmm.

*Zapata's enrollment is 857!?! DANG!

*2-2A, Friona is picked to win the district over Muleshoe?

*Texarkana Texas High's QB is 6'7", 240lbs and still manages a 4.9?! thats a big kid!!

*Callallen's Wes Danaher holds SEVERAL Texas HS state records....whatver happened to him?

*DC predicts Baylor will beat A&M

*Army is scheduled to play a few Big 12 teams

*DC predicts UT will lose to OU, and they seem to think that OU will be a force to be reckoned with

these are just a few things I've run across so far. What have you guys noticed? Some questionable things, some suprising things. Interesing to say the least.

IHStangFan
07-02-2006, 02:24 AM
***UPDATE***

***?!?!? I had NO idea that the Stangs lost their QB. no disrespect to anyone, but this TOTALLY changes things for the Mustangs. Chrisman was the key cog in the wheel that made that particular offense work......back to the drawing board for Hesseltine.

crap.

hawkfan
07-02-2006, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by IHStangFan

*Celina moved up from 2A to 3A and managed to still be ranked #14 in 3A. I know they're good...but??

Actually, I think they are ranked to low. I saw some film from last season at a coaches clinic. They were nothing but a bunch of freakin animals!

rgn4fb
07-02-2006, 09:21 AM

*Ingleside enrollment is 615, Sinton is 596, which makes Ingleside the Div. I rep. and Sinton the Div II. in 29-3A Gonzales is the Div. I rep, and Cuero is Div. II rep......hmmm.

Those are the teams only assuming all four of those teams make the playoffs. Ingleside and Sinton both have some questions that need to be answered especially with AP improving and West Oso and Orange Grove in the District. That district could be very interesting and it is difficult to make playoff picks so early. Cuero is probably a given, but they could be the Div I rep if Gonzales doesn't make the playoffs. It is going to be an interesting season

rgn4fb
07-02-2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
Actually, I think they are ranked to low. I saw some film from last season at a coaches clinic. They were nothing but a bunch of freakin animals! I know their OC and he has been at Celina 13 years and has 6 state championships. Man what a coaching career. Celina probably is ranked too low.

Gobbla2001
Originally posted by rgn4fb
Those are the teams only assuming all four of those teams make the playoffs. Ingleside and Sinton both have some questions that need to be answered especially with AP improving and West Oso and Orange Grove in the District. That district could be very interesting and it is difficult to make playoff picks so early. Cuero is probably a given, but they could be the Div I rep if Gonzales doesn't make the playoffs. It is going to be an interesting season

It's a five team district and I really see Gonzales in this year, I seriously doubt they lose out, which stinks because everyone wants the possibility of Gilmer/Cuero... we'll see what happens but I honestly believe Gonzales is in...

LH Panther Mom
If they had listened to PPHSfan, they'd be ranked # 2. :devil:

Fish's mom
07-02-2006, 09:37 AM
***UPDATE***

***?!?!? I had NO idea that the Stangs lost their QB. no disrespect to anyone, but this TOTALLY changes things for the Mustangs. Chrisman was the key cog in the wheel that made that particular offense work......back to the drawing board for Hesseltine.

crap.

Oh, where have you been IHStangFan? Old news and we are covered. Ingleside will still be in great shape for the season.
Need to know more just PM me.

District303aPastPlayer
07-02-2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Fish's mom
Oh, where have you been IHStangFan? Old news and we are covered. Ingleside will still be in great shape for the season.
Need to know more just PM me.

wonder why you are partial :D

Fish's mom
07-02-2006, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
wonder why you are partial :D

:p :p Cause Fish aint a fish anymore HAHAHA:) :)

Da Mules
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
so I picked up my copy of Dave Campbell's Texas Football 2006 today. As I read through, I ran across some interesting things.

*2-2A, Friona is picked to win the district over Muleshoe?

Old Dave been throwin' darts again for his picks. Ain't gonna happen.. da Mules been whuppin' them Chieftains at every level for about the last 3-4 years straight.

Maroon87
07-11-2006, 02:48 PM
*Callallen's Wes Danaher holds SEVERAL Texas HS state records....whatver happened to him?

He went to SMU and suffered some knee injuries. Never saw the field much. I saw him at a couple of playoff games last year but I never got to ask him what he's doing now.

Adidas410s
07-11-2006, 02:57 PM
In the results of the Texas Bowl games...it mistakenly lists Throckmorton as Southlake Carroll. I don't remember the specifics as my magazine is at home...but I remember I felt sorry for those Throckmorton kids.