PDA

View Full Version : Snyder whips Sweetwater again

Snydertigersrul
07-01-2006, 09:35 PM
Why all of the talk about stadiums? Sweetwater's 9-10 all-stars traveled 35 miles tonight and took a 55-minute whipping at the hands of the future Tigers, 10-0. It would have been worst but the game ended in the fourth inning with no outs on the 10-run rule.

DaHop72
07-01-2006, 10:46 PM
11-12 year old All-Star game

Snyder 18
Sweetwater 3

Sweetwater Red
07-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Snydertigersrul
Why all of the talk about stadiums? Sweetwater's 9-10 all-stars traveled 35 miles tonight and took a 55-minute whipping at the hands of the future Tigers, 10-0. It would have been worst but the game ended in the fourth inning with no outs on the 10-run rule.

How will this help Snyder's Varsity beat Sweetwater next time
they play?:thinking:

Gobbla2001
07-02-2006, 11:59 AM
I heard Snyder has bids on the first mega shopping center in that area as well... that can't make Sweetwater happy :mad:

Sweetwater Red
07-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Won't hurt us a bit. We get the shoppers from the south and west. Snyder will have to compete with Lubbock. Good luck with that.:D

Snydertigersrul
07-02-2006, 04:28 PM
Those same players will comprise the varsities in a few years for both schools in baseball, as well as other sports. To refresh your memory, Snyder swept Sweetwater in both games last baseball season, both by big margins. I'm just hoping that the Mustangs do make it to the playoffs so we can play them next year. Maybe this time they can make an extra point kick.

Cameron Crazy
07-02-2006, 04:40 PM
O man.....im spechless:doh:

wildstangs
07-02-2006, 04:41 PM
Enjoy you little league victories...these are my most recent Snyder memories.

17-6. Sweetwater (without many starters) beat undefeated Snyder @ Snyder. Snyder then lost in the first round to a team Sweetwater knocked out in round 4!

Snydertigersrul
07-02-2006, 06:03 PM
5 of our starters did not play that game either because of injuries or other reasons.If they did it would have been a different story.But thats in the past.This is a new season.Yes we will be getting a major shopping center here within the next year.As far as about people going to shop in sweetwater well you might want to talk to my wife about that because where she works at there is alot of people from sweetwater come to shop and plus work.you might own us in football but we own sweetwater in eveything else.

wildstangs
07-02-2006, 06:19 PM
5 of our starters did not play that game either because of injuries or other reasons.If they did it would have been a different story.But thats in the past.This is a new season.Yes we will be getting a major shopping center here within the next year.As far as about people going to shop in sweetwater well you might want to talk to my wife about that because where she works at there is alot of people from sweetwater come to shop and plus work.you might own us in football but we own sweetwater in eveything else.

Own? Didn't Sweetwater beat Snyder twice in boys basketball last year? How did you guys fair at the state track tournament? I admit you guys have a good Girls Basketball and golf program, but everything else is pretty much even.

And besides, if we own you at football, what else matter? :)

Cameron Crazy
07-02-2006, 06:21 PM
Football and basketball only matter...:D

Phantom Stang
07-02-2006, 06:31 PM
my wife
You started a thread like this, and you're an ADULT??? :eek:

mustang04
07-02-2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
You started a thread like this, and you're an ADULT??? :eek:

its a re-occuring theme in snyder....its hard to tell whos an adult and whos not from snyder on here

mustang04
07-02-2006, 06:50 PM
Those same players will comprise the varsities in a few years for both schools in baseball, as well as other sports. To refresh your memory, Snyder swept Sweetwater in both games last baseball season, both by big margins. I'm just hoping that the Mustangs do make it to the playoffs so we can play them next year. Maybe this time they can make an extra point kick.

dude...ur talkin about 2 freaking years ago!!!! the most recent season we beat yall in yalls own house, then yall werent good enough to face us later on down the road....not our fault!

Phantom Stang
07-02-2006, 07:14 PM
you might own us in football
:clap: :cheerl: :thumbsup: :evillaugh

SWMustang
07-02-2006, 09:33 PM
you might own us in football

Ahhh, classic! I will sleep even better tonight knowing a Snyder tiger posted this!!!

Ranger Mom
07-02-2006, 11:01 PM
I don't mean this to be rude, but I have been to both towns several times and haven't seen anything there that would make me wanna go there to shop!!

Of course, I DO live 10 miles out of Midland, so why would I anyway!!:p :p

smustangs
07-02-2006, 11:32 PM

if thats in the past then y do u bring up an extra point earlier isnt that too in the past or it only in the past for snyder if its bad

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 08:09 AM
Man, I can't believe I missed this action.:D

oh well
07-03-2006, 09:43 AM
I keep reading this and the series is 3-3 since 1999. If you go back further the series belongs to sweetwater a lot of the time. In the last 10 years it has been pretty even.
1998 Snyder
1999 Snyder
2000 Did not play
2001 Did not play
2002 Snyder in 2 OT
2003 Sweetwater
2004 Sweetwater Tri Dist Champs Snyder Sweetwater & Wylie
2004 Playoffs Snyder
2005 Sweetwater

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 10:06 AM

Did not play because of injuries or "other reasons":thinking:

"you might own us in football":D Best quote ever by a Snyder Tiger.

Atleast, not everyone in Snyder is delusional...:clap:

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Did not play because of injuries or "other reasons":thinking:

"you might own us in football":D Best quote ever by a Snyder Tiger.

Atleast, not everyone in Snyder is delusional...:clap:

That line might be good for a signature line.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by wildstangs
That line might be good for a signature line.

Yeah, Black Magic's... :D

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 10:44 AM
Yeah, Black Magic's... :D

lol...

Mustangpride09
07-03-2006, 11:55 AM

Unfortunately, we wont get matched up in the first round.

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 01:14 PM
Nice Thread! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/23/23_50_1.gif Can Tommy come out and play! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/3/3_3_105.gif

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 01:19 PM
Sure is and we all have Snydertigersrul to thank.:D

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 01:29 PM
Sure is and we all have Snydertigersrul to thank.:D

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_5_2.gif

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 01:39 PM
Oh look at lil' Tiger Baseball. Just stirring stuff up so he can use
all his cute lil' emoticons. A boy and his toys.:clap:

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 01:49 PM
Red I think you took that wrong it wasn't meant for you. But if you want to talk bs you and blackie can get together.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
Red I think you took that wrong it wasn't meant for you. But if you want to talk bs you and blackie can get together.

Why did you quote me then? You quote whoever your directing
your post at.

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 02:03 PM
Excuse me! You said Sure is and we all have Snydertigersrul to thank. I guess I should have copied and pasted this "we all have Snydertigersrul to thank" and then added the emoticans. You know we both have them.

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 02:09 PM
Excuse me! You said Sure is and we all have Snydertigersrul to thank. I guess I should have copied and pasted this "we all have Snydertigersrul to thank" and then added the emoticans. You know we both have them.

That's exactly what you did wrong. :doh:

You took something I said and replied to it with a "shut-up" emoticon. Then you wonder why I thought it was directed at me.:confused:

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 02:17 PM
My Bad!

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 02:21 PM
My Bad!

No problem at all my fellow West Texan.:D

oh well
07-03-2006, 02:37 PM
See we all can get along:clap:

Sweetwater Red
07-03-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by oh well
See we all can get along:clap:

Bite your tongue!!!:D

mustang04
07-03-2006, 07:20 PM
im just chillin

wildstangs
07-03-2006, 09:30 PM
Any of you Snyder fans know if your enrollment was larger than Lamesa's? I assume the enrollment numbers are Andrews, Snyder, Lamesa, then Greenwood.

If Andrews misses the playoffs and Snyder goes big school, the Tigers will probably play for the Region 1 title.

Ranger Mom
07-03-2006, 09:53 PM
Any of you Snyder fans know if your enrollment was larger than Lamesa's? I assume the enrollment numbers are Andrews, Snyder, Lamesa, then Greenwood.

If Andrews misses the playoffs and Snyder goes big school, the Tigers will probably play for the Region 1 title.

Andrews - 904
Snyder - 678
Lamesa - 549
Greenwood - 492

injuredinmelee
07-03-2006, 10:04 PM
The way i see it... inspite of the blind hog finding an acorn the last two years Wylie owns both of yall in everything but track.

that ought to get them off of each other for a bit and onto me huh???
:p

oh well
07-03-2006, 10:51 PM
In Golf Wylie did not even get out of Dist and yes that falls under everything.

Tiger Baseball
07-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
The way i see it... inspite of the blind hog finding an acorn the last two years Wylie owns both of yall in everything but track.

that ought to get them off of each other for a bit and onto me huh???
:p

You go Bulldog! http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_2_106.gif

Black_Magic
07-04-2006, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by oh well
I keep reading this and the series is 3-3 since 1999. If you go back further the series belongs to sweetwater a lot of the time. In the last 10 years it has been pretty even.
1998 Snyder
1999 Snyder
2000 Did not play
2001 Did not play
2002 Snyder in 2 OT
2003 Sweetwater
2004 Sweetwater Tri Dist Champs Snyder Sweetwater & Wylie
2004 Playoffs Snyder
2005 Sweetwater well according to these numbers Nobody owns anyone.:rolleyes: But hey , Sweetwater folks ignore 98,99,2002,2004....:rolleyes: Just about the only thing sweetwater dominates beaten snyder at consistently in the last 5 years is boys basketball and running up unpaid stadium renovations. As for the Rest of the sports ( boys and Girls ) Snyder owns Sweetwater.:D

Black_Magic
07-04-2006, 09:04 AM
:D

Ranger Mom
07-04-2006, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by Black_Magic
well according to these numbers Nobody owns anyone.:rolleyes: But hey , Sweetwater folks ignore 98,99,2002,2004....:rolleyes: Just about the only thing sweetwater dominates beaten snyder at consistently in the last 5 years is boys basketball and running up unpaid stadium renovations. As for the Rest of the sports ( boys and Girls ) Snyder owns Sweetwater.:D

Speaking of renovations (unpaid or not)..did I read somewhere that they are currently building new concession stands??

wildstangs
07-04-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Speaking of renovations (unpaid or not)..did I read somewhere that they are currently building new concession stands??

Yes, Sweetwater is building a new concession stand. Hopefully we will get new bathrooms soon.

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 10:33 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by injuredinmelee
[B]The way i see it... inspite of the blind hog finding an acorn the last two years Wylie owns both of yall in everything but track.

Yep, see that's the difference between Sweetwater and Snyder
fans. Ya'll have beaten us the last two years. So, how can we
smack talk ya'll's football team without looking like idiots. Snyder
fans haven't figured that out yet.:doh:

Cameron Crazy
07-04-2006, 10:58 AM
lol good point.

Sweetwater Red
07-04-2006, 12:38 PM
Yes, Sweetwater is building a new concession stand. Hopefully we will get new bathrooms soon.

Yeah, we have needed both for about 20 years now. :(

mustang04
07-04-2006, 12:43 PM
well according to these numbers Nobody owns anyone.:rolleyes: But hey , Sweetwater folks ignore 98,99,2002,2004....:rolleyes: Just about the only thing sweetwater dominates beaten snyder at consistently in the last 5 years is boys basketball and running up unpaid stadium renovations. As for the Rest of the sports ( boys and Girls ) Snyder owns Sweetwater.:D

in football..sweetwater owns snyder...plain and simple

why just go back 10 years for our records??? why not 15 or 20?? then we'll just make it 30 and then we should just go back to the beginning

but if you want to make it REALLY recent...we'll go back ONE YEAR and sweetwater has 100% of the wins in the fball games versus yall....you're owned

Black_Magic
07-05-2006, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by mustang04
in football..sweetwater owns snyder...plain and simple

why just go back 10 years for our records??? why not 15 or 20?? then we'll just make it 30 and then we should just go back to the beginning

but if you want to make it REALLY recent...we'll go back ONE YEAR and sweetwater has 100% of the wins in the fball games versus yall....you're owned Why Go back just 10 years or so???? Answer.. Because a program or town usually does not change much in a 10 year span as compared to 70 years. Most variables are just about the same ( enrolment demographics coaching ect....) But in 70 years things can change big time to make things different. For instance, Snyder was at one point in the same district as Lubbock High and Monterey. Also was in the same district as Roby as well.. things change from decade to decade but dont change that much from year to year. your answer to going back one year has changed as well. You didnt feel that way before last years game vs Snyder and Sweetwater. Wonder if the Ping of a football off of an upright had anything to do with that:thinking:

Sweetwater Red
07-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Why Go back just 10 years or so???? Answer.. Because a program or town usually does not change much in a 10 year span as compared to 70 years. Most variables are just about the same ( enrolment demographics coaching ect....) But in 70 years things can change big time to make things different. For instance, Snyder was at one point in the same district as Lubbock High and Monterey. Also was in the same district as Roby as well.. things change from decade to decade but dont change that much from year to year. your answer to going back one year has changed as well. You didnt feel that way before last years game vs Snyder and Sweetwater. Wonder if the Ping of a football off of an upright had anything to do with that:thinking:

Like I said earlier...

"Yep, see that's the difference between Sweetwater and Snyder
fans haven't figured that out yet.":doh:

Thanks for helping hammer my point home Black Magic.:doh:

Sweetwater Red
07-05-2006, 03:42 PM
Sorry, a Sweetwater vs. Snyder thread has to remain near the
top to avoid the possibility of another thread being hi-jacked.:D

Black_Magic
07-06-2006, 01:29 PM
Like I said earlier...

"Yep, see that's the difference between Sweetwater and Snyder
fans haven't figured that out yet.":doh:

Thanks for helping hammer my point home Black Magic.:doh: Duh! well if your going to give credit for a quote then it helps if the person your talking to actualy is the one who said it.:rolleyes: :doh: But your guys keep living in the 30s if it makes you feel better .

mustang84
07-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Snyder for hosting a great tournament. WE had a great time . Tournament director was a great guy. Snyder you have a great bunch of kids on your 9&10 all star team . I wish them the best of luck from here on out.

DaHop72
07-06-2006, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by mustang84
Just wanted to say thanks to Snyder for hosting a great tournament. WE had a great time . Tournament director was a great guy. Snyder you have a great bunch of kids on your 9&10 all star team . I wish them the best of luck from here on out. Thanks 84, we appreciate the compliment. I had to leave last night. What was your score with Dixie?

mustang84
07-06-2006, 03:34 PM
we lost 11 - 0 we just could not hit the ball. we scored 24 points in the first two games then just could not hit the ball in the last three game. when we played Snyder the pitcher did a great job of throwing curves and change ups . we just never could get our hitting back after that game. Like I said you guys have a really good team and they play great defensively.

DaHop72
07-06-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by mustang84
we lost 11 - 0 we just could not hit the ball. we scored 24 points in the first two games then just could not hit the ball in the last three game. when we played Snyder the pitcher did a great job of throwing curves and change ups . we just never could get our hitting back after that game. Like I said you guys have a really good team and they play great defensively. I know from talking to Snyder's coach, he had a concern going into the game with you guys about the hitting. He was a little shocked when it didn't happen as well.

Butkus
07-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Man a guy takes a little trip overseas comes back and some newun done pickin fights with old Blackie. Whats tha world coming to.

Black_Magic
07-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Originally posted by Butkus
Man a guy takes a little trip overseas comes back and some newun done pickin fights with old Blackie. Whats tha world coming to.
I see Jackson took the ban off of posting on the downlown for you guys.. long time no see. bubba:D

mustang04
07-08-2006, 12:20 AM
I see Jackson took the ban off of posting on the downlown for you guys.. long time no see. bubba:D

oh c'mon now blackie....you really need to KNOW who is who before you start callin people by names that they arent...like ME! i have 2 other names on here:D

and you dont know which they are:D :devil:

Black_Magic
07-08-2006, 08:57 AM
! i have 2 other names on here:D

and you dont know which they are:D :devil:

I guess I cant blame you. If I put my self in your shoes and had posted a picture of me humping some brass animal on the internet I would think about starting over with a new name too.;) After all, when people see you ( mustang04) they think of mini me humping the laser and now will always have that picture in thier minds.:p

wildstangs
07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
Coach F....who is the projected starter as the Tigers QB this year?

Ranger Mom
07-08-2006, 02:01 PM
I guess I cant blame you. If I put my self in your shoes and had posted a picture of me humping some brass animal on the internet I would think about starting over with a new name too.;) After all, when people see you ( mustang04) they think of mini me humping the laser and now will always have that picture in thier minds.:p

Actually...I have seen Reg several times since that pic was posted and never thought of that...I am only reminded of it when YOU bring it up....same as the missed field goal and the unpaid turf!!

Sweetwater Red
07-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Actually...I have seen Reg several times since that pic was posted and never thought of that...I am only reminded of it when YOU bring it up....same as the missed field goal and the unpaid turf!!

Over and over and over!!!

The term "broken record" comes to mind where he is concerned.

Black_Magic
07-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Over and over and over!!!

The term "broken record" comes to mind where he is concerned. Is it kinda like someone who brings up something stupid that you did when your younger? Just dont like to be reminded of things you would like swept under the rug ay?:clap:

Ranger Mom
07-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Is it kinda like someone who brings up something stupid that you did when your younger? Just dont like to be reminded of things you would like swept under the rug ay?:clap:

For some reason, I don't think mustang04 is the least bit embarrased about his tryst with the Tiger!!:D

mustang04
07-08-2006, 05:01 PM
For some reason, I don't think mustang04 is the least bit embarrased about his tryst with the Tiger!!:D

you're right...im not!!! i think its hilarious....i mean, i DID put those on here for a reason:D

blackie just doesnt understand that things on here do not hurt my feelings...there are worst things in the world than commentary made about ya on a chat board by someone who doesnt even know ya in person:rolleyes: .....but, let him have his fun :D

Butkus
07-10-2006, 12:40 PM
I see Jackson took the ban off of posting on the downlown for you guys.. long time no see. bubba:D Ya know blackie you sure are hung up on Coach Jackson maybe you wanta work for him. I can promise you Ive never met tha man. I have on the other hand had the occasion ta meet CR one time he seems ta be a really nice guy. So whos gunna be tha QB for the tigers this year.

Sweetwater Red
07-10-2006, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by Butkus
Ya know blackie you sure are hung up on Coach Jackson maybe you wanta work for him. I can promise you Ive never met tha man. I have on the other hand had the occasion ta meet CR one time he seems ta be a really nice guy. So whos gunna be tha QB for the tigers this year.

I heard it was gonna be a transfer from Arizona...:D .

Butkus
07-10-2006, 12:49 PM
I heard it was gonna be a transfer from Arizona...:D . I hear ole Gilmer Tex might have a spare.

Black_Magic
07-10-2006, 12:58 PM
I Guess Day will be QB. No transfers coming in at QB. BUT , from what I have been told by a little bird, Snyder may be getting a move in from a former district rival who was a starter last year and recieved all district honors . I will not mention a name or a school but Im telling you Im going to have a field week if it come to pass.:eek:

Could Black Magic just be trying to stir the pot on this one or is he being prophetic.:thinking: Time will tell:D

Butkus
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
I Guess Day will be QB. No transfers coming in at QB. BUT , from what I have been told by a little bird, Snyder may be getting a move in from a former district rival who was a starter last year and recieved all district honors . I will not mention a name or a school but Im telling you Im going to have a field week if it come to pass.:eek:

Could Black Magic just be trying to stir the pot on this one or is he being prophetic.:thinking: Time will tell:D Heck blackie youve never stirred tha pot have ya.

Snydertigersrul
07-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Dee Walker has a long lost brother in Arizona and he's on his way to Snyder. He told me that his only regret that he couldn't be a part of giving Sweetwater a whipping because they won't play us. A better name is the Sweetwater Chickens

mustang04
07-10-2006, 10:58 PM
Dee Walker has a long lost brother in Arizona and he's on his way to Snyder. He told me that his only regret that he couldn't be a part of giving Sweetwater a whipping because they won't play us. A better name is the Sweetwater Chickens

just curious....when was the last time snyder "WHIPPED" sweetwater??? im not being any way...just curious...what are the scores from the last 5 years??

Black_Magic
07-10-2006, 11:02 PM
just curious....when was the last time snyder "WHIPPED" sweetwater??? im not being any way...just curious...what are the scores from the last 5 years?? Well I think they were ten run ruled in baseball and I think in track sweetwater finished 4th in the 5 team district about 40 pts behind... I dont know if that qualifies as a "WHIPPIN" though.

wildstangs
07-10-2006, 11:31 PM
Sweetwater finished higher than Snyder in the state track meet....Our boys basketball also swept Snyder...heck they even had like a four week headstart on us.

Snydertigersrul
07-10-2006, 11:37 PM
People from sweetwater are just jealous because snyder beat wylie in football and they did not.

Black_Magic
07-11-2006, 07:02 AM
Sweetwater finished higher than Snyder in the state track meet....Our boys basketball also swept Snyder...heck they even had like a four week headstart on us. Well Wildstangs I believe I was refering to the district track meet where ALL of Sweetwaters track team competed vs ALL of the other teams in the district. I was not talking aout 2 or three specific events. Sure If you just want to take in to account only 3 events in track and field this year Sweetwater was better. BUT we all know it is not that simple. AT the district meet Snyder beat Sweetwater by about 40 I believe. And snyder 10 run ruled Sweetwater in baseball.

DU_stud04
07-11-2006, 01:26 PM
People from sweetwater are just jealous because snyder beat wylie in football and they did not.
hahaha, your funny:clap: :clap: :D

Cameron Crazy
07-11-2006, 01:28 PM
This thread is going to be here for a while.

mustang04
07-11-2006, 09:40 PM

hmmm....so we got jealous of someone beating wylie EVEN AFTER beating that certain someone???? RIIIGGGGHHHHHT:rolleyes: :D

Tiger Baseball
07-11-2006, 09:58 PM
RRRIIIIGGGHHHTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrescape43
07-11-2006, 10:49 PM
hmmm....so we got jealous of someone beating wylie EVEN AFTER beating that certain someone???? RIIIGGGGHHHHHT:rolleyes: :D

Maybe not jealous but Mustang fans should be thanking the Tigers for a share of the district title the last couple of years. Think about it!

Sweetwater Red
07-12-2006, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by mrescape43
Maybe not jealous but Mustang fans should be thanking the Tigers for a share of the district title the last couple of years. Think about it!

We took care of business against Snyder. Snyder did the same
against Wylie as did Wylie against Sweetwater. I don't think
anybody owes anyone a thank you.:D