PDA

View Full Version : Dog attacked by alligator at Magnolia Beach

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 04:59 PM
I go crabbing at this place a lot (for bait mostly, sometimes if friends want to eat crab)... it's a real populated area on the weekends but I haven't seen an alligator at that particular spot around the Magnolia Beach/Indianola area though I have seen huge ones at some places around there...

---------

From the Victoria Advocate http://www.thevictoriaadvocate.com/old_front/story/3575491p-4131689c.html

MAGNOLIA BEACH - A 4-foot alligator attacked a dog around noon Friday at Magnolia Beach’s crabbing bridge.

The dog, an 85-pound golden retriever, was rescued by a man who beat the alligator with a fishing pole while a young girl managed to catch the dog and pull him to shore with a casting net. The dog, which is owned by Jeannie Bonds of Magnolia Beach, is in the care of a Port Lavaca veterinarian, said Magnolia Beach resident Jenny Schubert.

Game wardens were called to the scene but were unable to locate alligator.

People are warned to be extremely cautious while swimming.

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 05:01 PM
The article in the physical paper is more detailed, the man who beat the alligator off of the dog was Jeff Fewell of San Antonio... His niece, Brittany Fewell of Canyon lake drug the dog to safety...

Good work guys...

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 05:03 PM
What is really funny is that I was just told about it... from word of mouth the dog was 60 pounds and the alligator was a monster haha...

Turns out the dog is 85 pound dog and the alligator was 4 feet ha

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 05:05 PM
But screw the fishin' poll, I'da gone crocodile dundee on the little whopper...

mistanice
07-01-2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
The article in the physical paper is more detailed, the man who beat the alligator off of the dog was Jeff Fewell of San Antonio... His niece, Brittany Fewell of Canyon lake drug the dog to safety...

Good work guys...

Lil off topic, but I once got in an argument with a friend about what is the correct word for "Drag" in the past tense. I was saying "dragged", but she insisted it was "drug". After looking in the dictionary I found out the correct word was "dragged." Just some useless info. :D

Gobbla2001
07-02-2006, 08:59 AM
Originally posted by mistanice
Lil off topic, but I once got in an argument with a friend about what is the correct word for "Drag" in the past tense. I was saying "dragged", but she insisted it was "drug". After looking in the dictionary I found out the correct word was "dragged." Just some useless info. :D

I got into an arguement with myself over the same issue before posting "drug"... I said the hell with it ha