PDA

View Full Version : Which NBA Free Agent would you want for your team?

big daddy russ
07-01-2006, 04:57 PM
You're the General Manager of your favorite team. You have tons of cap room. Which NBA FA would you sign?

I put up a list of players that, IMO, represent the best of the NBA free agent crop on this (http://bbs.3adownlow.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=46435) thread.

P.S. Don't forget to list your team.

big daddy russ
07-01-2006, 05:06 PM
My team's the Spurs and I'd take Nene.

Tough call between Nene and Chris Wilcox. Spurs do need to get younger, especially in the post.

Wilcox is more athletic, a little stronger and has a more well-developed offensive game. He's the kind of guy that can consistently give you 18 to 20 points a night out of the low or high block, grab 9 rebounds a game, and block a couple of shots. But Nene is a more natural center, something that's very tough to find, and is a much better on-ball defender. Eventually, I expect him to develop his offensive game to the point to where he's scoring at least 15 points per game, and he'll be the biggest game-changer in the NBA on the defensive end of the ball for the next 10 years.

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 05:10 PM
Is that Ostertag feller still playing?

He's the real deal...

Who is nene btw?

Sweetwater Red
07-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

He's the real deal...

Who is nene btw?

Ostertag is done. That job belongs to Mehmet Okur. He got a ring
with the Pistons a few years back.

Nene is Nene Hilario plays(ed) for the Denver Nuggets.

big daddy russ
07-01-2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001

He's the real deal...

Who is nene btw?
He's only 23, but he's had some injury problems the last few years. I've heard a lot of it has to do with growing pains. He came into the league at a shade under 6'10" but is already almost 7' tall. Just hasn't grown into his body yet.

He also doesn't get to see the floor as much in Denver, with Marcus Camby and Kenyon Martin (two All Stars) in front of him. Still, he's a promising youngster.

neck_06
07-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Sam Cassell.......the guy is a winner. the rockets need to pick him up.

eagles_victory
07-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red

Nene is Nene Hilario plays(ed) for the Denver Nuggets. Actually its just Nene now lol. Im all for defense but i wouldnt want to give a max contract for a guy you have to sub offense and defense for in crunch time bc he couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat from the free throw line and the rest of his offensive game isnt great.

injuredinmelee
07-01-2006, 11:27 PM
I voted Wallace for the Mavericks.

thatboiwes
07-01-2006, 11:56 PM
My favorite team is the Lakers. And they could really use a good big man, so I chose Ben Wallace.

He could really help them out a lot. Talk says that KG could be wearing purple and gold next year. Ben, Kobe, and KG with Lamar Odem and Smush Parker would be a pretty nasty starting line up. Depth would be their biggest problem though. There really wouldn't be much after that with Kwame Brown, Luke Walton and Chris Mhim. Jordan Farmar and Andrew Bynum could eventually be some big players in the near future.

kepdawg
07-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Peja has verbally committed to the Hornets.