PDA

View Full Version : Sinton Night @ Fairgrounds Field

maroonpirate04
06-30-2006, 11:56 PM
Today at work my boss gave me some tickets for me and my family to attend a baseball game. On July 10 the Coastal Bend Aviators will host the Shreveport Sports at the Fairgrounds Field in Robstown. On that night it will be known as Sinton Community Night. So all the Sinton fans are encouage to show their support. How many of you Sinton fans are attending?

pirate44
07-01-2006, 08:11 AM
as good as it sounds, its hard to have tuna fish when you can have steak just down the road for a buck more

Phil C
07-02-2006, 11:43 AM
I will if I can get tickets for me and my family. They are hard to come by at this late date.

GOFOR2
07-02-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Phil C
I will if I can get tickets for me and my family. They are hard to come by at this late date.

R u kidding? Noone goes to Aviator Field to watch a non-high school game. They have plenty of room.

Phil C
07-02-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
R u kidding? Noone goes to Aviator Field to watch a non-high school game. They have plenty of room.

I meant the free tickets they are (were) distributing.

Bull Butter
07-02-2006, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
as good as it sounds, its hard to have tuna fish when you can have steak just down the road for a buck more

And you plan to drive all the way to Springfield, MO for that steak?

AggieJohn
07-02-2006, 04:33 PM
i found a guy that graduated a year before me is playing for them now

pirate44
07-02-2006, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by Bull Butter
And you plan to drive all the way to Springfield, MO for that steak?
i guess ill have to have my meal a day early

piratebg
07-03-2006, 07:43 PM
I'm not going. I am off and I have some family going, but I don't feel all that interested in seeing the Aviators.

pirate44
07-03-2006, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
I'm not going. I am off and I have some family going, but I don't feel all that interested in seeing the Aviators.
the Hooks spoiled you too, huh?:D

piratebg
07-03-2006, 08:14 PM
That's right. I have tickets to a game on the 19th and I don't intend to miss that game.

sinton66
07-03-2006, 09:01 PM
Hooks are playing some solid ball right now. Aviators are in a dead pan slide.

pirate4state
07-06-2006, 01:45 PM
I meant the free tickets they are (were) distributing. If you are still interested I have some tickets...check your PMs. :)

Maroon87
07-06-2006, 01:57 PM
I got to see the Hooks and Aviators both play while I was in CC last week. Hooks won, Aviators lost.

pirate44
07-06-2006, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
I got to see the Hooks and Aviators both play while I was in CC last week. Hooks won, Aviators lost.
was that your first time at Whataburger field / Fairgrounds field (or whatever they call it)?

Maroon87
07-06-2006, 02:08 PM
was that your first time at Whataburger field / Fairgrounds field (or whatever they call it)?

No...I've been to each one 3 times.

pirate44
07-06-2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Maroon87
No...I've been to each one 3 times.
when i first went to robstown, i thought it was a really nice place. but after whataburger field was built, the robstown ballpark seemed pretty cheap. its still an ok place, but its hard to compete with a place that cost 10 times more to build.

in your opinion, seeing both teams so close together, how would you compare the quality of baseball?

Phil C
07-06-2006, 02:36 PM
I went to a double header Aviator game when they honored the Pirates for getting to State. It was great and also the Aviators won both games but a lot of the Sinton Fans left after the first game but I stayed. I remember the second game was close but a player called Chicken game as a relief pitcher and won the game.

A good time indeed. Go Honor the Pirates and enjoy good baseball! Go Pirates! Go Aviators!!

pirate44
07-06-2006, 02:43 PM
I went to a double header Aviator game when they honored the Pirates for getting to State. It was great and also the Aviators won both games but a lot of the Sinton Fans left after the first game but I stayed. I remember the second game was close but a player called Chicken game as a relief pitcher and won the game.

A good time indeed. Go Honor the Pirates and enjoy good baseball! Go Pirates! Go Aviators!!
i believe i was at that game Phil_c

Maroon87
07-06-2006, 03:01 PM
when i first went to robstown, i thought it was a really nice place. but after whataburger field was built, the robstown ballpark seemed pretty cheap. its still an ok place, but its hard to compete with a place that cost 10 times more to build.

in your opinion, seeing both teams so close together, how would you compare the quality of baseball?

Hooks are much better, no doubt. They have MLB talent on their roster, while the Aviators have guys on the way down or guys who'll probably never make an MLB squad. Plus the Hooks have that Ryan/Sanders $$$ behind them that the Aviators don't.