PDA

View Full Version : How did you Meet and What was the first thing you said to your significant other

eagles_victory
06-30-2006, 11:32 AM
Just thought it would be funny to see if anyone had any funny stories. Love can come in strange ways

Blastoderm55
06-30-2006, 11:37 AM
My fiancee and I met on www.match.com. I paid $29 to meet the gal, and its been the best investment I've ever made. I think the first thing I said to her involved the awesome spaghetti I had just made. :D

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 11:38 AM
I coached T-Ball and my "sig other" coached B-Ball.

I had his son on my team and he had mine on his team.

My very first words to him were: "would you mind umping"? (He said that REALLY got his attention....he thought I said, "would you mind 'humping'") :eek:

A year later we were married. Everyone wanted us to get married at the baseball field, on the pitchers mound.

I wanted to do it. I thought it would be cool to say...."I now pronounce you man and wife.....PLAY BALL"! He wouldn't go for it though!!

We got married on a Friday afternoon and went to "El Chicos" right after.....we didn't really have a honymoon, we had to rush back up to the baseball field at 5:00....all 5 kids had a game at the same time.

When we got there, the dugout was all decorated with crepe paper and tin cans....it was pretty cool.:D

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 11:40 AM
First thing I said to my sig. other was "What time does the bar
close?" :D

CHS_CG
06-30-2006, 12:16 PM
I have no significant other:(

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
I have no significant other:(

me too

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
That's ok. I don't either. I just thought it was a good punch-line.

Gobbla2001
06-30-2006, 12:20 PM
No significant other... but the first thing I will say to the next one is "Get off my ass, woman"

kaorder1999
06-30-2006, 12:22 PM
I worked at a health club and she and her ex boyfriend were arguing and I told them to shut up because other members were tired of hearing them fight. She later told me he was following her around and I found out he wasnt a member so I tossed him out! I gave her my number and told her to call me if he ever bothered her again! Been togethter ever since!

Gobbla2001
06-30-2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
I worked at a health club and she and her ex boyfriend were arguing and I told them to shut up because other members were tired of hearing them fight. She later told me he was following her around and I found out he wasnt a member so I tossed him out! I gave her my number and told her to call me if he ever bothered her again! Been togethter ever since!

No, idiot, she was following ME :D

jk

"Shut up"

That's sweet...

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Rattlesnake Roundup Dance

"Would you like to dance?"

Got hitched 3 months later. 24 years ago this past Tuesday.

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED

Got hitched 3 months later. 24 years ago this past Tuesday.

Happy belated anniversary.:D

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Happy belated anniversary.:D Thank you!

IHS Fan
06-30-2006, 12:50 PM
i don't remember what was said but i remember the circumstances. she was dating my best friend and ended up asking me out after about a week. that was 30 years ago. almost 31.

underware
06-30-2006, 01:02 PM
This was at Half Moon Holiday's in Shiner, Texas. Sorry I spilled my beer on you, would like to dance? We were married 11/2 years later.

injuredinmelee
06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Your way too hot or me.... that was almost 5 days ago... lol

SWMustang
06-30-2006, 01:24 PM
Me and my buddies always showed up a little early to penny pitcher night at one of the local watering holes in San Angelo - it was the only way to get a table. Saw my future bride to be with her sister and offered them a seat. That's been 13 years ago and I've been married for 11. Who says good things can't happen at the bar? Hell, if you get there early even better things can happen.

44INAROW
06-30-2006, 01:26 PM
My kids read the downlow, I better not elaborate :D but it was in Feb 1973 and we've been together ever since;)
*we did have a couple of hiatus' in the high school years, but who's counting? :D

injuredinmelee
06-30-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
My kids read the downlow, I better not elaborate :D but it was in Feb 1973 and we've been together ever since;)
*we did have a couple of hiatus' in the high school years, but who's counting? :D

was that back when you danced "professionally"?

:kiss: ;) :p

SWMustang
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
[i]
*we did have a couple of hiatus' in the high school years, but who's counting? :D [/B]

I had a LOT of hiatus' in the high school years.

44INAROW
06-30-2006, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
was that back when you danced "professionally"?

:kiss: ;) :p

dang, I was hoping no one would bring that up...... :p

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 02:04 PM

Got hitched 3 months later. 24 years ago this past Tuesday. You ole smoothy.:D You know you married above yourself.:devil: :devil:

GetRDoneStangs
06-30-2006, 02:07 PM
You ole smoothy. You know you married above yourself.

True....True....:D :D

pirate44
06-30-2006, 02:15 PM
i met spf25 on Jan. 9th, 1999 on AOL as i was searching for classmates for information on my 10th year class reunion. she was from sinton, so i imed her to see if i went to school with her. she told me she graduated in '98. we talked and a couple days later i called her. that friday i picked her up to go to a basketball game against Aransas Pass. Jan. 23rd we went on our first date and watched The Faculty. it was all downhill from there. i proposed 7 months later, July 31st, 1999 and we married December 9th, 2000. been married for almost 6 years and id do it all over again. i dont remember the first words we spoke to each other though. she might remember.

injuredinmelee
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i met spf25 on Jan. 9th, 1999 on AOL as i was searching for classmates for information on my 10th year class reunion. she was from sinton, so i imed her to see if i went to school with her. she told me she graduated in '98. we talked and a couple days later i called her. that friday i picked her up to go to a basketball game against Aransas Pass. Jan. 23rd we went on our first date and watched The Faculty. it was all downhill from there. i proposed 7 months later, July 31st, 1999 and we married December 9th, 2000. been married for almost 6 years and id do it all over again. i dont remember the first words we spoke to each other though. she might remember.

You better find out my friend or you will be up the creek!! I can almost guarantee she remembers.

pirate44
06-30-2006, 02:19 PM
You better find out my friend or you will be up the creek!! I can almost guarantee she remembers.
nah, ive got the important stuff in the old memory banks. in fact our first kiss was feb. 14th, 1999 ;)

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
nah, ive got the important stuff in the old memory banks. in fact our first kiss was feb. 14th, 1999 ;)

uh oh...good day to "make your move" :thumbsup:

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
uh oh...good day to "make your move" :thumbsup: And as Eric K would say:

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by DaHop72
And as Eric K would say:

if it's time to make your move and you don't get any...well it ain't Barry White's fault! :thumbsup:

You know you liked that he took over Mike & Mike the last two days.

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 02:40 PM
You ole smoothy.:D You know you married above yourself.:devil: :devil:

Yeah, I know. But dont tell her that.
I'm sure she knows anyway.

But I'll bet you married way up also Hop. After all, there was only one way to go. :p :D

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 02:41 PM
But I'll bet you married way up also Hop. After all, there was only one way to go. :p :D

true...true...

KindaCool
06-30-2006, 02:42 PM
me to random girl in the bar -

"i know im not the best looking guy in here, but im the only one talking to you"

bought her breakfast the next TWO mornings :D :D

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 02:44 PM
Yeah, I know. But dont tell her that.
I'm sure she knows anyway.

But I'll bet you married way up also Hop. After all, there was only one way to go. :p :D Oh you're right about that Stang, that pretty much was the only direction I could go.:D

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 02:45 PM
true...true... Actually, neither one of you know for sure.:devil:

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 02:50 PM
Actually, neither one of you know for sure.:devil:

Actually, I dont think either of us even needs to know her, to be pretty dang sure. We know you.:p

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 02:51 PM
Actually, I dont think either of us even needs to know her, to be pretty dang sure. We know you.:p :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

Txbroadcaster
06-30-2006, 02:52 PM
My wife and I met in our theatre troupe at Junior College..I was the older guy who had come back to college, she was the new college student..She walks into the first meeting of the group, and the moment I saw her, I was in love, just had that unknown thing that pulled me in....So I walk over to her, and ask hey you have a BF, she says yes...I said well then it will take longer to get you but I will..She said, whatever and walked off...We were best friends for a year, then dated a year, will be married 4 years in August.
And this is my lovely

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v451/LSTTerry/MVC-008F.jpg

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by KindaCool
me to random girl in the bar -

"i know im not the best looking guy in here, but im the only one talking to you"

bought her breakfast the next TWO mornings :D :D

only at Tarleton...was this at City Limits? ;)

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 02:55 PM
Actually, I dont think either of us even needs to know her, to be pretty dang sure. We know you.:p
true...true...

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 02:59 PM
true...true...

I wonder how many of your posts are saying the above??

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

true, true...

pirate44
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
haha

DaHop72
06-30-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
true, true... True dat.

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM

Sinton Fan has his .

Phil has his SHOW SOME --------------- :mad:

I'm just trying to develop my own catch phrase! ;) :thumbsup:

District303aPastPlayer
06-30-2006, 03:05 PM
True dat.

Werd.

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Sinton Fan has his .

Try this one Adidas..

"That(this) is hot" :D

SintonFan
06-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Sinton Fan has his .

lol
The reason I use the "." is because on the old board if you wanted several spaces in between sentences you have to use "list" mode or periods. I started using periods because it was alot faster and I don't even think about it now...:)

pirate44
06-30-2006, 03:10 PM
i want a catch phrase

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
lol
The reason I use the "." is because on the old board if you wanted several spaces in between sentences you have to use "list" mode or periods. I started using periods because it was alot faster and I don't even think about it now...:)
it bugs me...it makes me think there is a picture there half of the time because whenever somebody uses an image hosting site that my filter blocks...it puts a dot in its place.

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 03:20 PM
lol

it bugs me...it makes me think there is a picture there half of the time because whenever somebody uses an image hosting site that my filter blocks...it puts a dot in its place.

LOL!! You call it Sinton Fans "catch phrase" and he didn't even realize he was doing it!!

SintonFan
06-30-2006, 03:33 PM
LOL!! You call it Sinton Fans "catch phrase" and he didn't even realize he was doing it!!
My catch phrase is "I hope you have a gooder one!" I say it to wish those a Happy Birthday.:)

pirate44
06-30-2006, 03:34 PM
My catch phrase is "I hope you have a gooder one!" I say it to wish those a Happy Birthday.:)
dont forget show some compassideration

KindaCool
06-30-2006, 03:56 PM
only at Tarleton...was this at City Limits? ;)
yes, it was your sister :D

SPF25
06-30-2006, 04:01 PM
You better find out my friend or you will be up the creek!! I can almost guarantee she remembers. though it might be a problem for some men P44 knows i am worse than him at remembering all that stuff. and no i dont remember our first words to each other. lol

AggieJohn
06-30-2006, 04:02 PM
I think i said "hi", that was all that was needed to be said

maroogreen
06-30-2006, 04:11 PM
I was set up on a blind date by my mom's co-worker with the co-worker's brother-in-law. Since I thought her husband was pretty hot, I agreed. This brother-in-law made her husband look like dog food. We had our first blind date on St. Patrick's Day, got engaged on Mother's Day, and got married that December 10.5 years ago.

GreenMonster
06-30-2006, 05:03 PM
I was actually my wife's boss at her first job. First thing I ever said to her was, "if I say 'Hey You' I'm talking to you because I'm not so good with names." The only reason I know this is because she reminds me several times a year. Yep, you can tell it true love at first sight for me. lol I must admit though I married WAY over my head just like the rest of these guys on here. Funny how us guys feel that way and you gals all feel you married way below where you could have. We must be conditioned to feel this way by you devil women!

pirate44
06-30-2006, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Funny how us guys feel that way and you gals all feel you married way below where you could have. We must be conditioned to feel this way by you devil women!
we're either "conditioned" or right

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2006, 07:05 PM
Funny how us guys feel that way and you gals all feel you married way below where you could have. We must be conditioned to feel this way by you devil women!
Just think of the alternative. :devil: :devil:

Ranger Mom
06-30-2006, 07:33 PM
I was actually my wife's boss at her first job. First thing I ever said to her was, "if I say 'Hey You' I'm talking to you because I'm not so good with names." The only reason I know this is because she reminds me several times a year. Yep, you can tell it true love at first sight for me. lol I must admit though I married WAY over my head just like the rest of these guys on here. Funny how us guys feel that way and you gals all feel you married way below where you could have. We must be conditioned to feel this way by you devil women!

Honestly, I feel right the opposite. Mine is too good for me. He spoils me rotten and does almost anything I want him to for me. I can honestly say that if the shoe were on the other foot, I don't know if I would be at accomodating.

Not that I am terrible or anything, he is just an all around nicer person than me!:D

pirate44
06-30-2006, 07:52 PM
Honestly, I feel right the opposite. Mine is too good for me. He spoils me rotten and does almost anything I want him to for me. I can honestly say that if the shoe were on the other foot, I don't know if I would be at accomodating.

Not that I am terrible or anything, he is just an all around nicer person than me!:D
i think the best marriage is when both people think they married up

olddawggreen
06-30-2006, 11:35 PM
I met my wife to be at a Pike all campus party at SWT, it was at the fair grounds (or where the Chilipiad is held) and George Strait and the Ace in the Hole Band was playing. My first thought was that she was too short for me, and I think the first thing I said to her, after hello, was "May I set my beer on your head" .

Thank goodness we got past that. We danced our first dance together to "Amarillo By Morning" (back when GS was still playing frat parties and you could still dance at a GS show). I guess we actually started dating a couple of weeks after that. And the rest is history.:D That was 22 years ago:doh:

big daddy russ
07-01-2006, 01:51 AM
I'm jumping in late here, but I met Amanda on a bet. If you're under 18, don't read any further. I'm a bad, bad man.

It was my last week living down in Corpus and one of my best friends (Robert) was having a coming home party (the Marines) at his parents' pimp, Meditterranean-style house on a bluff in Portland overlooking Corpus Christi Bay. Can't miss out on something like that, especially since his stepdad was BBQing.

Earlier that day, one of my other best friends (Melton) had graduated from TAMU-CC and his fraternity brothers were throwing him a party in Corpus.

My best friend Dereck and I were friends with Robert and Melton and decided to just go party-hopping that night so we wouldn't miss anything. We went from Melton's graduation to Robert's party to Melton's party. Try to keep up. ;)

The night before, I had gotten in some trouble at a Cabana Bar in Port Aransas for making out with the bartender, so we decided to run with that theme the rest of the weekend. Dereck and I made a bet that I couldn't make out with three girls that night.

Stipulations:
1. They had to be picked by him.
2. He couldn't pick out a one-eyed beauty named Helga with fewer than four teeth and more testosterone than me just so I'd suffer.
3. Must be completed between our first beer and the time we passed out that night.

We got to Robert's party around 8 that night. Amanda was the first bogey.

As far as the first thing I said to her, I have no idea. Only thing I remember from that night was:

Me: "Let's run up to Whataburger and grab a BOB."
Amanda: "What's a BOB?"
Me: "You don't know what a BOB is? Get in the truck."

Consequences of the bet have not yet been disclosed to anyone. Everyone will find out exactly what Dereck got himself into on my wedding night sometime in the distant future. :D

Oh, and three years later I made out like a bandit in more ways than just humiliating my best friend.
http://myspace-309.vo.llnwd.net/00349/90/37/349377309_l.jpg
Amanda's on the left.