PDA

View Full Version : What should I do this weekend?

BreckTxLonghorn
06-30-2006, 10:03 AM
Alright, I got 4 days and a good amount of friends, and no one has any clue on what to do. So I bring it to y'all. What in the holy Hell should I do for the holiday weekend? Please detail if other. Thanks!

KTJ
06-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I heard the river is down and the cops who patrol the river make it seem as if you're on lockdown.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-30-2006, 10:20 AM
We're all over 21 though, so it wouldn't be a problem.

Adidas410s
06-30-2006, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by KTJ
I heard the river is down and the cops who patrol the river make it seem as if you're on lockdown.

The Guadalupe was flowing VERY slow last weekend. The Comal was still moving along at a good clip though. The music at Gruene Hall isn't anybody that's too big though. Jack Ingram will be at nearby River Road Icehouse though.

PK isn't a bad option but the lake will be PACKED!!! If you don't have a boat AND a house...it's not worth your time really. However with Eli Young and Jason Boland playing...it does make it kinda tempting.

Rangers/Astros is definitely an option. From what I have read...it sounds like Randy Rogers is playing after the game on July 2nd courtesy of the Front Porch Show. Robert Earl Keen plays on July 1st after the game. These shows are at the ballpark.

Hope that cleared things up! :rolleyes:

BreckTxLonghorn
06-30-2006, 11:57 AM
Schlitterbahn has now come into the picture! Any thoughts on this?

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2006, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by BreckTxLonghorn
Schlitterbahn has now come into the picture! Any thoughts on this?
That sounds fun, but definitely will be crowded.

wordonthastreet
06-30-2006, 01:38 PM
strapping some bear on the tube and floating down the river sounds very nice.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-30-2006, 01:41 PM
A bear?! I'm looking to relax, not an adventure!

Blastoderm55
06-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Catch every possible airing of Superman Returns that you can and marvel in the trailer for the new Transformers movie that's supposed to accompany it this weekend.

BreckTxLonghorn
06-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
Catch every possible airing of Superman Returns that you can and marvel in the trailer for the new Transformers movie that's supposed to accompany it this weekend.

There's a 99% chance thats gonna happen at least one night. I can't wait!