PDA

View Full Version : Tabasco

mistanice
06-30-2006, 12:55 AM
since we're talking condiments.

WHo are the tabasco lovers, i cant have a pizza without it!

piratebg
06-30-2006, 01:19 AM
I just recently started adding this to my shopping list. Everything tastes better with a little kick. :thumbsup:

spiveyrat
06-30-2006, 06:56 AM
I only use it when I cook.

Txbroadcaster
06-30-2006, 07:16 AM
Love it in soup

Gobbler Fan
06-30-2006, 07:19 AM
Louisiana Hot Sauce on my Pizza --- dont like Tabasco :D

neck_94
06-30-2006, 07:25 AM
I like Franks Red Hot much better than tabasco.

and Franks Red Hot Buffalo Wing sauce is good too

lepfan
06-30-2006, 09:43 AM
We buy the economy size at my house...no one but my son uses it though! I can' t stand the stuff....he eats it on EVERYTHING! He will sit and sprinkle it on chips, crackers, anything! That smell just grosses me out!

Sweetwater Red
06-30-2006, 09:47 AM
I love Tabasco sauce on pretty much everything.

Especially the new flavors Chipolte(sp.?) and Habenero...:D

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2006, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
I love Tabasco sauce on pretty much everything.

Especially the new flavors Chipolte(sp.?) and Habenero...:D
I think LHPD has every Tabasco flavor made in our cabinet. My favorite use of Tabasco is in guacamole.

Gobbla2001
06-30-2006, 12:18 PM
I throw some in my homemade salsa sometimes just for the heck of it...

When I was younger I always put it in my eggs just before I scrambled them...

Sometimes I eat 'em on homemade tacos, but I'm just too much of a salsa guy...

SintonFan
06-30-2006, 01:40 PM
Gotta have Tabasco and Franks. They are good for different things. Gotta have salsa and picante sause... gotta have pico de gallo.... yum.

GreenMonster
06-30-2006, 02:29 PM
I'm not a fan of Tabasco. Too much of a a vinegar taste for me. I'm more of a taco sauce kind of guy. You know, the stuff Allsup's gives you to slather all over your "Famous" burrito. Well, at least the West Texas folks know what I mean. I actually use a knock off of the Allsup's stuff that is produced by Portion Pak Inc. It's cheap but sure tastes good on everything. The worst thing about it is it only comes in a small little packette and I need to open about 10 of the things before I get it just right.

STANG RED
06-30-2006, 03:01 PM
Y'all should really try Chalulo..Cholula..Chulula... Oh heck, whatever the heck it's called. It has a real smokey flavor. Alot more flavor than Tabasco, and almost as much heat. The bottle looks about like a Tabasco bottle, but it has a round wooden ball for a cap. I havent bought a bottle of Tabasco since I discovered this stuff.
Juleo's is the best (store bought) salsa I have ever had, but it's pretty hard to find very far away from San Angelo, where it is made. It's also never with the other salsa's, because it has to be kept refrigerated. If you do find it, get the hot. The mild is good, but has absolutely no heat at all.

ILS1
06-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Too much of a a vinegar taste for me.

When I see a new 'hot sauce' on the market. The first thing I do, is look at the ingredients. If the first ingredient listed is VINEGAR,then back on the shelf it goes!! It has to list the type of peppers it is made from as the first ingredient to make it to my table!!! Tabasco is one of the main ones that has alot of vinegar!!!

big daddy russ
06-30-2006, 09:30 PM
I don't mind Tabasco, but I'm all about Cholula and Louisiana Hot Sauce. With my BBQ and Mexican food, it's Cholula. With Cajun, seafood, or anything else, I go for Louisiana.

PPHSfan
06-30-2006, 09:32 PM
I put it on everything consumed by humans. I even put it on banana pudding.

Bandera YaYa
06-30-2006, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
I put it on everything consumed by humans. I even put it on banana pudding. :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :eek: