PDA

View Full Version : So I'm watching Headline News right

Old Tiger
06-29-2006, 05:20 PM
And a segment comes up about recess and that kind of stuff and it showed that some schools are banning Tag, Red Rover, touch football, and soccer. Honestly what the hell is our country coming to when you can't play all American games like those except for soccer. To add more some schools are also banning Recess all in all, which is stupid! It is getting rediculous how everything is blown out of proportion!

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 05:24 PM
Its true, and sad. Too many districts are getting sued because of bruises and scratches. I'm all for safety, but these kids are wussified if they can't fall off a swing, shake it off, and start running full speed 5 seconds later. Its no wonder child obesity is rising. We're too afraid to just let the kids go out there and sprain and ankle or chip a tooth. Let the kids be kids. I'm betting all of us had our fair share of playground accidents and I'm sure we're all here still enjoying the ability to walk and use a fork.

injuredinmelee
06-29-2006, 05:27 PM
Its gonna be a world full of pansies. Raise your kids to be intellegent and responsible for their own actions and we might have a chance.

sahen
06-29-2006, 05:35 PM
wow i broke 5 bones when i was younger and i dont think myparents ever thought of suing whoever was involved though im guessing they could have if you can sue for cuts and bruises....kinda ridiculous, in first grade i jumped off a swing and landed head first, had a concussion but we didnt sue for that....what r kids gonna do if they take all that stuff away? just stand around and talk?

LH Panther Mom
06-29-2006, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
I'm betting all of us had our fair share of playground accidents
:doh: My most painful memory was when I was in a swing, laying on my stomach, twisting around and around. The "idea" was that once I had turned around numerous times, I'd pick up my feet and go in reverse really fast. Great idea until the last couple of rounds when my face started scraping on the dirt and gravel.

Good grief! It's bad enough that dodge ball has been banned numerous places. Red Rover...tag? What happened? Did little Johnny have to be "IT" too many times? :hand:

GOFOR2
06-29-2006, 05:41 PM
And now Texas is mandating that classrooms incorporate a new health policy into their curriculums. As if being a doctor, psychiatrist, motivator, pastor, care tacker, and emotional support group among other things isnt enough. What is the role of the parent? I can't blame teachers for moving onto higher pay jobs to improve their retirement or even for moving onto other fields.

injuredinmelee
06-29-2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by GOFOR2
And now Texas is mandating that classrooms incorporate a new health policy into their curriculums. As if being a doctor, psychiatrist, motivator, pastor, care tacker, and emotional support group among other things isnt enough. What is the role of the parent? I can't blame teachers for moving onto higher pay jobs to improve their retirement or even for moving onto other fields.

So many people want to teachers and educators to raise their children but refuse to allow the schools to hold them responsible for their own actions. It takes a special type of person to want to teach anymore.

GOFOR2
06-29-2006, 05:57 PM
I would like to see them state legislators try and do half of what the modern day teacher is "asked" to do in the classroom (TAKS, etc.) with the kids of this day and age.

lepfan
06-30-2006, 12:35 AM
I broke a classmate's arm in 1st grade playing red rover...thank goodness I never got sued...he turned out to be a really good friend ;)

It was funny at my class reunion a few weeks ago...another classmate brought that up :)

piratebg
06-30-2006, 12:43 AM
Next thing you know, they are going to start labelling elementary boys sex offenders just because the lay down under monkey bars or slides and watch the girls go by overhead. It's crazy.

spiveyrat
06-30-2006, 06:58 AM
If we don't watch it, we'll turn into France! :eek:

AggieJohn
06-30-2006, 07:40 AM
tag is so communist

Old Tiger
06-30-2006, 02:10 PM
We broke a kids collar bone in Burnet, 3rd grade I believe, when we were playing tackle football at recess.

LH Panther Mom
06-30-2006, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by piratebg
Next thing you know, they are going to start labelling elementary boys sex offenders just because the lay down under monkey bars or slides and watch the girls go by overhead. It's crazy.
My son had to go in "time out" when he was day care the year before he started kindergarten. He kissed a little girl on the cheek at the lunch table. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :doh:

sww-bull52
06-30-2006, 02:17 PM

:thinking: :thinking: :D :D

Blastoderm55
06-30-2006, 02:23 PM

Well, that's just boys being perverts. Society would be better off with stuff like that. :p