View Full Version : Circus Protest

pirate44
06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
PETA vs. DJETA
Local county DJs lead group against PETA’s protest

By John Allen/Caller.com
June 29, 2006

"No woman? What a waste of gas."

That was the feeling of one passer-by as more than 40 protesters gathered at lunchtime Thursday on the corner of South Padre Island Drive and Staples Street.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals had hinted that there might be a topless woman to help their yearly protest of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Instead, Corpus Christi was treated to a 30-year-old man in a Speedo painted as a tiger and put in a small cage.

Matt Rice of Norfolk, Va., travels the country ahead of the circus to protest because he feels the circus animals live in unsatisfactory conditions.

"I went to the circus when I was young," said Rice, who was supported by Corpus Christi residents Katie Murch and Sharlene Robinson. "But as soon as I found out how these animals were treated, I could never go again. And I think if most kids knew, you couldn’t get them to go to the circus."

PETA has come under fire in recent years for not making good use of donations. And that was the message K-99 disc jockeys Mark Wintrow and Chris O’Brien wanted to get across.

"What we’re doing is not going around, stirring up the dust and going away," Wintrow said. "We are here collecting dog and cat food for the local animal shelters and letting PETA know we don’t care for that they are doing.

"This is South Texas. We love our meat and our barbecue. So we are out here with DJETA, DJs Eating Tasty Animals."

Wintrow and O’Brien also gave away circus tickets and hot dogs.

http://www.caller2.com/2006/pics/ap/0629petalead.jpg

http://www.caller2.com/2006/pics/ap/0629petatiger.jpg

Phil C
06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 03:35 PM

what did you do this summer johny and sarah?
"We protested"

pirate44
06-29-2006, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by AggieJohn

what did you do this summer johny and sarah?
"We protested"
i like the little girls sign "we eat meat in texas"

i wonder if she would cry if she knew where her hamburger came from

SPF25
06-29-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
i like the little girls sign "we eat meat in texas"

i wonder if she would cry if she knew where her hamburger came from i cant help but laugh at that!!

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 03:40 PM
That sign on the right is hilarious. "We eat meat in Texas"
Yes, that's true, sweety, but we don't make our cows go and balance on a damn beachball. The people protesting PETA are missing the point. I like meat just as much as the next person, but making those animals prance around for peanuts isn't a very
humane thing to do.

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.strangepolice.com/images/content/11718.jpg
http://www.geocities.com/anti_sxe/peta.jpg
http://www.peta-sucks.com/godscreatures1.jpg

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
That sign on the right is hilarious. "We eat meat in Texas"
Yes, that's true, sweety, but we don't make our cows go and balance on a damn beachball. The people protesting PETA are missing the point. I like meat just as much as the next person, but making those animals prance around for peanuts isn't a very
humane thing to do.
I bet that animals that prance around are more tender. ;)

pirate44
06-29-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
Kobe beef is from cows who drink beer and get massages

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:13 PM
Kobe beef is from cows who drink beer and get massages
My point exactly! Beer drinking cows are bound to prance.:inlove:

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 04:17 PM

WRONG!!!

Quite dramatic. :p Why do you think they plug cows right in their melons unexpectedly? Animals that move too much, especially at the time of their demise, tend to have tough meat. Hence, a cannibal would love me. :D

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:23 PM
WRONG!!!

Quite dramatic. :p Why do you think they plug cows right in their melons unexpectedly? Animals that move too much, especially at the time of their demise, tend to have tough meat. Hence, a cannibal would love me. :D
I'll take your dern blastoderm and raise you a Hammer of Bogardan, buy it back and cast it again!:D

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
I'll take your dern blastoderm and raise you a Hammer of Bogardan, buy it back and cast it again!:D

Hammer doesn't have buyback. :mad: It actually goes to the yard and sticks its tongue at you during your upkeep.

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:29 PM
Hammer doesn't have buyback. :mad: It actually goes to the yard and sticks its tongue at you during your upkeep.
I'm so embarrased...
Hammer of Bogardan deals 3 damage to target creature or player.
2RRR: Return Hammer of Bogardan to your hand. Play this ability only during your upkeep and only if Hammer of Bogardan is in your graveyard.
I've let myself down for the last time.:(
lol

pirate44
06-29-2006, 04:30 PM
are you guys playing dungeons and dragons? :confused:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:32 PM
are you guys playing dungeons and dragons? :confused:
No...
Magic the Gathering CCG. It's for smaht ppl...:D

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 04:35 PM
No...
Magic the Gathering CCG. It's for smaht ppl...:D

It is? That's news to me. I'm quite the moron, and I managed to be pretty decent during my heyday. :p Stupid Regionals '03 and Grand Prix: Houston messed up my DCI rating. :mad:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:35 PM
One of these days, we've got to play.:thumbsup:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 04:39 PM
It is? That's news to me. I'm quite the moron, and I managed to be pretty decent during my heyday. :p Stupid Regionals '03 and Grand Prix: Houston messed up my DCI rating. :mad:
Then you must be "smaht"...:p
I played a few local tourneys but never cared about DCI and all. It sounds like you did well Bd55. Congratulations!
The game was mainly for several of us to play and socialize.
Overall best game out there imo.:)

Blastoderm55
06-29-2006, 04:48 PM
If I'm able to break away from the office one of these Saturdays, we can take in a tournament in S.A. I know next weekend is the prerelease tournament for Coldsnap, the newly created third set to the old Ice Age block. Some cards from IA and Alliances are even being reprinted for packaging in the preconstructed decks. Tournament format is sealed deck, so it puts everyone on a pretty even playing fealed, and it so happens to be probably one of the most formats around.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-29-2006, 04:57 PM
dont even get me started on peta. i have hated the everliving ;lkasdjf ladsjf adsj f; out of them for so long. i didnt want to be the one to start the thread, but now that the flood gates are open...some of my closer friends on here know about some of my ranting about peta, and none of it is pretty. they are one of hte biggest terrorist organizations in the country. they claim to help animals, they kill animals themselves and go around destroying other peoples property. i wish for one day to be left alone in a closed room with some animal activist. :foul: mayeb then i might be abel to get some of my recent aggression on them...speaking of, they are in texas right now, right? if they are does anyone know if they will be near the metroplex in the next few weeks? if so please oh please let me know.

JasperDog94
07-01-2006, 11:06 AM
They hate the mistreatment of animals, but they will objectify women to get their point across. Maybe NOW (National Organization of Women) should protest PETA.:)

Blastoderm55
07-01-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by JasperDog94
They hate the mistreatment of animals, but they will objectify women to get their point across. Maybe NOW (National Organization of Women) should protest PETA.:)

How do they objectify women? Are you referring to the nude protesters who pose in opposition of products made from animal fur? That's hardly the same as putting a girl to work at Hooters. :rolleyes:

JasperDog94
07-01-2006, 11:25 AM
How do they objectify women? Are you referring to the nude protesters who pose in opposition of products made from animal fur? That's hardly the same as putting a girl to work at Hooters. :rolleyes: I don't agree with that either.

Phantom Stang
07-01-2006, 11:41 AM
I love the circus.:)

pirate44
07-05-2006, 02:51 PM
i jsut got our tickets for the circus on Sunday. woohoo!! i cant wait.

slpybear the bullfan
07-05-2006, 09:11 PM

ROFLMAO

:clap:

slpybear the bullfan
07-05-2006, 09:17 PM
Okay... since Bullfrog got to state his angst... I will throw mine out there.

Show me any Animal Rights activist who is also Pro Choice and I will show you someone who has values of convenience.

Bah....

slpybear "feeling more old and grumpier than he really is"

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Show me any Animal Rights activist who is also Pro Choice and I will show you someone who has values of convenience.

Bah....

church!

SintonFan
07-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by slpybear the bullfan

Bah....

Moral relativism? Don't get me started...;)

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:18 AM
Moral relativism? Don't get me started...;)

lets not...

SintonFan
07-06-2006, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by District303aPastPlayer
lets not...
I haven't said anything!:eek:

District303aPastPlayer
07-06-2006, 01:21 AM
I haven't said anything!:eek:

i know, but check the 1st page, im ending my trend :)