Bull Butter
06-29-2006, 02:52 PM
http://www.caller2.com/2006/pics/ap/0629petatiger.jpg

PETA vs. DJETA
Local county DJs lead group against PETA’s protest

By John Allen/Caller.com
June 29, 2006

"No woman? What a waste of gas."

That was the feeling of one passer-by as more than 40 protesters gathered at lunchtime Thursday on the corner of South Padre Island Drive and Staples Street.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals had hinted that there might be a topless woman to help their yearly protest of the Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus. Instead, Corpus Christi was treated to a 30-year-old man in a Speedo painted as a tiger and put in a small cage.

Matt Rice of Norfolk, Va., travels the country ahead of the circus to protest because he feels the circus animals live in unsatisfactory conditions.

"I went to the circus when I was young," said Rice, who was supported by Corpus Christi residents Katie Murch and Sharlene Robinson. "But as soon as I found out how these animals were treated, I could never go again. And I think if most kids knew, you couldn’t get them to go to the circus."

PETA has come under fire in recent years for not making good use of donations. And that was the message K-99 disc jockeys Mark Wintrow and Chris O’Brien wanted to get across.

"What we’re doing is not going around, stirring up the dust and going away," Wintrow said. "We are here collecting dog and cat food for the local animal shelters and letting PETA know we don’t care for that they are doing.

"This is South Texas. We love our meat and our barbecue. So we are out here with DJETA, DJs Eating Tasty Animals."

Wintrow and O’Brien also gave away circus tickets and hot dogs.

pirate44
06-29-2006, 02:58 PM
dang, i was 2 minutes late on my thread.

funny stuff. im going to the circus on the 9th maybe.

Phil C
06-29-2006, 03:04 PM
SHOW SOME COMPASSION! :mad:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 03:10 PM
"DJETA, DJs Eating Tasty Animals"
Awesome!

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 03:31 PM
what a freak