PDA

View Full Version : I am a hero...

maroogreen
06-29-2006, 01:31 PM
My two-year-old daughter is deathly afraid of flies for some weird reason. I just killed one with a fly swatter. She thinks I am a superhero now. She is running around pretending to hit the fly, throwing her hands up in the air, and shouting, "Go Mommy!"

I am the queen of my house. :D

CHS_CG
06-29-2006, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by maroogreen
My two-year-old daughter is deathly afraid of flies for some weird reason. I just killed one with a fly swatter. She thinks I am a superhero now. She is running around pretending to hit the fly, throwing her hands up in the air, and shouting, "Go Mommy!"

lol that is awesome.. My daughter likes anything that moves.. its a game to try and catch it

pirate44
06-29-2006, 01:33 PM

way to go. i love stuff like that. my 2 year old son now things "squishing" ants is fun :D

pirate44
06-29-2006, 01:36 PM
my son likes to watch Veggie Tales. there is Larry the Cucumber who pretends to be a superhero. he says something like "I AM THAT HERO!"

anyway my son runs around saying "I AM THAT CHEERIO!"

SPF25
06-29-2006, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by CHS_CG
lol that is awesome.. My daughter likes anything that moves.. its a game to try and catch it
This is cute until they try to catch a bee like mikey did he got stung on the hand.

CHS_CG
06-29-2006, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by SPF25
This is cute until they try to catch a bee like mikey did he got stung on the hand.

she tries to stick her fingers in the birds cage and wont listen to us that he will bite her.. so my dad says the best way tolearn is to let the bird bite her....:(

Big Papa
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
anyway my son runs around saying "I AM THAT CHEERIO
ROFL

maroogreen
06-29-2006, 01:41 PM
Two-year-olds are the best. My daughter has an obsession with shoes (I know, she's starting young :) ) and insists that we all wear them at all times. If we take them off in the house, she brings them to us and tries to put them on our feet herself, yelling angry gibberish at us the entire time.

She also has her own Xbox game controller (an old one with the wires cut off by my husband) so she can "play" Xbox with her older brothers. We had to make one for her because she kept stealing her brothers' wireless controls and hiding them when they demanded she hand it back over. Since two such hidings involved a toilet, we felt she needed her own controller to hold.

Kids are so much fun :inlove: :inlove:

Ranger Mom
06-29-2006, 01:44 PM
she tries to stick her fingers in the birds cage and wont listen to us that he will bite her.. so my dad says the best way tolearn is to let the bird bite her....:(

She learned real fast at my house if you give "nilla wafers" to the puppies, they will almost take your hand off!! :D

44INAROW
06-29-2006, 01:45 PM

Kids are so much fun :inlove: :inlove:

Do I see more kids in the future :)

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Hopefully it's not a big bird...:eek:

maroogreen
06-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
Do I see more kids in the future :)

Okay, 44, that IS NOT funny!!!!! I have my hands full as it is. With the boys getting into fist fights with each other at the country club pool and my daughter insisting on putting on all of her costume jewelry whenever the young Mr. Cooper or any other high school boy comes by the house, I have enough to deal with for awhile.

It's why I have a tendency to "adopt" my students. They are finally teenagers and can always be sent back to their biological parents' house when I get irritated :D

Phil C
06-29-2006, 01:50 PM
Several years ago I brought a car from our local dealer with the deal that you could get a second car for $5.00 (I know you can imagine what kind those were and you would be right) but I only used it around town of course. Anyway I got a second car that I don't remember what kind it was but had a V-8 with a window out. My oldest son was in elementary school and he would be ashamed when I would pick him up. One day I took him out on the road and pushed on the acelerator and it speeded up very fast. His attitude changed and from then on he was proud of our old car. :)

44INAROW
06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
They are finally teenagers and can always be sent back to their biological parents' house:D

that's the nice thing about GRANDCHILDREN as well........:D - I don't have the stamina I used to have. 10 yr old and 5 year old little girls have endless amounts of energy :)

maroogreen
06-29-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by 44INAROW
that's the nice thing about GRANDCHILDREN as well........:D -

Hmmm, that's what my parent tell me, too :thinking:

piratebg
06-30-2006, 04:20 AM

I had the same experience, but the my experience was with a roach and I became the king. Now my son knows to go grab his jedi cloak and a shoe to take care of the problem. He is awesome.

Gobbla2001
07-01-2006, 12:30 PM
You're my hero too?:D