PDA

View Full Version : Adidas' Daily Poll...Thursday, June 29th

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 11:09 AM
This is more of a discussion topic than the others...but I will include a poll with it as well. I'll try to put this in the appropriate context so the discussion can stay within the parameters that I am intending to ask this question. The topic is:

Do you think that professional athletes use of performance enhancing drugs effects the way that you view the sport and the entertainment/interest that you have in that sport?

To try and further clarify, I am not asking "do you think that steroids are good/bad." I think that most of us would agree that they are harmful to the person in the long run. There is also the issue of "the users are setting bad examples for younger children/athletes that steroids are ok to use to help you perform better at your sport." This poll is not asking about either of those subjects. I hope that makes sense.

District303aPastPlayer
06-29-2006, 11:17 AM
In watching a game like baseball, where the only numbers that matter are the records... .400, 73(?), 7, and 755... i find it hard to believe now that some of these guys are actually doing it cleanly

Bulldog_12
06-29-2006, 11:21 AM
It does affect the way I view a sport. Like how do I know anything in baseball right now is real?

Tiger Baseball
06-29-2006, 11:21 AM
IMO the game should be played with natural ability http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_106v.gif

DaHop72
06-29-2006, 11:22 AM
The use of steriods in the game has definetly affected how I know view the game of baseball.

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 11:27 AM
what about in other sports? Do you not think that there are players in the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc. that are using performance enhancing drugs? Is it because since you don't know that they are...then you don't worry about it?

District303aPastPlayer
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
what about in other sports? Do you not think that there are players in the NFL, NHL, NBA, etc. that are using performance enhancing drugs? Is it because since you don't know that they are...then you don't worry about it?

Its not that it doesnt bother us... think about how baseball is 1 on 1, plus 8 others.. Pitcher vs Batter... in football, its a full 11 on 11... there really isnt much individuality except in open field tackling...

DaHop72
06-29-2006, 11:31 AM
I'm sure drugs are used in all sports. I just think that when it is brought to the forefront we tend to pay more attention to it.

Tiger Baseball
06-29-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Tiger Baseball
IMO the game should be played with natural ability http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/7/7_1_106v.gif

When I say game I mean all sports!

big daddy russ
06-29-2006, 12:23 PM
As far as my interest declining, not at all. I still watch baseball every night the Astros, Blue Jays, or Aaron Rowand are playing.

It's a lot like the DH rule in baseball. Do I think it takes away from the purity of the game? Absolutely.

Does that mean that I enjoy watching the game any less? Not at all.

Like adidas said, I guarantee there are just as many football players on performance-enhancing drugs than baseball players, even with the MLBPA pretty much running MLB. I'll never deny that it happens, but I'm not planning on giving up my football anytime soon.

big daddy russ
06-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Just to add to the above statement, there's a little corruption in everything and everyone around you. If you can't look past the bad to see the good, you'll live a miserable life. Same thing with sports, IMO.