PDA

View Full Version : Burnet Downlow

Buck
10-26-2003, 10:04 AM
Is there any way we can change the name of this website to "Burnet Down low?" We all know how great they are, and would like a 3A Football site that talks about football in the state of Texas...Not Burnet Football! I know there are some good posts on here concerning 3A Football, but when it gets to the point of talking about how great the Burnet freshmen are...that's ridiculous! I'm curious...next year when Burnet looses all of those seniors and are in 4A...will they continue to hang around 3A Down low? Lord I hope not!

For all the people that just here about their awesome freshmen team and their varsity... This is how the evil empire did this week:

7th grade B: Wimberley
7th grade A: Wimberley

8th grade B: Tie
8th grade A: Wimberley

9th grade: Burnet
JV : Wimberley

Varsity: Burnet

For those keeping record thats 4-2-1 in favor of Wimberley! Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 09:08 AM: Message edited by: Buck ]</small>

BHS#1
10-26-2003, 10:23 AM
Here we go again.

BHS#1
10-26-2003, 10:28 AM
Since this is only your 12th post I doubt you know what your talking about. Burnet Basher

District303aPastPlayer
10-26-2003, 10:35 AM
BHSFan #1, i have to disagree with you... look at his member number... he is part of the original 300.... so he has been here for a while, just hasnt posted... love the yankee reference, but im riding the fence here, time will tell how burnet does

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 10:47 AM
Buck:
Is there any way we can change the name of this website to "Burnet Down low?" We all know how great they are, and would like a 3A Football site that talks about football in the state of Texas...Not Burnet Football! I know there are some good posts on here concerning 3A Football, but when it gets to the point of talking about how great the Burnet freshmen are...that's ridiculous! I'm curious...next year when Burnet looses all of those seniors and are in 4A...will they continue to hang around 3A Down low? Lord I hope not!

For all the people that just here about their awesome freshmen team and their varsity... This is how the evil empire did this week:

For those keeping record thats 4-2-1 in favor of Wimberley! Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!Sorry you're offended Buck and it looks from your post that you will just probably say your piece and drop out of the conversation, which is probably what most of us should do. Burnet will probably go 4A next year and you won't have to put up with us anymore since this is a 3A site. You can then go back into hibernation until some other team beats Wimberley and you want to strike out at their fans.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

LH Panther Mom
10-26-2003, 11:40 AM
Since we beat Wimberley this year, he can bash on us. :)

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 12:00 PM
District303aPastPlayer:
BHSFan #1, i have to disagree with you... look at his member number... he is part of the original 300.... so he has been here for a while, just hasnt posted... love the yankee reference, but im riding the fence here, time will tell how burnet doesActually the term "Evil Empire" originated from the Star War movies and upon reflection, Burnet is a lot like the Death Star. Warm em up and Blast the other team away.

Also from the intelligence of this post, my guess is it's some kid using his father's sign in name.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

BHS#1
10-26-2003, 12:13 PM
Looks to me like the 2 string trying to start something since Jason and Gobbla are out of town.

jason
10-26-2003, 12:33 PM
BHS#1:
Looks to me like the 2 string trying to start something since Jason and Gobbla are out of town.:D :cool: wink

3afan
10-26-2003, 12:34 PM
Lets let Burnet have their moment. Based on how the 'Dogs have played the past 2 seasons they certainly deserve it. They are one of the elite teams of 2002-2003.

But, only time will tell if they can develop into an elite PROGRAM.

3afan2K3
10-26-2003, 01:06 PM
PAINTBALL:

District303aPastPlayer:
BHSFan #1, i have to disagree with you... look at his member number... he is part of the original 300.... so he has been here for a while, just hasnt posted... love the yankee reference, but im riding the fence here, time will tell how burnet doesActually the term "Evil Empire" originated from the Star War movies and upon reflection, Burnet is a lot like the Death Star. Warm em up and Blast the other team away.
You forgot the part where they get blown up at the end

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 12:26 PM: Message edited by: 3afan2K3 ]</small>

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 01:24 PM
I didn't see the Burnet-Wimberly J.V. game, but did see the 8th grade A team game and the Freshman game. Wimberley does have a quarterback for their 8th grade that is awesome. Reminds me a lot of McGee in the 8th grade. All the Burnet fans were very impressed and were giving him a lot of compliments. Then to read Buck's sour grape's post. What a world!

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 12:25 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

BurnetBandRules
10-26-2003, 01:25 PM
You know, the only time that Burnet is ever bashed on this site is normally by a team fan/player/supporter that just lost to them! We don't make excuses when we loose....that says alot! I bet there are as many Bunret Bashers on the Downlow as there are Burnet Supporters/Fans/Players! Come on, people. So many posters read a few posts about Burnet and then start a post ON BURNET about how they hate that we are good which then starts a post that goes on forever about Burnet. If they would realize that when you START a post on the #1 team in the state that it will most likely not end at 5 posts. PLEASE, get a life....find another team to bash.....and quit whinning! Have a nice day.

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 01:54 PM
3afan2K3:

PAINTBALL:

District303aPastPlayer:
You forgot the part where they get blown up at the endThat was last year. They fared a lot better in the next sequel.

<small>[ October 26, 2003, 01:13 PM: Message edited by: PAINTBALL ]</small>

bulldawg89
10-26-2003, 03:29 PM
Buck-

"IF" Burnet does go 4A next year, you can count on me still posting on this website just to piss you off big guy :D !

And... If you truly are part of the original 300, then you should know that it is your choice to click on a topic...But guess what BUCK, as for me and my team, were still a rollin' rather you like it or not :D !

"SAME TEAM...SAME DREAM!"

bigdogsbulldogmom
10-26-2003, 03:35 PM
Buck sounds a little disgruntled

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 04:03 PM
bigdogsbulldogmom:
Buck sounds a little disgruntledI've been thinking that maybe Buck(or his child) may have been thinking that Shipley left his first string in the entire game to run up the score. He should realize that this was actually a compliment to their coaches and team. They had come with a defensive game plan that slowed our passing game, and Shipley wanted to experiment with this defense as long as possible to see what might work in case it is used against us again.

espn1
10-26-2003, 04:42 PM
Buck:

For those keeping record thats 4-2-1 in favor of Wimberley! Enjoy the ride while it lasts!!I'll LMAO if Burnet stays 3A, which I predict.

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 04:47 PM
If Burnet stays 3A let's remember to make a very special post for our new friend and Buddy, Buck. LOL :D :D :D :D :D :D

Old Dog
10-26-2003, 04:56 PM
As said on here in one manner or another, it took Burnet 70 years to get to state the first time and 11 more years to return. We're enjoying the ride as anyone in their right mind would. So my uncharacteristic reply to Buck would just be "bite me"!

jason
10-26-2003, 05:07 PM
Old Dog:
As said on here in one manner or another, it took Burnet 70 years to get to state the first time and 11 more years to return. We're enjoying the ride as anyone in their right mind would. So my uncharacteristic reply to Buck would just be "bite me"!eek! eek! eek!

PAINTBALL
10-26-2003, 05:13 PM
jason:

Old Dog:
As said on here in one manner or another, it took Burnet 70 years to get to state the first time and 11 more years to return. We're enjoying the ride as anyone in their right mind would. So my uncharacteristic reply to Buck would just be "bite me"!eek! eek! eek! Burnet had not even won a playoff game in football before the 1991 season. I think we're entitled to be excited over last year and this year. I hope this is the year for Burnet to finally bring home the ring.

clay
10-27-2003, 10:01 AM
I'm confused, I heard that Wimberley's freshman won. Will someone please clear this up for me cause I am hearing different stories. And I want to know the JV score. Thanks

BHS#1
10-27-2003, 11:51 AM
Burnet Freshman won 49-16 The JV lost but I don't know the score.

spiveyrat
10-27-2003, 12:15 PM
3afan2K3:

PAINTBALL:

District303aPastPlayer:
You forgot the part where they get blown up at the end...twice. :D

JasperDog94
10-27-2003, 12:47 PM
3afan:
Lets let Burnet have their moment. Based on how the 'Dogs have played the past 2 seasons they certainly deserve it. They are one of the elite teams of 2002-2003.

But, only time will tell if they can develop into an elite PROGRAM.I agree 100%! They've got a great team right now, so let them enjoy it. I've noticed that the frequent posters from Burnet aren't obnoxious, like some we all know of. Let them enjoy the moment. :)

20StephDawg05
10-27-2003, 04:28 PM
I cant stand it when people get jealous over something they just can't have. Burnet is an awesome team and has worked hard to get where they are. To many people hate us for no reason. If another team was as great as us, I'm sure we would be hearing about it on here and people would be talking about them just as much as they do about us. It's just our time to shine. So get over it. Mostly everyone will get there chance...Well I guess everyone cept Llano. Sorry I hada put that HEHEHE... :D So everyone who can't take that we're better, just get over it...Plus we might go to 4a, which I personally hope we do. I want to see a game between Burnet and Marble Falls. Old rivals. Well ne ways I will leave with this....

Burnet is goin' all the way baby!!!

CatWoman
10-27-2003, 04:37 PM
I think the majority of the posters hope Burnet wins it all. I would really like to get to see them play, but don't think I will unless I get to see the televised version of the State game!!

jason
10-27-2003, 05:10 PM
CatWoman:
I think the majority of the posters hope Burnet wins it all. I would really like to get to see them play, but don't think I will unless I get to see the televised version of the State game!!no offense, but i think you're wrong...you know everybody on here from Burnet wants them to win...BUT, most who are NOT from Burnet, including myself, want to see them get Upset (by Forney..hehe)...They (burnet) are the best team in the state and therefore they have a target on their back. I hope they make it to the State Finals and Meet Forney....too bad Burnet will finish 14-1

<small>[ October 27, 2003, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: jason ]</small>

CatWoman
10-27-2003, 05:26 PM
jason:

CatWoman:
I think the majority of the posters hope Burnet wins it all. I would really like to get to see them play, but don't think I will unless I get to see the televised version of the State game!!no offense, but i think you're wrong...you know everybody on here from Burnet wants them to win...BUT, most who are NOT from Burnet, including myself, want to see them get Upset (by Forney..hehe)...They (burnet) are the best team in the state and therefore they have a target on their back. I hope they make it to the State Finals and Meet Forney....too bad Burnet will finish 14-1Yes Jason, I know I'm wrong, what's more, I lied. I was trying to be nice, but dang I really get tired of reading how they think they can't be beat. I do agree they are the best in the State right now and will be until some team changes that, and for some reason deep down I hope someone does change it.

CatWoman
10-27-2003, 05:46 PM
ttt