PDA

View Full Version : A Motion for 3ADL Change

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I know I have already had my daily poll...but this isn't sports-related so it shouldn't be a daily poll.

Would you be in favor of having an 18+ board on the 3ADL? It would require your approval by the mods and the board would only be viewable by those on the approved list...which wouldn't be accessible to the general 3ADL populus.

pirate44
06-28-2006, 01:38 PM
put it in the suggestion box

AggieJohn
06-28-2006, 01:39 PM
i think he did...and i;m for it, i think it would cut down on the number of in season rommies

pirate44
06-28-2006, 01:41 PM
im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end

AggieJohn
06-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by pirate44
im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end message boards only die if they don't have a following, most of the following is adults on this board

bullfrog_alumni_02
im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end agreed. plus the rommies give us stuff to laugh at. or someone i shoudl say... :D

Adidas410s
im kind of torn. on one hand, the young ones would be protected, but i have a feeling it would split the board and be the beginning of its end

The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations.

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 01:43 PM
There is no way to verify whether or not someone really is 18+.

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
There is no way to verify whether or not someone really is 18+.

That is why I said it would have to be with mod approval. That way it wouldn't allow somebody to just sign up, punch in their age as 36, and go into that forum. People on here know each other...so you would be able to find out if just about anybody here in 18+.

At the same time...if somebody faked their age to get into that forum...then they are acknowledging that they are ok with the content that they are about to see...who are we to judge their decisions?

pirate44
06-28-2006, 01:46 PM
i dont see this thing as being broke. i kinda like it the way it is, but i wont gripe if its changed. que sera, sera

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 01:48 PM
im for it.....would censoring still take place?

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
im for it.....would censoring still take place?

I would hope so. I am not suggesting that the place turn into a free for all. I'm saying that it allows 1) people to not feel censored by their comments and 2) allows for more "adult content" that is within reason. I'm not suggesting that it turn into a dirty, filthy site by any means. Just a place that allows for more colorful jokes and banter amongst the forum regulars.

KTJ
06-28-2006, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adidas410s
The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations. [/Q

I suggested this a long time ago.

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Adidas410s
I would hope so. I am not suggesting that the place turn into a free for all. I'm saying that it allows 1) people to not feel censored by their comments and 2) allows for more "adult content" that is within reason. I'm not suggesting that it turn into a dirty, filthy site by any means. Just a place that allows for more colorful jokes and banter amongst the forum regulars.

cool, that is what i was going for

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by KTJ
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Adidas410s
The other big stipulation that I would suggest is that it be a non-football board. The football discussion would still have to be over here. It would also move a lot of the non-football talk to another forum for those who come here periodically (mainly in-season) and expect to see only football conversations. [/Q

I suggested this a long time ago.

stop whining cuz you aren't gonna get your beer. Heck I think you should have to buy a round for anybody that wasted their time opening that thread! ;)

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 02:04 PM
If that's what you want, find a place where it's allowed. ;)

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 02:05 PM
If that's what you want, find a place where it's allowed. ;)

It's not about where...it's about who's there! ;)

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 02:33 PM
Absolutely not!!:mad:
The common interest of the members is supposed to be High School sports. Having an "Adults Only" section, would be flat out weird.

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by Phantom Stang
Absolutely not!!:mad:
The common interest of the members is supposed to be High School sports. Having an "Adults Only" section, would be flat out weird.

haha, sometimes i forget this is a "highschool sport" site....i think its just the offseason thats throwing us all around

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
So I guess what your saying is, that you don't want a board where it's ok to talk smut, you just want a board where it's ok to talk smut.
:rolleyes:

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 02:38 PM
flat out weird.
Consider the source. :devil:

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 02:44 PM
Consider the source. :devil:

pardon? :confused:

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 02:45 PM
So I guess what your saying is, that you don't want a board where it's ok to talk smut, you just want a board where it's ok to talk smut.
:rolleyes:

if you don't grasp the difference in what I was pointing out...and what you are assuming that I mean...then trying to explain it any further would be useless.

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 02:59 PM
pardon? :confused:
It was supposed to be a joke. If I have to explain it, it either went over your head or wasn't that funny. :p

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 03:00 PM
It was supposed to be a joke. If I have to explain it, it either went over your head or wasn't that funny. :p
The little :devil: face made me question it...

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 03:01 PM
if you don't grasp the difference in what I was pointing out...and what you are assuming that I mean...then trying to explain it any further would be useless.
Sorry you failed to see the wit in what I said there, Sli... I mean Adidas!!:p

Old Tiger
06-28-2006, 03:09 PM
There is no way to verify whether or not someone really is 18+. You must submit a valid driver license to gain access to the board

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 03:09 PM
It's not about where...it's about who's there! ;)
Why not start your own site, using a free hosting service? Then you could send known to be adult members of the 3ADL, a PM with a link. That way, you would be the Administrator, and could thereby set your own terms of what is "within reason.";)

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 03:15 PM
Why not start your own site, using a free hosting service? Then you could send known to be adult members of this site, a PM with a link. That way, you would be the Administrator, and could thereby set your own terms of what is "within reason";)

1. My name is not LewP...nor do I have any desire to do anything similar to what he did.

2. I am perfectly happy with the 3ADL and the terms that they have in place. However, there is a lot of room for interpretation within general guideline #1 of this board (feel free to go read the rules) but (as a general assumption) the adults on this board realize what is appropriate to post in the forum here. There are many times that fellow posters and myself will send PM's back and forth to discuss things that wouldn't go over too well in public. Just because we can't post something in front of a 14 yr old doesn't mean that it is tasteless or "smut" as you termed it. It is simply something that can only be properly appreciated at a certain age...the standard of which in this country is 18 yrs old.

GreenMonster
06-28-2006, 03:30 PM
1. My name is not LewP...nor do I have any desire to do anything similar to what he did.

2. I am perfectly happy with the 3ADL and the terms that they have in place. However, there is a lot of room for interpretation within general guideline #1 of this board (feel free to go read the rules) but (as a general assumption) the adults on this board realize what is appropriate to post in the forum here. There are many times that fellow posters and myself will send PM's back and forth to discuss things that wouldn't go over too well in public. Just because we can't post something in front of a 14 yr old doesn't mean that it is tasteless or "smut" as you termed it. It is simply something that can only be properly appreciated at a certain age...the standard of which in this country is 18 yrs old.

I'm with you Adidas. I know what you are saying. There have been many times where I have decided something that I have written was too racy for the board and gone back and reworded my reply but somehow it lost it's luster along the way. What I had written wasn't exactly inappropriate or tasteless it was just something that I would prefer a 14 yr old didn't read.

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
I'm with you Adidas. I know what you are saying. There have been many times where I have decided something that I have written was too racy for the board and gone back and reworded my reply but somehow it lost it's luster along the way. What I had written wasn't exactly inappropriate or tasteless it was just something that I would prefer a 14 yr old didn't read.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Glad to hear that the Prez and the C.O.O. agree...this is a good thing indeed! :thumbsup:

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 03:38 PM
I didn't say to create an anti-3A Down Low.Nor did I suggest to compete with it.
The purpose of my post was that you could offer some of the members here a "home away from home".
This would require a little gumption on your part, however.

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Do you all know that this is how civil wars begin?:D

JasperDog94
06-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Leave it like it is. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Bullaholic
06-28-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Do you all know that this is how civil wars begin?:D

The "real" war begins with wk 0, SW Red.......

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Bullaholic
The "real" war begins with wk 0, SW Red.......
:( Not for me. I don't think we have any Waco Connally folks for me to "visit" with. :weeping: :weeping:

Bullaholic
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
:( Not for me. I don't think we have any Waco Connally folks for me to "visit" with. :weeping: :weeping:

Well, talk a little "trash", LHPMom and you might be surprised who is a Waco Connally fan. Heck, ol' Sahen may take up their cause....

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 03:52 PM
That ain't no joke.

What's funny is week 0 my grandpa and I are in the stands
sweating our butts off.

By week 13 or 14 we are in the stands freezing our butts off.:D

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
That ain't no joke.

sweating our butts off.

By week 13 or 14 we are in the stands freezing our butts off.:D

too bad Snyder doesn't know what that is like! :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 03:55 PM
too bad Snyder doesn't know what that is like! :rolleyes:

dang it...I hijacked my own thread with that one! ;)

DaHop72
06-28-2006, 03:57 PM
too bad Snyder doesn't know what that is like! :rolleyes: :evil: :evil: :evil: :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

lostaussie

sweating our butts off.

By week 13 or 14 we are in the stands freezing our butts off.:D i enjoy the end much more than the beginning. i hope i'm freezing my butt off in week 15:D

Bullaholic
dang it...I hijacked my own thread with that one! ;)

Yep......and you just "dumped" a whole pack of Mentos into a 2-litre Diet Coke.......:D

Emerson1
06-28-2006, 03:59 PM
I think we should have an under 50 board, because the only people who complain about jokes and other things are old.

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 04:00 PM
Just wait 'till week0 LHPM, and I'll tell ya how the Cadets are gonna kick yall's butts!! :p

:D

Bullaholic
06-28-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think we should have an under 40 board, because the only people who complain about jokes and other things are old.

Maybe we feel like we're a lot closer to the time when we can feel the devil tugging on our butts, Emerson. :D

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 04:09 PM
Honestly, it's probably a good thing SOME of us realize that
there are youngsters on here. Otherwise, some posts may
get out of hand.

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 04:10 PM
If there were an over 18 board...can you imagine how bad things
would probably get?

pirate4state
06-28-2006, 04:35 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
I think we should have an under 50 board, because the only people who complain about jokes and other things are old.

How's that for maturity?? :devil:

Emerson1
06-28-2006, 04:38 PM
Don't worry, you are still 17 years away.

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
How's that for maturity?? :devil:

lol...you sent me that last week because you figured you would get in trouble for using it. Change your mind? ;)

Bullaholic
06-28-2006, 04:49 PM
What's wrong with a Smilie preparing to throw "dice"?

Cameron Crazy
06-28-2006, 04:50 PM

Im 16 now forrest!:D

Adidas410s
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM

ROFL...

pirate4state
06-28-2006, 04:53 PM
lol...you sent me that last week because you figured you would get in trouble for using it. Change your mind? ;) what do you think wise guy? :doh:

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 04:55 PM
:D :D :clap:

LH Panther Mom
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
Well, talk a little "trash", LHPMom and you might be surprised who is a Waco Connally fan. Heck, ol' Sahen may take up their cause....
True, although I spent an entire week talking to myself last season about Wimberley. :D

Just wait 'till week0 LHPM, and I'll tell ya how the Cadets are gonna kick yall's butts!! :p

:D
:kiss: :inlove: :kiss: Thank you!

Bulldog_12
06-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I think it could be a good thing. It could kinda be set up like the rivals site and stuff like that for college teams. You have the regular board, and then you have the members only forums. You have to pay to join and go into those forums, but I would hope we wouldnt have to pay for the 18+ stuff. lol You could even disguise it with a different name so peple dont feel discriminated against because they arent 18 or just not invited. lol:D

AP Panther Fan
06-28-2006, 05:05 PM
I voted!

You guys always do the fun stuff when I can't be here to argue....:p :D

bulldogbark
06-28-2006, 05:57 PM
darn does that make me have to move to the 18 and under board...being so young is a great burden:D

big daddy russ
06-28-2006, 06:10 PM
I gotta say no. One of the things that makes this site so great is mix of personalities on here. If we had an 18+ section, most of the older posters would probably post almost exclusively there while the kids would be left to themselves and may not develop the relationships that we've had with some of the younger posters in the past.

Besides that, those guys tend to know more about what's going on within their team than we do, so I kind of like having them around to talk about it. If we split up the board, we may lose a few.

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 06:12 PM
Just because we can't post something in front of a 14 yr old doesn't mean that it is tasteless or "smut" as you termed it. It is simply something that can only be properly appreciated at a certain age...the standard of which in this country is 18 yrs old.
This proves how little you know about 14 year olds.:p
They're the ones that appreciate it the most.:D

Ranger Mom
06-28-2006, 06:40 PM
Adidas, as much as I understand where you are coming from, I have to say "leave it like it is". I know there are some things on here that people complain about, that I just don't think is all that bad. Heck, I even had one of my own jokes reported once, but it was offensive to at least ONE person and that was enough for me, I deleted it.

That being said, when the question comes up about splitting up the forums between sports and general discussion, I vehemently fight against it. IMO, that very thing is what makes the board what it is today.

pirate44
06-28-2006, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
Adidas, as much as I understand where you are coming from, I have to say "leave it like it is". I know there are some things on here that people complain about, that I just don't think is all that bad. Heck, I even had one of my own jokes reported once, but it was offensive to at least ONE person and that was enough for me, I deleted it.

That being said, when the question comes up about splitting up the forums between sports and general discussion, I vehemently fight against it. IMO, that very thing is what makes the board what it is today.
i didnt quite know how to put it, but i agree with what you said 100%

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 12:23 AM
I know I have already had my daily poll...but this isn't sports-related so it shouldn't be a daily poll.

Would you be in favor of having an 18+ board on the 3ADL? It would require your approval by the mods and the board would only be viewable by those on the approved list...which wouldn't be accessible to the general 3ADL populus.
This has been discussed more than once. Wisdom has prevailed everytime with a big no...
jeez, do a search on these things.:p

Gobbla2001
06-29-2006, 12:22 PM
I say no... we were all children once and wanted to post with the big dogs...

The fact is we'd all be over there raisin' hell and having a good time why the little weenies are on their side of things... #1 it'd be separation, #2 when they turned 18 they'd be way behind coming into our grounds...

I say we just start cussin' and stuff on here.... dammit:D

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
I say no... we were all children once and wanted to post with the big dogs...

The fact is we'd all be over there raisin' hell and having a good time why the little weenies are on their side of things... #1 it'd be separation, #2 when they turned 18 they'd be way behind coming into our grounds...

I say we just start cussin' and stuff on here.... dammit:D rebel

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2006, 12:42 PM
I'm curious as to what the demographic of this poll result is.

How the under 18's and over 18's are voting.

eagles_victory
06-29-2006, 12:51 PM
Your going to have a message board about high school football but only people above 18 can post so its about high school age kids but they cant use it thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard :mad:

Cameron Crazy
06-29-2006, 12:54 PM
I second that!:D

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
Your going to have a message board about high school football but only people above 18 can post so its about high school age kids but they cant use it thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard :mad:

did you read any of the first 67 posts on this thread? If you did you would see that I was suggesting a General Discussion board that was 18+. I never said let's get rid of this board...I never said we couldn't talk football. Heck...none of us would even be on this site if it wasn't for high school football...do some reading before posting! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Cameron Crazy
I second that!:D
bandwagonner...

Big Papa
06-29-2006, 01:12 PM
bandwagonner...

is that even a word or did you just make that up

Sweetwater Red
06-29-2006, 01:14 PM
I think he meant bandwagoneer...kinda like Jeep wagoneer??:D

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Big Papa
is that even a word or did you just make that up

bandwagonner - one who jumps on bandwagons! ;)

I do believe that "bandwagoneer" is the more commonly accepted slang term to use. Same meaning though...

Big Papa
06-29-2006, 01:24 PM
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh it all becomes surprisingly clear

ADIDAS YOU'RE MY HERO

eagles_victory
06-29-2006, 02:31 PM
did you read any of the first 67 posts on this thread? If you did you would see that I was suggesting a General Discussion board that was 18+. I never said let's get rid of this board...I never said we couldn't talk football. Heck...none of us would even be on this site if it wasn't for high school football...do some reading before posting! :thumbsup: you must not of understood what i said chief bc i didnt say anything about people not being able to talk football. dont run up :rolleyes:

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
you must not of understood what i said chief bc i didnt say anything about people not being able to talk football. dont run up :rolleyes:

you said:

"Your going to have a message board about high school football but only people above 18 can post so its about high school age kids but they cant use it thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard "

Let's try this again...

1. I never said I wanted a message board about HS Football that is only for people above 18.

2. What I did say was that I wouldn't minding have a 18+ GENERAL DISCUSSION board added as an additional forum ALONG WITH THE FOOTBALL DISCUSSION board that is already in place.

3. Based on what you have said...you haven't processed one thing that I or anybody else has written.

4. The Chief was kicked off of here a long time ago...don't go comparing me to him now! :thumbsup:

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom

A few thoughts...

1. Why must somebody have to change something that they feel "appropriate" simply because somebody else doesn't like it? Since when was it written in the bylaws that we had to SHOW SOME POLITICAL CORRECTNESS!!! :mad:

2. People think it would cause a split amongst the posters but I don't think that is the case. So many people are so scared of change or "trying something new" that they refuse to consider other possibilities because they are set in their ways. I don't think having an additional "specialized" forum would take away from this still being the main forum of the board.

3. There aren't a lot of "adult conversations" that would pertain to football that would take place in another forum that couldn't take place here.

4. For those of you that are a part of other message boards (RM and the other football sites..Gobbla and Galleywinter, etc)...do you not browse around through the multiple forums on that site? I have 3 other boards that I post on with some regularity and I know that I view and/or post on 2-4 of the different forums within that particular board.

Just some thoughts...I find it interesting how defensive some people get about suggesting any type of changes be made on here. :thinking:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 02:54 PM
I'm not skeered...
but I can tell you this has been brought up a few times before.

Adidas410s
06-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I'm not skeered...
but I can tell you this has been brought up a few times before.

so what's wrong with bringing it up again?

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 03:03 PM
so what's wrong with bringing it up again?
Nothing, just saying these things run in cycles. I am of the opinion that splitting the board is a bad idea. I don't go to other sites that much because of all the different forums. Having it all in one tidy place actually stimulates talk imho. That and I'm just too lazy to search different forums.