PDA

View Full Version : Push or No?

injuredinmelee
06-28-2006, 12:38 PM
I stink at this dating thing.

Gobbla2001
06-28-2006, 12:42 PM
need more information man...

How long have y'all been dating, when was the last time, what have y'all been doin' (and you better not be doin' that), do you even like bowling, how many fingers am I holdin' up?

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 12:44 PM
I say get her drunk and see how easy she....oh, wait never mind:devil:

What kinda vibe are you getting from her at this point?

That should answer your own question.:D

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-28-2006, 01:06 PM
first, i personally would take a break tonight, too much too fast is definately a bad thing. also time away from each other will make you closer, believe it or not.
second, why in the heck are you asking for advice on dating ON THE INTERNET?!?!?!? i know the d'low is more of a family, but ***?
third, if i were you i would prolly disregard number 2 and just go with my frist thing up there.:D

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 01:07 PM
It all depends on the vibe your getting from her

pirate4state
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by bullfrog_alumni_02
second, why in the heck are you asking for advice on dating ON THE INTERNET?!?!?!? i know the d'low is more of a family, but ***?
third, if i were you i would prolly disregard number 2 and just go with my frist thing up there.:D

:clap: :clap: Sweet .... :D

CHS_CG
06-28-2006, 01:08 PM
first, i personally would take a break tonight, too much too fast is definately a bad thing. also time away from each other will make you closer, believe it or not.

:doh: :doh: :D

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 01:10 PM
[B also time away from each other will make you closer, believe it or not.

[/B] that is very true you would never think that until your away from someone but your right bullfrog

wedo
06-28-2006, 01:11 PM
I'd take a break IMO. But don't make it sound like you don't want to go out, if she really wants to do something then go for it!!!

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 01:14 PM
I think now that I thought about it for a second that you should take a little bit of a break bc it looks like ur too into her 3 nights in a row you give her the edge on you she knows shes got you and you cant give up that edge this early. Its like being down 2 touchdowns in the first 3 minutes of the game. Dating is a marathon not a sprint.

wedo
06-28-2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by eagles_victory
I think now that I thought about it for a second that you should take a little bit of a break bc it looks like ur too into her 3 nights in a row you give her the edge on you she knows shes got you and you cant give up that edge this early. Its like being down 2 touchdowns in the first 3 minutes of the game. Dating is a marathon not a sprint.

Good point!!! hey injuredinmelee take this advice!!!

GreenMonster
06-28-2006, 01:29 PM
Ask her what she wants to do.

bullfrog_alumni_02
06-28-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by GreenMonster
Ask her what she wants to do. why do that, this could give a false appearance of insecurity...thats the last thing you want to do. id say call her and tell her your going out with the boys tonight. and you will call her when you get in. but if you do, be darned sure you call her when you get in. wemon get way ticked when you say you will call and then dont. im guilty of this, and have had many butt chewings for it, but you cant teach an old dog new tricks...

AggieJohn
06-28-2006, 02:56 PM
so waht's the verdict

pero chato
06-28-2006, 03:05 PM
Hang out and get to know her - without the distractions of the surroundings of a date. If you have a specialty dish, then cook for her. Or if you're like me, grill the best steak in the world and ask her to bring dessert. The evenings around here lately have been tolerable weather, so maybe an outside arrangement by the pool? or back porch? In other words, a quiet, slow evening.

GreenMonster
06-28-2006, 03:18 PM
why do that, this could give a false appearance of insecurity...thats the last thing you want to do. id say call her and tell her your going out with the boys tonight. and you will call her when you get in. but if you do, be darned sure you call her when you get in. wemon get way ticked when you say you will call and then dont. im guilty of this, and have had many butt chewings for it, but you cant teach an old dog new tricks...

I totally disagree. By asking her what she wants to do you are showing her that you have grown as a man and are comfortable enough with your manliness to ask her opinion. More than likely she's gonna say she wants to get cozy on the couch with another movie or something to that effect. Hey Rick, spring the "Great Rickadamus" out on her and tell her her future!

DUKE22
06-28-2006, 03:41 PM
Take her best friend out.

DaHop72
06-28-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by DUKE22
Take her best friend out. :confused: :confused:

Black_Magic
06-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Take her best friend out. Naw. Take her Sister out!

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 05:03 PM
Take her best friend out.

Originally posted by Black_Magic
Naw. Take her Sister out!

haha, yall 2 are crazy

injuredinmelee
06-28-2006, 06:37 PM
Many of you wont believe this but I actually had to work today. Didnt get to check in on my poll. I will answer a few of the questions posed:

Just started hanging out , not sure if it is dating or not, 3 days ago.

Someone asked about why ask the internet but he also answered the question.. family bra... Heck this has been my life besides work and sleep since i got divorced. I have been updating the story for the last 3 days so i figured some of the folks that know me personally and know I am in way over my head here would like an update or a chance to poke fun at me...lol

the other reason man I suck at this dating thing. You get out of the game for so long and then boom your back in. I am in WAYYYYY over my head.

SO anyways here is what I did... I went with my gut feeling. Layed low most of the day.. sent the obligatory "hope your having a great day" text message and that set off the text bombs for the rest of the day. Decided I would let her decide or bring up if she wanted to hang out or do something tonight. She called and does want to bowl then go hang out.

how can yall leave me with a tie by the way?

Ranger Mom
06-28-2006, 06:52 PM
My advice is....take your vibe from her, like one poster said.

I was kinda like you (well not really, I was dating before my divorce was final, but that's a whole other story).

I wasn't a teenager anymore, and wasn't getting any younger, I didn't have time to "play the game". I saw what I wanted and went for it full speed ahead.

Had he told me, I'm going out with the boys tonight, I would have had a bad feeling about the whole thing. As it was, he wanted to see me as much as I wanted to see him!

We didn't take any breaks and got married 2-1/2 months after my divorce was final...10 years later I haven't regretted a second of it.

slpybear the bullfan
06-28-2006, 06:59 PM
I'd say just hang out with her...

...then ask her to hang out again with you the next night...

...along with your vacuum, mop, and dirty clothes.

*duck*

:p missed me!

injuredinmelee
06-28-2006, 07:22 PM
ok eiher im not as ugly as I thought.. but im not betting the farm on that one, or I am one lucky son of a gun!!!

DaHop72
06-28-2006, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
ok eiher im not as ugly as I thought.. but im not betting the farm on that one, or I am one lucky son of a gun!!! Quite possibly the latter.:devil: :devil:

big daddy russ
06-28-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
ok eiher im not as ugly as I thought.. but im not betting the farm on that one, or I am one lucky son of a gun!!!
It probably has nothing to do with either one, man.... Still, it's good to hear you're back on the horse. If this one doesn't work out, get one that's just as hot and don't look back.

It's been my experience that getting a girl has nothing to do with looks and everything to do with personality. IHStangFan is one of the ugliest bastards around, but he gets more numbers than a calculus prof. :D

Bandera YaYa
06-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Definitely go after what you want. But you shouldn't have to spend every spare minute with her to keep her interested. Don't become one of those desperate guys who try too hard .....I just think a man needs his own space with his own friends...I certainly know I do! A man becomes too needy and clingy and I bolt. I just know that if a man wanted to see me every nite at the beginning of the relationship, it would totally scare me. I've seen alot of new couples fizzle out quick, when they try to go too fast too soon. I mean, be a little mysterious and not so available....I mean you don't want to be wrapped around her little finger, do ya??? :thinking: :D :D

Big Papa
06-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Someone asked about why ask the internet but he also answered the question.. family bra...

ok im confused...now how does a family bra answer that question...and what exactly is a family bra...we don't have one here:D :D

just playin bra good luck with the lady

injuredinmelee
06-28-2006, 11:42 PM
I am making my friens and employees sick with my constant whistling and good moods. They asked me today to quit being so freaking happy... lol

we palyed 36 holes of putt putt tonight. I easily win the first side. She dominates on the back with a hole in one... shes still rubbing it in.