PDA

View Full Version : Boy shot with screwdriver-loaded paintball gun dies

Blastoderm55
06-28-2006, 11:20 AM
This has to be a first. Poor kid. :(

By The Associated Press
June 27, 2006

EL PASO, Texas- A 9-year-old boy who was shot in the eye with a screwdriver-loaded paintball gun died Tuesday, El Paso police said.

Matthew Holguin was injured late Monday when two men were playing with a paintball gun with a screwdriver loaded inside, police said. When the gun was fired by one of the men, Matthew was wounded in his right eye and taken to a local hospital.

Police said Christian Sifuentes, 22, of El Paso, and Filiberto Soto, 21, of Las Vegas, were both arrested after the shooting on charges of injuring a child and possession of marijuana.

Both men remained jailed Tuesday at the El Paso County jail. Bond was set at $35,000.

AggieJohn
06-28-2006, 11:21 AM
idiots

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Blastoderm55
This has to be a first. Poor kid. :(

By The Associated Press
June 27, 2006

EL PASO, Texas- A 9-year-old boy who was shot in the eye with a screwdriver-loaded paintball gun died Tuesday, El Paso police said.

Matthew Holguin was injured late Monday when two men were playing with a paintball gun with a screwdriver loaded inside, police said. When the gun was fired by one of the men, Matthew was wounded in his right eye and taken to a local hospital.

Police said Christian Sifuentes, 22, of El Paso, and Filiberto Soto, 21, of Las Vegas, were both arrested after the shooting on charges of injuring a child and possession of marijuana.

Both men remained jailed Tuesday at the El Paso County jail. Bond was set at $35,000.

wow....(shakes head)....wow:doh:

a 22 year old, a 21 year old and a 9 year old....:doh:

slpybear the bullfan
06-28-2006, 12:03 PM
Pathetic. And incredibly sad.

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Of course, the obvious question being...Where were the parents?

Gobbla2001
06-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
Of course, the obvious question being...Where were the parents?

Hell, you saying you can't let your kid play outside?

That's just how it goes over there in Texico, I guess...

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 12:25 PM
Not when you have two dope smoking idiots playing with
a screw-driver loaded paintball gun in your yard...next door...
where ever.

You should always know what type of enviroment your kids are
in. Whether it be at school or at a friends house or anywhere.

Gobbla2001
06-28-2006, 12:27 PM
Not when you have two dope smoking idiots playing with
a screw-driver loaded paintball gun in your yard...next door...
where ever.

You should always know what type of enviroment your kids are
in. Whether it be at school or at a friends house or anywhere.

And the parents are supposed to know that they live in that type of environment?

I have a paintball gun and a screwdriver, I think I'm just gunna drive 50 miles, find a town and shoot a kid with the screwdriver-loaded paintball gun, then we can blame it on the parents...

Hell, let's declair martial-law why don't we...

DU_stud04
06-28-2006, 12:29 PM
dope smokin rejects....havent heard that phrase in over 2 years,....hahahaha

Sweetwater Red
06-28-2006, 12:30 PM
I have obviously hit a nerve. I stand by what I said. But, I'm
going to save my energy for the Snyder posters. Thanks though.:D

Gobbla2001
06-28-2006, 12:34 PM
I have obviously hit a nerve. I stand by what I said. But, I'm
going to save my energy for the Snyder posters. Thanks though.:D

Well, kind of and kind of not... do like the humor...

But in all honesty the right of being a parent is being taken away...

I remember hearing about a case a few years back on the radio... a mother or parents (remember the mother mentioned all of the time) was battling to keep her kids after her three year old ran out their front door naked, the kid was brought inside in less than a minute, but was out there long enough for a lady to report her...

In this current case the child could have been right near the front door playing with a friend, the parent could have been looking out the window every 10 seconds to check to see what was wrong, but these guys from Las Vegas (from what we know, totally not from the parent(s) environment) may not have given a damn...

One is responsible for their own actions...

lepfan
06-28-2006, 12:35 PM
The parents are not to blame in this...it is the IDIOTS who loaded the screwdriver in the paintball gun who are to blame. Objects are only as dangerous as the operator!!!