PDA

View Full Version : AHH the memories

hawkfan
06-27-2006, 10:57 PM
My wife got her Original NES from her grandmother and is playing the Legend of Zelda from 1986. Too bad she couldn't find super mario brothers:(

PPHSfan
06-27-2006, 10:59 PM
LOL,

I love it when someone thinks 1986 was a long time ago.

hawkfan
06-27-2006, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
LOL,

Well I was only 6 at the time.

Phantom Stang
06-28-2006, 11:56 PM
Originally posted by hawkfan
My wife got her Original NES from her grandmother and is playing the Legend of Zelda from 1986. Too bad she couldn't find super mario brothers:(
Super Mario 3 was the bomb!:cool:

Phantom Stang
06-29-2006, 12:00 AM
LOL,

I remember when Pong was High Tech.:D

AggieJohn
06-29-2006, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by hawkfan
My wife got her Original NES from her grandmother and is playing the Legend of Zelda from 1986. Too bad she couldn't find super mario brothers:( i have that right now, i roll it frequently

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 12:12 AM
I don't have my NES, but I do have three Super NES's...
In our family we have pretty much every game system ever made.:cool:

piratebg
06-29-2006, 12:19 AM
I still have my NES. I have Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, The Legend of Zelda I&II, Ghostbuster, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. It's fun to take them out and play them every so often. :thumbsup:

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I still have my NES. I have Super Mario Bros, Duck Hunt, The Legend of Zelda I&II, Ghostbuster, and A Nightmare on Elm Street. It's fun to take them out and play them every so often. :thumbsup:
The Legend of Zelda was one of my favs on the old NES, with Mike Tyson Punchout, Shengin the Ruler and a few others...:clap:
lol The kids want to play Duck Hunt on an emulator controller we bought at the fleamarket, that's when I leave the room, usually.
The fun thing about Duck hunt(and this is for those with a "little mean streak") is to start the game and slip a little piece/wad of paper into the front of the gun when others are playing it and take it out when you are up(easy to do with below 10 yr olds). The kids can't figure out why your gun works and their's doesn't. I always show them what happened after a round or two and they love this joke when their friends are at your house.:D

piratebg
06-29-2006, 01:13 AM
I still love to play Zelda. Punchout was aweome as well, but Contra was one bad to the bone video game, and still is my favorite.

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by piratebg
I still love to play Zelda. Punchout was aweome as well, but Contra was one bad to the bone video game, and still is my favorite.
I loved Contra, but hate the joystick on the emulator I have.:mad:
That was still a great game.:cool:

DU_stud04
06-29-2006, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
I loved Contra, but hate the joystick on the emulator I have.:mad:
That was still a great game.:cool:

CONTRA!!! me and my dad played this game alot, i have it on computer now, and then a friend down the hall has 2 controlers and an emulator(controlers, not joysticks) and we played it non stop. i was so hapy when i finally beat the game last year, never was able to when i was younger

SintonFan
06-29-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by DU_stud04
CONTRA!!! me and my dad played this game alot, i have it on computer now, and then a friend down the hall has 2 controlers and an emulator(controlers, not joysticks) and we played it non stop. i was so hapy when i finally beat the game last year, never was able to when i was younger
I beat it but then again I was a teen at the time.;)

44INAROW
06-29-2006, 03:08 PM
LOL,

I had a 10 yr old and an 8 yr old and hadn't EVEN thought about the next one (1988)
we thought PONG was the neatest thing since sliced bread!