PDA

View Full Version : FC Barcelona

turbostud
06-27-2006, 08:57 PM
For all you soccer fans FC Barcelona will play a match in Houston on Aug 9. This will be your chance to get to see Ronaldihno(the best player in the world) play.

Tweeder215
06-27-2006, 09:06 PM
What about Freddy Adieu, or Ronaldo (in shape of course) where do they rank?

turbostud
06-27-2006, 09:09 PM
Originally posted by Tweeder215
What about Freddy Adieu, or Ronaldo (in shape of course) where do they rank?
I dont know much about soccer but Ronaldo(in shape) is great also but Ronaldihno is the best IMO. When the Brazilians play they just look one step ahead of whoever they are playing.

eagles_victory
06-27-2006, 09:20 PM
Freddy Adu isnt even close yet thats why he wasnt playing in the World Cup

Manck
06-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Freddy Adu would be a backup on many country's U-20 teams. He has HUGE amounts of potential, but he's only 17 and has already been playing pro for 2 years.

He will eventually become one of the greats. Not before the next World Cup though.

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 12:08 AM
I bet Ghana tries to get Adu to play for them in 2010 like they did this year

big daddy russ
06-28-2006, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by Manck
Freddy Adu would be a backup on many country's U-20 teams. He has HUGE amounts of potential, but he's only 17 and has already been playing pro for 2 years.

He will eventually become one of the greats. Not before the next World Cup though.
He's not even close to being the best player on his MLS team right now. Like you said, tons of potential, but I don't know if he's that one guy the US can't do without.

Manck
06-28-2006, 12:24 AM
Look for Adu on the bench for the USA in '10 and playing in '14. Playing for Ghana will destroy his international career, although Ghana is a good side.

Adu will need to season his game, and a good first step would to actually outgrow MLS. I don't see that happening in the next 3 years.

However, being on DC United will help him now, as they are one of the most competitive teams internally right now. It's hard to crack the starting lineup and stay there at RFK.

Manck
06-28-2006, 12:25 AM
Oh yeah, FC Dallas and Houston Dynamo (aka scum) both have games tomorrow.

Check local listings.

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 12:30 AM
The MLS is crap if i was a good soccer player i would play in Europe. I would like to play for Ac Milian or Real Madrid with Ronaldo Beckham and that dude from France that scored today

Manck
06-28-2006, 12:35 AM
That's like every baseball player saying they'd jump straight to the majors.

If you look at the progression of quality in MLS over the last 11 seasons, it has grown IMMENSELY. Most of the USA products playing in Europe today got their start in MLS. The only exceptions I can think of that were on the WC'06 squad were Reyna, Onyewu and Keller. Everyone else playing in Europe played at least one season in MLS.

MLS may never be the best league in the world, but it's sure as hell not a joke like the NASL became by the end; and with the hindsight that the owners now have, it never will.

Manck
06-28-2006, 12:38 AM
And by the way, Real Madrid is the most over-paid, under-performing squad in a loooooooooong time.

Zidane - retiring
Beckham - might have scored five goals in league play TOPS last season
Ronaldo - getting beefy

and they had Michael Owen and paid out the ass for Jonathan Woodgate who got beat out for the England squad by a 17-year old.... they would be lucky to hold Barcelona's jock as a team right now.

eagles_victory
06-28-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Manck
And by the way, Real Madrid is the most over-paid, under-performing squad in a loooooooooong time.

Zidane - retiring
Beckham - might have scored five goals in league play TOPS last season
Ronaldo - getting beefy

and they had Michael Owen and paid out the ass for Jonathan Woodgate who got beat out for the England squad by a 17-year old.... they would be lucky to hold Barcelona's jock as a team right now. Zidane is just retiring from the World Cup I thought and Beckham and Ronaldo have looked pretty damn good to me Ronaldo has looked better then Ronaldhino

Manck
06-28-2006, 08:58 AM
Has Beckham done ANYTHING recently that wasn't a free kick?

And all Ronaldo did yesterday was beat an offside trap that was playing WAY too high. Let's see him do that against France's defense.

Zidane BARELY plays for Real Madrid, and they paid something like 5 times the KC Royals payroll just for him to come there, never mind his salary.

Ronaldinho has been pretty much invisible this Cup. Needs to step up. When he's on, which is almost all the time, he's more fun to watch than just about any one. Just go to YouTube and search him, and you will find some amazing stuff.

Phil C
06-28-2006, 09:45 AM
:clap: