PDA

View Full Version : basketball youth league fight

turbostud
06-27-2006, 12:15 AM
Check this out. Dont know if this has been posted yet.

Link (http://www.ksn.com/news/stories/video/13499464.html)

DU_stud04
06-27-2006, 01:54 AM
"....you got knocked the F*** out!!!!"

aiit on a serious note now,...DANG! the first punch didnt seem like a punch, unless im not watching closly enough, looks more like a clothesline. i probly would have responded around the same way but not as obvious as taking the guy down.:D

3afan
06-27-2006, 05:51 AM
charges are definitely warranted IMO

STANG RED
06-27-2006, 07:10 AM
Originally posted by 3afan
charges are definitely warranted IMO

Ditto! There is no excuse for that. Worse yet, his coach seems to be trying to justify what he did.

injuredinmelee
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
trash

kaorder1999
06-27-2006, 08:17 AM
amazing.....should be arrested.

wedo
06-27-2006, 08:51 AM
IMO you win some you lose some!!! Kids that age get into fights all the time!! And from what it looked like to me is that the kid that got knocked out started it by pushing the other player!!! Im not saying what he did was right, they both should have kept their composure. Its not like he hit him with a weapon or pulled out a gun and shot him. Nor was that kid attacked they both were responsible!!

Phil C
06-27-2006, 08:54 AM
LET THERE BE NO FURTHER VIOLENCE WHERE ONLY LOVE SHOULD BE!! :mad:

kaorder1999
06-27-2006, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by wedo
IMO you win some you lose some!!! Kids that age get into fights all the time!! And from what it looked like to me is that the kid that got knocked out started it by pushing the other player!!! Im not saying what he did was right, they both should have kept their composure. Its not like he hit him with a weapon or pulled out a gun and shot him. Nor was that kid attacked they both were responsible!!

that kid is going to get pushed around in sporting events for the rest of his life. If he can handle himself without violence then he will NEVER make it. He needs to be taught a lesson.

CHS_Grad '85
06-27-2006, 09:03 AM
This was on that "Owned" video... I didn't like the shot then and the explanation for it now doesn't satisfy me either... shoving and elbows is part of the game... knocking somebody out is not... IMO

wedo
06-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by kaorder1999
that kid is going to get pushed around in sporting events for the rest of his life. If he can handle himself without violence then he will NEVER make it. He needs to be taught a lesson.

Your right he should be kicked off the team!! But not arrested!!

kaorder1999
06-27-2006, 09:14 AM
he does it on the street and hes arrested. He does it in a movie theater and he's arrested. He does it in the Piggly-Wiggly and he's arrested. All of this without video footbage and he's arrested. And now its a basketball game with hard evidence and all that should happen is being kicked off the team? Just because he does it on the playing field doesn't change anything. The kid was unconscious and he continued to beat his head against the hard gym floor. Pushing and shoving happens in athletic contests. What this young man did doesn't....at least legally. Charges will be filed.

Ranger Mom
06-27-2006, 09:16 AM
he does it on the street and hes arrested. He does it in a movie theater and he's arrested. He does it in the Piggly-Wiggly and he's arrested. All of this without video footbage and he's arrested. And now its a basketball game with hard evidence and all that should happen is being kicked off the team? Just because he does it on the playing field doesn't change anything. The kid was unconscious and he continued to beat his head against the hard gym floor.

I agree 100%.......letting a kid get away with this kind of behavior just sets him up to be an adult with that kind of behavior!

Adidas410s
06-27-2006, 09:21 AM
he does it on the street and hes arrested. He does it in a movie theater and he's arrested. He does it in the Piggly-Wiggly and he's arrested. All of this without video footbage and he's arrested. And now its a basketball game with hard evidence and all that should happen is being kicked off the team? Just because he does it on the playing field doesn't change anything. The kid was unconscious and he continued to beat his head against the hard gym floor. Pushing and shoving happens in athletic contests. What this young man did doesn't....at least legally. Charges will be filed.

true...true...

DaHop72
06-27-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
I agree 100%.......letting a kid get away with this kind of behavior just sets him up to be an adult with that kind of behavior! Behavior like that will end up with time in TDJC.