PDA

View Full Version : So Is The Texas HS Football Site Down??

ILS1
06-25-2006, 03:24 PM
Just tried going there and it said the account was suspended. What ever that means? LOL!!!! :D

3afan
06-25-2006, 03:39 PM
guess he needs to send a check

Phantom Stang
06-25-2006, 08:26 PM
Yeah, I tried going there and got the same message. I hope it's just a temporary thing.

Emerson1
06-25-2006, 08:41 PM
It's just temporary.

44INAROW
06-25-2006, 09:31 PM
I rec'd this email yesterday - from "Texas HS Football <staff@texashsfootball.com>

I wanted to let you know that www.eamania.com has opened and looking for valuable members that will assist in making the site great. He is only looking for quality members who will post often and participate in the site so if your interested please look over the site and register if you plan to participate.

Thanks, Staff"

Did anyone else get this?

D_bird
06-25-2006, 09:36 PM
Yeah I got that same email.

lostaussie
06-25-2006, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by D_bird
Yeah I got that same email. i did also.

Emerson1
06-25-2006, 09:44 PM
What was the email address where the email came from?

lostaussie
06-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Emerson1
What was the email address where the email came from? "Texas HS Football" <staff@texashsfootball.com>

LoboFan07
06-25-2006, 09:47 PM
Appearently someone has hacked into the site..I've been letting Chris know everything thats been going on.

We caught someone trying to do it about 2 days ago..Chris is at a class reunion so this person that did it obviously knew he was gone.

If you guys have any information, please feel free to PM me or IM me at LoboFan07.

CalallenWildcat
06-25-2006, 10:41 PM
Unfortunately, our host will not allow us to correct this problem immediately. It appears that a hacker who we had thought we had stopped in his tracks was still able to penetrate to our mass email and send out that spam message that some of you received. Our host blamed this on us and suspended our account. We are working it out but it's a slow process due to a lack of cooperation on the host's part.

We at TexasHSFootball.com never send out spam emails. We are working to restore service as soon as possible. Thanks.

piratebg
06-26-2006, 04:15 AM
It's back up now. :clap:

piratebg
06-26-2006, 04:26 AM
But the message board is still down. :(

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Originally posted by GPWildcat
Unfortunately, our host will not allow us to correct this problem immediately. It appears that a hacker who we had thought we had stopped in his tracks was still able to penetrate to our mass email and send out that spam message that some of you received.

I saw the Amsterdam thing shortly before it went down yesterday morning. That's just messed up!

CalallenWildcat
06-26-2006, 07:32 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom
I saw the Amsterdam thing shortly before it went down yesterday morning. That's just messed up!

Yes, it has something to do with Amsterdam and Saudi Arabia. Don't ask me how they relate, but those are the two locations pinged by WHOIS.

Fortunately, we were able to restore our site, but the board is still currently down as we work to restore security.

pirate44
06-26-2006, 12:05 PM
i got the email too, i just dont know how they got my work email address:thinking:

STANG RED
06-26-2006, 12:11 PM
I got the same email, but never went to the site, cause it looked a little fishy to me. Did anyone go check it out?

CalallenWildcat
06-26-2006, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by STANG RED
I got the same email, but never went to the site, cause it looked a little fishy to me. Did anyone go check it out?

LoboFan07 and I both did. It's a discussion forum for EA video games. I'd recommend against visiting it because who knows what type of tracking cookies it could add to your computer. I only visited after I put my security settings on high and activated the active protection on my spyware and virus protection programs.