PDA

View Full Version : any Ronnie Milsap fans out there?

lostaussie
06-25-2006, 09:44 AM
i know there are lots of youngsters on here that may not know who Ronnie is, but for you fans, he has a new cd coming out on tuesday that looks like a really good one. i am a big fan of Ronnie Milsap!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOSgrad
06-25-2006, 10:09 AM
I used to be a big fan until an incident was relayed to me about the guy from a friend and a reliable source. KOGT in Orange had a blind DJ named Terry Lyons, who was a fixture in Orange until his death a few years ago. A number of years back, Terry got a chance to meet Mr. Milsap, who proceeded to treat Terry like a piece of dirt, ironically, because of Terry's blindness.

Now, of course, the standup guy that Terry was, he would never speak of it. But since I heard that story, I place Milsap in the same class that I do the Dixie Chicks.....and with me, that is not a good class.

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 12:39 PM
"Smoky Moutain Rain keep on falling keep on calling her naaaame...."
I'm a big fan too!:thumbsup:
Here's an amazon.com link that has samples of some of his more popular music. Ronnie Milsap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002TV3/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/002-7286057-9380816?n=5174)

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad
I used to be a big fan until an incident was relayed to me about the guy from a friend and a reliable source. KOGT in Orange had a blind DJ named Terry Lyons, who was a fixture in Orange until his death a few years ago. A number of years back, Terry got a chance to meet Mr. Milsap, who proceeded to treat Terry like a piece of dirt, ironically, because of Terry's blindness.

Now, of course, the standup guy that Terry was, he would never speak of it. But since I heard that story, I place Milsap in the same class that I do the Dixie Chicks.....and with me, that is not a good class.
That's sad to hear but that wouldn't put him in the class of the Chicksy Dix(ie).:(

injuredinmelee
06-25-2006, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by SintonFan
"Smoky Moutain Rain keep on falling keep on calling her naaaame...."
I'm a big fan too!:thumbsup:
Here's an amazon.com link that has samples of some of his more popular music. Ronnie Milsap (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000002TV3/ref=pd_sxp_elt_l1/002-7286057-9380816?n=5174)

great song!

Gobbla2001
06-25-2006, 04:09 PM
I always like hearing him sing about driving and seeing people on the beach and stuff... it's like "Uh, no, you didn't, no, you don't"... liar

nah, he's got skills... that's what happens when you're missing a sense...

STANG RED
06-25-2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by lostaussie
i am a big fan of Ronnie Milsap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me too! Ever since the first time I heard him.

Oh, and I dont believe that story about him treating a blind DJ bad.

Gobbla2001
06-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Milsap: "These blind people, ugh, I swear "... now that's funny...:rolleyes: :mad:

Gobbla2001
06-25-2006, 04:24 PM
But how did the blind DJ know that it was actually Ronnie Milsap treating him badly... did he see him? Milsap have braille on the inside of his hands so when ya shake it you can tell it's really him???

Man I'm goin' straight to hell

3afan
06-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by WOSgrad

never a good idea to judge someone from third hand information ......

PPHSfan
06-25-2006, 06:37 PM
Ronnie Milsap rocks. I saw him live back in or around 78. He got up from his piano and RAN toward the edge of the stage. After stopping just short of the edge he told us that he just "counts the steps". Afterwards he told us about the time his stage manager thought it would be funny to move his piano closer to the edge, and he ended up in the third row.:eek:

3afan
06-25-2006, 07:07 PM
you mean his former stage manager ...

PPHSfan
06-25-2006, 07:12 PM
He was a cut-up for sure. I remember him telling us that he had written a new song called "endless love" and then he told us it was a ballad about himself and Stevie Wonder playing tennis.

pirate44
06-25-2006, 07:17 PM
"Stranger in my house" is the only RM song i dont get tired of too quick. "...Theres a stranger in my house, somebody there that i cant see..."

lostaussie
06-25-2006, 09:23 PM
whew. just got back on. i'm glad there are some other fans. WOSgrad done rained on my parade earlier in the day:D