4. Doesn't really matter does it?

5. Doesn't really matter does it?

6. Doesn't really matter does it?

7. Doesn't really matter does it?

8. Doesn't really matter does it?

9. Doesn't really matter does it?

10. Doesn't really matter does it?

PS.

I will not feel the need to make any changes week to week, as I am sure the poll will not change.

Cameron Crazy
06-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Nice doc

injuredinmelee
06-24-2006, 09:15 PM
someone refresh my memory on who all is in Celinas district now?

Ranger Mom
06-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by injuredinmelee
someone refresh my memory on who all is in Celinas district now?

District 9

Bonham
Celina
Frisco Wakeland
Pilot Point
Princeton
Prosper
Van Alstyne
Whitesboro

Emerson1
06-24-2006, 10:35 PM
Wow, that's a toughee

ILS1
06-24-2006, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by Ranger Mom
District 9

Bonham
Celina
Frisco Wakeland
Pilot Point
Princeton
Prosper
Van Alstyne
Whitesboro

Shouldn't it read and this is ACCORDING to PPHSfan:

District 9
Celina
Doesn't really matter does it?

:D :D :D

PPHSfan
06-24-2006, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by ILS1
Shouldn't it read and this is ACCORDING to PPHSfan:

District 9
Celina

:D :D :D

It won't matter after two rounds. LOL

KindaCool
06-25-2006, 12:18 AM
this poll is not right

the purple warriors will pull 10 upsets this season

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 12:24 AM
There a HS team called the "purple warriors"?

KindaCool
06-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
There a HS team called the "purple warriors"? yes, bonham

you have to be from texas to know that, not northern mexico (san antonio or anywhere south of there)

PPHSfan
06-25-2006, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by KindaCool
yes, bonham

you have to be from texas to know that, not northern mexico (san antonio or anywhere south of there)

LOL

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 12:52 AM
yes, bonham

You can keep those purple warriors then... with a name like Bonham it's Kinda fitting to have such an effeminate name for your team...:p

Bandera YaYa
06-25-2006, 12:59 AM
yes, bonham

you have to be from texas to know that, not northern mexico (san antonio or anywhere south of there) Oh lordy......here we go .........uhh, is Bonham in Southern Oklahoma???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::D

SintonFan
06-25-2006, 01:03 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh lordy......here we go .........uhh, is Bonham in Southern Oklahoma???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::D
lol
Now YaYa, it's just some effiminate poster jealous that SA won the big one... that's all.;)

LH Panther Mom
06-25-2006, 07:26 AM
this poll is not rightthe purple warriors will pull 10 upsets this season
So if defeating Whitesboro is considered an upset, can the warriors be very good? :confused:

KindaCool
06-25-2006, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by Bandera YaYa
Oh lordy......here we go .........uhh, is Bonham in Southern Oklahoma???? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes::D at least oklahoma does a service for texas

Gobbla2001
06-25-2006, 04:13 PM
at least oklahoma does a service for texas

Yah, they take in all of our rednecks...

Saliva and Gomer aint nuffin', PP :D

KindaCool
06-25-2006, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Gobbla2001
Yah, they take in all of our rednecks...

Saliva and Gomer aint nuffin', PP :D i was thinking more along of the lines that oklahoma sucks, so they keep us from falling in the ocean

3afan
06-25-2006, 07:08 PM
i was thinking more along of the lines that oklahoma sucks, so they keep us from falling in the ocean

rookies ...

:p

spiveyrat
06-26-2006, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by SintonFan
There a HS team called the "purple warriors"?

They used to be the Purple People Eaters, but then came the '90s and the age of being PC. ;)

STANG RED
06-26-2006, 08:19 AM
Originally posted by PPHSfan
1. Gilmer

2. Celina

PS.

I will not feel the need to make any changes week to week, as I am sure the poll will not change.

Well Hell! That settles it then! No need in anyone else even suiting up. Just let these boys have a week or two of practice and play the title game. No need in chanceing injury or upset by actually playing a season for anyone. In fact, why bother with any of the other classifications either? Just let the winner of these two claim the undisputed title for all classifications for the whole state. Hell, why stop there, lets just call it the undisputed national championship while we're at it. No! Better yet, why not world champions?

I make a motion we change the name of this board to the "Gilmer/Celina downlow". No need in mucking up the works with talk about all of our poor, pitiful, looser teams, that dont even belong on the same field with those boys. Looks like the rest of us can only wish for 3rd place at best anyway.
Dant it!!! Stupid me, was really hoping we actually had a shot this year. Oh well, maybe in a couple of years, Celina will drop back to 2A, and Gilmer will quit recruiting pros, so the rest of us will have a fighting chance. See y'all in 2008, I guess.:mad: :devil:

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Well Hell! That settles it then! No need in anyone else even suiting up. Just let these boys have a week or two of practice and play the title game. No need in chanceing injury or upset by actually playing a season for anyone. In fact, why bother with any of the other classifications either? Just let the winner of these two claim the undisputed title for all classifications for the whole state. Hell, why stop there, lets just call it the undisputed national championship while we're at it. No! Better yet, why not world champions?

I make a motion we change the name of this board to the "Gilmer/Celina downlow". No need in mucking up the works with talk about all of our poor, pitiful, looser teams, that dont even belong on the same field with those boys. Looks like the rest of us can only wish for 3rd place at best anyway.
Dant it!!! Stupid me, was really hoping we actually had a shot this year. Oh well, maybe in a couple of years, Celina will drop back to 2A, and Gilmer will quit recruiting pros, so the rest of us will have a fighting chance. See y'all in 2008, I guess.:mad: :devil:

It's a little early in the day for you to be experimenting with beer isn't it?

STANG RED
06-26-2006, 08:42 AM
It's a little early in the day for you to be experimenting with beer isn't it?

Beer Hell! That was last night. It's bloody mary time baby!!!:D

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by STANG RED
Beer Hell! That was last night. It's bloody mary time baby!!!:D

OK, then. Maybe I will find a spot for Sweetwater in my top 25 poll.

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2006, 09:02 AM
1. Gilmer

2. Celina

PS.

Yes, it does matter!

Gilmer will be playing Michigan in the Fiesta Bowl after the end of
the regular season.

Celina won't make it outta the second round of the play-offs.

Therefore, neither will be Sweetwater's problem when the
play-offs start...:D

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 09:05 AM
Who do you think is going to beat Celina in round two?

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2006, 09:28 AM
Who do you think is going to beat Celina in round two?

Who ever they'll play. It doesn't matter. Ya'll are expecting them
to do in 3A what they did in 2A. That just doesn't happen. Now,
Tatum dropping down to 2A after winning the D2 championship,
is a different story.

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Sweetwater Red
is a different story.

So it is your contention that they will lose to whoever they play in the second round because they were in 2a last year?

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 09:30 AM
Maybe somebody should have told Southlake Carroll that rule when they moved up to 3a and to 5a.

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2006, 09:32 AM
So it is your contention that they will lose to whoever they play in the second round because they were in 2a last year?

The caliber of play is a little higher in 3A than in 2A, do you agree?

LH Panther Mom
06-26-2006, 09:39 AM
Ya'll are expecting them to do in 3A what they did in 2A.
Hey.....there's no "ya'll" on the Celina jock ride. :devil:

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2006, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by LH Panther Mom

Sorry, I meant "you guys":D .

sic'em
06-26-2006, 10:04 AM
celina should easily march to the semifinals of division 2. region 2 of division 2 is really weak b/c most everybody moved to 2a. take a look at dctf and move the big schools out of the region 2 districts and you dont have much left. sorry, but i dont see west, whitney, glen rose, wills point, emory, lake worth, or madison beating them. those would be the possible contenders in the first two rounds. after that the teams seem to get worse. d1 reg2 has all the good teams :tex liberty-eylau, glimer, kennedale, and van. you could legitimately argue that 2a reg 2 is deeper than 3a reg 2

Sweetwater Red
06-26-2006, 10:08 AM
Originally posted by sic'em
celina should easily march to the semifinals of division 2. region 2 of division 2 is really weak b/c most everybody moved to 2a. take a look at dctf and move the big schools out of the region 2 districts and you dont have much left. sorry, but i dont see west, whitney, glen rose, wills point, emory, lake worth, or madison beating them. those would be the possible contenders in the first two rounds. after that the teams seem to get worse. d1 reg2 has all the good teams :tex liberty-eylau, glimer, kennedale, and van. you could legitimately argue that 2a reg 2 is deeper than 3a reg 2

Boy, this is gonna open up a can of worms probably. But, isn't
Dallas Madison returning alot of their speedsters?

No offense intended. But, Dave Campbell doesn't know Jack.
He had Snyder at #3 last year. We all know how that turned
out.

sic'em
06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
i just used dctf as an example b/c most people know what it is and they list the adm figures. as pphsfan has been trying to show everyone, dont be ignorant in thinking that celina wont make the semis just b/c they were 2a last year. heck, tatum won 3a last year with 2a numbers. of all things, if you underestimate them b/c they are small or slow or were 2a they will kick your butt. talent doesnt win you 7 state titles, and what does win you 7 state titles knows no classification level. ask slc.
having watched these teams and knowing what they do, the only team on paper that can challenge celina in d2reg2 is madison. knowing celinas coaching staff and what madison runs, i just dont see them beating celina. yet that can be up for debate i suppose. the other teams (and i am from one of them) shouldnt be able to match up. but as i'm sure someone will say, anything can happen

lostaussie
06-26-2006, 10:42 AM
madison can definatley play with celina. that would be a great matchup and there is a good possibility it will happen along the way. speed vs. power. could be a great game.

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 02:54 PM
The caliber of play is a little higher in 3A than in 2A, do you agree?

I agree in theory. But Celina's caliber will remain the same. They have been thrashing 3a teams for years. In fact, their record against 3a teams is around 60-3.
They probably have a better record against 3a teams than ANY 3A TEAM.

pirate4state
06-26-2006, 02:55 PM
Hey.....there's no "ya'll" on the Celina jock ride. :devil: :eek: All aboard the Celina jock strap!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh Lots of jock strap ridin' folks on the downlow - :eek: :p

44INAROW
06-26-2006, 02:59 PM

now that's funny.........:D :D

PPHSfan
06-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Originally posted by pirate4state
:eek: All aboard the Celina jock strap!!! :evillaugh :evillaugh Lots of jock strap ridin' folks on the downlow - :eek: :p

My record will show that I have been a Celina fan for years.

sinton66
06-26-2006, 03:39 PM
is a different story.

Do you have any idea what Celina did the last time they were in 3A? This ain't their first rodeo.

lostaussie
06-26-2006, 04:25 PM
oooh oooh i know the answer. lost in playoffs to daingerfield in 02' on a missed extra point 21-20. made a heroic comeback to have a chance though. then in 03' we kicked the crap out of them:D wasn't much train horn blowin that night. these are the only 2 games i have ever seen celina play. they might pay me not to come back!!!!!!!!!